Billys watery wonderland- The Sweetest edition.....so far!

badbillybob

taking shape now, ive got the lights all tested and just have the rdwc system to finish off when bits arrive. 

the last cream caramel is a dud I think. the seed did crack but heave a look , its brown inside, where the end of the tap root should belarge_102.JPG

ive chucked it in a root it cube anyway, im the god of optimism me...lol

the rest of them are now above the root it cubes, well some of them, ignore the 4 on the left in the pic. 

2 of the creame caramels and 2 blackjacks are out. 

The SAD s1's are still hibernating, but its only been a couple of days and I can see one off them poking through the cube.large_100.JPG

I gave them a spray and sprayed the hydroton, then stuck them back in the room under a 250watt metal halide. 

the lighting is on 24 hours, cos my cheap timer broke.. It will help with the heat in there.

heres where the room is at ..almost there......large_101.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

large_101.JPG

Hey Bill. Nice watching this come together. When you get a chance can you explain what your plans are with those lights and when you will use them? Are those air cooled hoods new? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Hey Bill. Nice watching this come together. When you get a chance can you explain what your plans are with those lights and when you will use them? Are those air cooled hoods new? 

well, the plan ( he says plan, like he has one lol) is to use the lights when the plants are potted up.

The central 4 pots are a 3 plant system, 1 pot is the reserviour.

The air cooled hoods ive had for a while, but didn't get round to using them. I was going to use them if the temps were too high in the room, but it turned out to be ok. it seemed a shame to have them in storage when I could use them instead. 

These are cooled by a separate 8 inch rvk fan, run off a diy variac controller. The fan runs at about 35-40% which is as low as id like to go, because any lower would overheat the fan motor. these things need a certain amount of flow through them to prevent the motors over heating. 

The fan is outside the room, blowing through the hoods (best way to run a/c lights)  and the extract vent goes to the outside too. ive put in a couple of dual spec lamps in the air cooled ones, because I ran out of metal halides.

I usually veg for 20 hours on and 4 of, but this time im going to try 24 hrs for veg (because my timer broke, its nothing scientific).

It should help with the heat. im hoping the air cooled hoods don't add much to the heat in there. if they do, I can always turn the ballasts down to 400w or worse case scenario, remove the air cooled hoods and the central 3 pot system and just run the outside rows of pots. 

im hoping the extra pots down the middle will save a week of veg time. im hoping for a 3 or 4 week veg.....

I will put them on to 400watt for week 1 of veg, then  600watt for rest of  veg, and crank it up to 660w in bloom, after week 2/3, depending on temps, obviously.....

Whos hygrohybrid? only kidding, I do know.... hes the American dude on youtoob eh? hmmmmmmm,  yes, …...he likes to talk, but don't believe everything he says...….

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11

Yeah well aware he can waffle lol that guy is pretty much responsible for me being a grower though so little reminders are nice :yep:

• Like 5

Great start man really looking forward to seeing this one grow out  with the extra row in there it will look amazing come flower time. I wonder when you will miss your path down the middle, your room always looks top notch, all the best mate.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, golf.007 said:

Great start man really looking forward to seeing this one grow out  with the extra row in there it will look amazing come flower time. I wonder when you will miss your path down the middle, your room always looks top notch, all the best mate.

im missing my path already mate.

Its a royal pain trying to squeeze my fat ass between the rows, but as they say - no pain -no gain.

I just hope its worth it.

If it all goes to plan it will be a sea of buds, but that's a big "IF"

• Like 5

welcome to the veg cab lol. 

I really need to down size. :mellow::skin_up:

metal halide set at 250 watts, heated prop set at whatever it comes out the factory at...

large_100.JPG

they are all up, bar the ropey rotter caramel, I think its a no show. 

the other BJ (snigger)  had the seed shell stuck halfway down the stem, so, in order to keep in tow with the sweet seeds logo, I used my famed "touch of an elephant" trying to pry it off, and succeeded in supercropping the seedling. its the one in the centre of the tray, this is before old "hands of stone" got to it . I should have just left it. 

