Billys watery wonderland- The Sweetest edition.....so far!

badbillybob

poke...…... poke...…….. poke,...……………..

nope, one of the cream caramels and one of the SADs are not for sinking. hmmm, most peculiar.

the seeds of the  floaters  (pffft …schoolboy type giggle)  look a darker colour than the sinkers, (im a scientist...me) and ive had this before, but not to worry, ive more beans.

I stuck another couple of each in there, just to be on the safe side. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 9

@badbillybob fingers crossed they still germinate, I get floaters all the time and they still work most of the time. Usually a day or two in moist kitchen roll will crack the shell open. But yh' a good call on the extra beans. I usually over germinate in my RDWC, gotta' fill the baskets. 

• Like 5

Thank you for fronting the seeds and running this competition, its gonna be great. lots of very good growers involved here and some lovely strain choices.

well poke...…..... poke...…………….. poke, ........................yay, ....................it sunk.

the last cream caramel is underwater this morning. 

I took them out 5 minutes ago and put them inito my plastic food tub, with some pre wetted kitchen roll.

ignore the first 6 in the top row, the first 6 are other strains.

the top right 3 are cream caramel

bottom left 3 are SAD s1

bottom right 2 are blackjacks.

large_100.JPGlarge_101.JPG

lid is on the tub and its sitting on top of my hot water tank in the cupboard. 

Lovely, ill be back in a few days for cube transplant...we have lift off

• Like 12

@badbillybob Looking good mate, as I say your defo in for some nice buds.

But tell me honestly, did you giggle when you wrote out your Black Jack labels?.. I know it's childish, but every time I wrote the letters B J on mine.......  :bag: 

• Like 11

Well these didn't take long to throw out a tap root from the shell.

Not all of the seeds have the tap root out, but I don't like trying to force them into the root it cubes with long taproots, too much risk of snapping it off imo,  so I have" cubed" the ones with root and left the ones without, in the kitchen roll.

I use tweezers to lift them from the paper towel to the cube.

So far I have transplanted 2 bjs' (snigger), one cream caramel, and no sad's.

Im hoping the rest of the seeds will have sprouted a taproot by tomorrow night.

Here is a cream caramel, with a particularly fat tap root. This is a good sign , I reckon. This shows what length I like to cube them at.

large_102.JPG

Once they are in the cubes I put them in my heated propagator with all vents closed.

I put a small amount of moisture on the underside of the lid, to raise the humidity in there and encourage the little blighters out of the cubes.

The hydroton under the trays serves 2 purposes. first it reduces the temp getting to the bottom of the cubes by a small amount, and secondly, it  is to let the roots grow into it, from the underside of the cubes. I need roots a few inches long before I can put them into the system, see?

large_101.JPGlarge_100.JPG

I will put a cfl over them when they crack the surface. I have a 150watt and a 300 watt one, will probably just stick with the 150watter. 

I also put up some timber battens to the ceiling of the grow room for the extra air cooled hoods - oh I didn't tell you about them, did I?

All will be revealed...………...

• Like 17

I doubt you'll have any problems getting any of these to germ.

I just had 3 Cream Caramel show tap roots in 24 hours and then break the soil surface in 24hours. Vigorous feckers.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Greenls said:

I doubt you'll have any problems getting any of these to germ.

I just had 3 Cream Caramel show tap roots in 24 hours and then break the soil surface in 24hours. Vigorous feckers.

Even the autos are mine shot straight up they veg really nicely mate aswell for autos so I can only imagine what the photoperiod will be like well ive seen it on here and looks amazing every time, definitely going to be running that soon so ill keep an eye on this happy new years and good luck mate.

• Like 4

thanks . 

the rest of them have tap roots now, yeah all of them except one. 

Can you guess which one that is Greenis? yeah the  cream caramel ….bah, you jinxed me man (only kidding)

large_100.JPG

these all got cubed this morning. what a fine start to the new year.

Tallking of which its a miracle that im up at this time given the amount of whisky and cider I sconned last night, so excuse the spelling or grammer mistakes...…..

im off back to my bed, my head hurts...………...

oh yeah, and Happy new year everyone :smokin::hippy::skin_up:

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 16

a couple of room modifications. not quite finished yet, but fugit, ive had enough for todaylarge_102.JPG

I had these air cooled shades lying about doing nothing, and I had a big gap between the 2 rows of buckets, so I thought, I know, ill ill that gap with a couple of lights. the air cooling is taken care of by a 8 inch rvk fan outside the room, which goes to a reducer 6 inch. its all run off a home made variac controller, running whisper quiet at about 40% with enough wind to cool my fried brains.....

great idea eh?

Then I had another...why not add a few more pots to the room and make use of all that space, so...…...

large_104.JPG

Another, stand alone system. its a 3 pot one, with the end pot as a res, no chiller either, but if it goes south, ive no one to blame but myself.

Ive got a platform to build for it tomorrow, when the shops open again, I need some 3 or 4 by 2s. 

This is the one I was building in my rdwc build guide (link in my sig)

Im waiting for a pump too, and some expensive net pots,

Then it will get fitted into the room and the 3 plants will sit under the 2 lights.

Ive got to rig up some sort of walkway so I can get down between the rows, to lift the lights and check on them, havnt quite figured that one out yet but its gonna involve timber and screws, that's as much as I know. 

In the words of shed 7," its getting better all the time"....for all you older dudes who have good memories of the 90's

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 10