Billys watery wonderland- The Sweetest edition.....so far!

badbillybob

Yes, you're right , it is too high. I normally only start them at 0.6, and I wont start them again at 0.8. 

It was just an experiment to see if they could take it, but they weren't happy, but if you don't try these things, you never know eh? I need some patience....

I do swing the ph, or try to, but the system holds so much nutrient that there isn't a huge amount of exchange, especially when they are this small, so it stays pretty stable.

I normally set it to 5.8 and it might rise to 6.2 over a week to 10 days or so, but, once they get going in mid bloom  I would have to adjust it at least once a week. they went into the system 9 days ago and I havnt adjusted anything, I havnt touched the ph down yet.

I also meant to say, there is the first signs of roots out the bottom of the net pots, wont be long before they really take off. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 6

Hi badbillybob, all the best with your plants and new hydro set up,  which looks fantastic and a lot of work put into it. I have no clue about this type of growing, I will watch and learn.

The Cream Caramel is a wonderful relaxing smoke. I'm having a cream caramel Friday afternoon off today as it happens :smokin:

atb shire

• Like 4

blimey, five pages already, i'm a bit slow this year, but not as slow as @McHazy he's always lagging behind lol

good luck mate, but i expect you'll knock it out of the park

• Like 6

Morning my little sweeties - see what I did there?:thumbdown:

Well these have been in the system for almost 2 weeks, 13 days to be precise, and seem to be a little hot still, :pitchfork:.so im taking measures by raising the lights a bit and if that's not enough, the middle light will be turned down to 400watts. The temps aren't too bad, hovering around 28/29, just a little bit high. But you can see the edges of some of the leaves are starting to turn up, a classic sign of too much heat, I need to do something about it.

Humidifier is still getting filled when I remember and doing a decent job. 

Here they are today, first up is the blackjackslarge_abj2.JPGlarge_abj1.JPG

next is the cream caramellarge_acc2.JPG

and the sweet afghan delicious is next. Its growing really well so far, im liking the structure of them all.

We have roots out of the bottom of the netpots too, its all happening here ya know, check em out. large_a1.JPG

I have only topped the res up twice, total of 20 litres, which is nothing really, but once the roots get down there will be more water needed.

The feeds are still at 0.8EC and Ph is at 6.0.

I will be looking to do their first topping soon. 

I wait till there are at least 5 nodes, so as not to stress them as much, ive found that this is a good compromise. 

I will also be changing the res this weekend, that'll be 2 and a half weeks, but since there is so much nutrient in there and they haven't really taken much it will be fine. Ive left it to 3 weeks on my first fill before with no problems, but don't want to take any risks with these.

So that's todays update, I am gonna hope they recover a little bit in the next few days, and I will take some pics for the photo comp. saying that I had a large bifta before going out there today and spent about 10 minutes wondering why the camera wasn't taking any pics. tried different settings and all that caper, before finally noticing the lens cap was still on - what a nugget eh?:wallbash::smokin::skin_up:

• Like 10

Nice :yep:

Black jack I have tried I think but don't remember much about it

Cream caramel put me to sleep

S.A.D was a decent smoke and a pretty good producer too

gallery_58549_7028_670311.jpg

Mrs McHazy wi an S.A.D cola :yep:

• Like 9

ooh laa laa, id be well happy if I get some colas like that. 

the SAD on early form is looking like its got the vigour, and if it ends up with big baseball bat colas like that  i'll be more than happy.

• Like 6

Wow! What a great growing facility you have. You make me so jealous...

Now you're gonna have to get it right to make it work. <_<

Good luck, they'll be watching you

source.gif

Sweet smokes,

-Apolo

• Like 8

Yeah they do go crazy in the water. in another couple of weeks

ii will   flip I think. usually wait til the plants are touching each other (but not like that....ya pervs....)

I forgot to upload he room pics, so here you go its just a couple

first are the 2 BJs, (fnurk) then the 2nd pic has 2 Cream caramels and 1 SADs1.  

You can see how the SAD is in the lead , so far.....But they are all looking pretty uniform, which is great, I hope they will all grow around about the same pace, just to make life easier - I like an easy life:yinyang:large_gr2.JPGlarge_gr1.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 10

Couple of days on from the last pics, so 15 days of veg and...…….. boom...……….. they are starting to go for it. 

these will double in size over the next 10 or so days, trust me. 

I topped them all last night, they are at 5 nodes, so I know its time for it. Any earlier than 5 nodes can stress them imho, so now I will leave them to recover and top the tops in a week-10 days. they will then grow outwards as well as upwards and I should have some nice rounded bushes before flip. 

Heres a pic of a freshy topped cream caramel,  I was gonna use in the competition, but decided my other pic was marginally better, I just didn't want to put this effort into the sign and no one see it ha ha .large_100.JPG

You can tell ive got a lot of free time on my hands eh?

Till next time......

• Like 11

just to show you how much coco hates me, heres the spare SAD and blackjack, looking like the grim reaper is almost upon them, cah!!!

Im gonna transplant them into some soil, and hope that Exhale can perform some sort of remote viewing miracle on them ha ha.

they were popped same time as the hydro girls (hangs head in shame, stares at feet and shuffles off mumbling  incoherently bloody coco!!) 

Try not to laugh (too much) the other seedlings are about 3  days above ground, and catching up ha ha ha. Now you see why I don't grow in coco eh? large_101.JPG

mon the mudslingers!!

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 7

Nom nom - Rocking the RDWC as expected from you... Fuck all be affected by that 'feedy' start now eh? lol Great job mate looking forward to seeing these blow up.

• Like 4

Hi ya mate. Hydro plants are looking spot on, nice and healthy. Starting to show that fast veg you get in DWC. 

What's going on with those seedling mate lol What you feeding them? They look really rough. Looks like they need a really nice flush of clean water, the slow growth etc looks like the colds getting into the coco mate, you can get away with 18C roots in DWC but in coco some strains will kick you right in the arse if you get those roots below 20C avg. 

I've had worse though mate, sure you could pull them back to full health with a bit of TLC. 

Looking forward to your grow though mate, not many other RDWC heads on UK420. :yep:

• Like 4