Its like growing with Homer around here most days- Doh!

The sweet strains are in rows 3-5, from the left its  row 3 from the top -black jack (top 2), row 4 from the top cream caramel, ( the top one has it cotyledons stuck together, im spraying this one, don't need another casualty), row 5 has the SAD s1's the middle one looks pretty ropey too, hopefully it will come good in time.  either that - or I kill it with fire.....large_101.JPG

these will be in the system mid week I reckon. 

ive germed my last cream caramel and blackjack, as a back up, just in case.....its in water soaking

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 18

Im still setting up the 3 pot system, but its fighting back.....

well, what a ball ache trying to find a suitable hose tail for my hailea pump to run 13mm/1/2 inch hose and fittings...

its 5/8 of an inch (the pump outlet thread), with a dia. 1 inch hosetail, and trying to find a fitting to replace this which has  5/8  inch thread for the pump for a hosetail has been impossible.

ive ended up going down the reducers route, from inch to 3/4, then a 3/4 to 13mm1/2 inch  for the hose to feed the new 3 pot system.

Sorted now but it pains me to be spending over a fiver on a single reducer, in plastic - ebay robbers...….

• Like 8

Thanks for showing us your amazing room - I can't wait to see it full up with green in couple of months! Good luck with the plants and the contest :yep:

• Like 5

Hench setup mate, this is going to be a fun diary to watch for sure...... Wicked wicked, Jungle is massive! ;)

• Like 7

Thanks man, lets hope the jungle is massive....time will tell...….

The reducer for the 3 pot system turned up today.

Just my stoned luck, I ordered the wrong size - duh, 18 instead of 19mm. what a difference a mm makes. the hose slides straight over it - doh!!

I know it would fit if I clamped it tight, but ive now found an adapter that goes straight from 25mm to 13mm, so its ordered...….. more expense. im hoping the back pressure on the pump is gonna be ok, will find out in a week or two I suppose, but all the hose joints are getting zip tied and the inch pipe ones will be clamped up tight. 

I don't need an additional fountain feature in there...….:thumbdown:

The spare seeds I germed -  the blackjack and cream caramel have sprouted tails, and are in cubes now, so I should have plenty to choose from.

my er, supercropped seedling , the BJ (fnurkk) is not straightening up, its got a 90 degree stem, and not even a week old...they don't call me the canna killer for nothing ha ha. 

Ive filled the main system and am running it a couple of times a day, through the pumps, just to get the ph sorted for them going in.

No chiller required so far, water temps are too low to need it. It might be a different story once the illuminations go on...

im putting in a big aquarium heater to the res today, so the water is nice and warm for them going in. its set to 19 degrees. I don't want to shock them, so young.

No pics today, im sure you all know what a root it cube looks like ha ha 

till next time....:skin_up::yinyang:

• Like 10

ive just been out with the spare seeds and took a pic or two. 

Just to prove that things don't always go swimmingly in Billys poolside retreat, heres a couple more casualties.:wallbash:

I pulled the dwarf SAD s1, the tap root hasn't formed properly, so no wonder it wasn't growing. bit unusual ive not seen this before. it might have happened when I transplanted the seed with tap root into the cube, who knows. 

its like the tap root has turned up and stopped growing, with a real small other capilliary root coming out the bottom, weird.

The seedling on the top isn't a sweet seed, its a critical +2, which shows classic signage of the stem damping off...see where it thins, this was just on the surface of the cube.  Why?  Gawd knows.... I was only giving them a light spray once a day....shit happens.....

large_100.JPG

Kinda glad I germed the spares now....

And heres the supercropped blackjack. its still alive , just a bit wonky. If you look at the other one behind it, you can see the stem bending because they are hitting off the top of the prop lid.large_101.JPG

Maybe I should just transplant them tomorrow....

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11

Great start Billy, and entertaining as usual lol

Nice addition to your set up too. Hope it works out as planned, which I've no doubt ;)

Best of luck with the grow and comp dude :yep:

• Like 2