Billys watery wonderland- The Sweetest edition.....so far!

badbillybob

Hello and welcome to my competition diary..

I have decided to enter this competition as I have a few strains from sweet seeds that have been gnawing away at my sub conscious- go on Billy,..... try them …...it says, you know you want to.....and I do...….so I am......

strains in question are a few of Sweet seeds best performers.

I have chosen Black jack, cream caramel and Sweet afghan delicious s1, all of which I have wanted to do for a good while, but never got round to. 

Heres the contenders, limbering up in the background

large_108.JPG

Black Jack

large_106.JPG

Crossbreed of our Black Domina with an exceptional Jack Herer that features a pleasant and intense bouquet similar to the Haze’s cathedral incense aromatic trait. The result is Black Jack® (SWS01), one of our most powerful and productive strains.
This classic strain features great hybrid vigor and it is totally adapted to indoor grows. When planted outdoors, directly in the ground and with enough sunlight, it becomes a resinous hairy monster of about three meters of height.

Indica/Sativa: 50%/50%
THC: 16-21% · CBD: 1,0%
Indoor Yield: 500-600 g/m2
Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks

Cream caramel

large_105.JPG

This synthetic strain is the result of a three way cross between our best Indicas: Blue Black x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino.
This classic strain features a sweet intense taste that is reminiscent of caramel, combined with a hint of earthy flavors inherited from the Blue genetic that intervenes in the cross. This strain is ideal for indoor growing.
This strain is the favorite of medicinal cannabis users. Relaxing and antidepressant.

Indica/ Sativa: 90%/10%
THC: 15-20% · CBD: 1,6%
Indoor Yield: 400-550 g/m2
Indoor Blooming: 8-9 weeks

Sweet Afghan Delicious s1

large_107.JPG

Self-pollination of one of our most powerful and aromatic mothers, a Black Domina selected in 1998.
The self-pollination of this super mother produces dense buds covered by abundant resin. This strain features sweet intense aroma and a musky flavor inherited from its afghan ancestors.
This S1 seed allows for a very homogeneous offspring regarding the described characteristics. Easy to grow and very resistant to pests and fungus.

Indica/Sativa: 90%/10%
THC: 15-20% · CBD: 1,8%
Indoor Yield: 400-500 g/m2
Indoor Blooming: 8-9 weeks

And so to the plan . The plan is to wet 2 of each strain and hope hey all sprout nicely for me. I will play them music and sing sweet melodies to them to increase my chances.

For those of you who have been fortunate enough to miss my previous ramblings, my  system of growing is HYDRO, using a home made RDWC system with top fed spray bars and airstones.

Its been developed by myself over the years and is working pretty well now, altho, as with most things, it could be improved.

Here it is. I wont bore you to tears with the lowdown on it, but will condense it to say the totes are 60 litres, the net pots 250mm, the airpumps are 60litres, 2 golf ball airstones per pot, chiller is hc300 hailea, and the water pumps are 4000litre for the 4 pot side and 8000 litre for the 5 pot side.

Nutrient line is Ionic, used for years and good enough for Heath Robinson (my hero...………...swoon....lol)…...:hippy:large_gr1.JPGlarge_gr2.JPG

im actually repairing a leak on it today, or at least that was the plan, but the section I cut out, I tested it and no leaks, so I just put it back, with new joint connectors. I will leave the glue to set and trial fill it tonight, with everything crossed. 

So once the system is cleaned and leak free, we will wet some beans .

Can you feel the excitement?

I can...………….

So take a seat, skin up a fat one, and hold on for the ride...….:skin_up:

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 27

@badbillybob what swagger, coming out swinging and early!

I like your setup mate, I'd love that kind of space to work with screens, what a dream.

All the best with the competition. :yep:

• Like 4

Yes, im a bit early, considering nothing has even been soaked yet, but just thought id get it off the ground, so thanks for the good wishes.

system is fixed, I think, no obvious  leaks so far, what a relief.

im on full " kill everything with bleach " clean down mode.

im gonna check it later tonight and if its all water tight, the beans are going for a swim. woo hooo, its gonna be good.....

• Like 6

Hi bud, crazy but you have chosen the same three strains I chose for my first crack at the sweet seeds competition a few years ago.

Not sure if you've tried them all before but your in for a treat. I loved the SAD, it was a really great plant to grow, really vigorous plant and so homogeneous, really good choice. 

I'll follow along if its cool. :yep:

• Like 5

fuck me, i've only just signed up to this lol how late am i? :unsure:

i'm with you with the BJ's mate, but i had a malfunction with my heat mats last year and cooked the roots so i'm doing BJ, Gorilla Girl both again to show the world what can be done lol and i just randomly picked 'do se do' i think they are called for a third.

best of luck with this lot mate :)

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Hi bud, crazy but you have chosen the same three strains I chose for my first crack at the sweet seeds competition a few years ago.

Not sure if you've tried them all before but your in for a treat. I loved the SAD, it was a really great plant to grow, really vigorous plant and so homogeneous, really good choice. 

I'll follow along if its cool. :yep:

ha ha , great minds think alike eh? You obviously have very good taste...

ive read various reports on these strains over the years and just thought "yeah, im gonna have to give them a run some day"

I like a decent indica "dunt" too, so these should fit the bill.

aye hop aboard, the more the merrier. there is usually some entertainment along the way.

35 minutes ago, ratdog said:

fuck me, i've only just signed up to this lol how late am i? :unsure:

i'm with you with the BJ's mate, but i had a malfunction with my heat mats last year and cooked the roots so i'm doing BJ, Gorilla Girl both again to show the world what can be done lol and i just randomly picked 'do se do' i think they are called for a third.

best of luck with this lot mate :)

Don't worry about being late- you're not...…………………………………... I havnt even soaked these yet.

I hope you have more luck with the blackjack this time mate. ive not read any bad reports on them yet, so they should be good.

• Like 6

@badbillybob  I'm the same with the Indica's mate, you should get on with the SAD, its like an old skool Mango or orange bud with a more modern twist, really big dense buds. Cream Caramel is a mind melter as well, very morish flavour she has. 

If you get time and can be arsed there is some quite nice bud shots in my "Diary Pictures" Album of all 3 strains, worth a look through to get you in the mood for growing these.

I came so close to choosing SAD again cos' it was just such a nice strain. :oldtoker:

• Like 5

I don't blame you, im hoping for great things from these. 

the system is now drained from full on bleach attack, here it is, with just a little bit of bleach, it shows how frothy it gets. large_100.JPG

First time I did it it, I er, put in too much bleach. I left it with the pumps running and when I came back an hour or so later it was about 4 foot deep, it was  was like an Ibiza foam party lol. the floors and half the walls were also disinfected lol. 

You live and learn eh?

Seeds are soaking. 

I use tepid tapwater, ec is 0.2 so its soft.

I will poke them under water tomorrow morning, and tomorrow night I will put them in kitchen roll, pre wetted.

This then gets put in a Ziploc bag and placed in the cupboard where the hot water tank is. I should have taproots  from them within a few days.

They will then go into root it cubes and placed in a heated propagator till they break the surface of the cubes.   I always label them because my memory is crap at the best of times.

here we go 2 of each strain.

large_101.JPG I will hopefully get 100% germination, and pick the best 5 to go into the system.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 8