Dinafem X Intense Nutrients SCROG under CMH > Blueberry & Ocean Grown Cookies by Amnesia.

Amnesia

@Amnesia Looks like you've been keeping busy during this "lockdown" :yep:

I can't think of anything better to do ;)

Nice bit of bubblehash produced  :yep:

Enjoy  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

@Dinafem-Mark Cheers, just getting prepared for the upcoming long nights, wake me up when its over :stoned: 

All the best.

Monday 30th March, Day 9 of Drying. Into the brown bags! :yahoo:

All the buds have now been destalked, manicured and put into brown bags. Proper dry they were and even scissors were not needed to remove the buds from the stalks as they just snapped clean off. I expected them to take longer but temps in the room have been about 19c for the whole 9 days and the humidity was quite low to start with, it was only 45% in the room when i destalked them today! I could of actually put them straight into the jars today so i'll just give the a day in the bags and tomorrow i will give all the buds a final manicure before i weigh them for the total dry yield and jar them all up, and finally then my long awaited very first :smoke:of them.

They smell so so :wub: and very fruity, i cannot wait for tomorrow and no better time to stay in. :stoned:  Fingers were sticking together like glue, several pairs of disposable gloves were used and yes most of the resin was scraped/rubbed off and rolled into a little ball for bedtime later. Both were overloaded with trichomes making the buds sparkle like encrusted with diamonds in the light.

Blueberry cookie looks as though it will be the bigger yielder, i thought Ocean Grown Cookie buds were tight but BC's are heavy and looks more of them, all will be revealed tomorrow along with the first taste of both.

I took a few pics along the way, before we look at the buds though. Remember the bubblehash  i made yesterday with the bud trim from this grow? Well its already turned a lovely shade of brown in just 24 hours. On with the pictures then. >

A look at that Bubblehash, see the difference in just 24 hours?

Yesterday. >

Dinafem cookies hash 1st and 2nd run. 2.5g and 1.5g

And today. >

Cookies Bubblehash

Onto the buds then, so all the buds from both plants were removed from the stalks and trimmed up. Here you see the buds in 2 bowls after this process, Blueberry cookie on the left and Ocean Grown on the right. All the sticks from both piled up in the middle together before i disposed of them. >

Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies buds destalked

Another look at them with a 1 litre Intense Bloom bottle in the middle this time for scale purposes. >

Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies buds destalked pic2

Lets look at those buds then, first Blueberry cookies harvest. >

Blueberry cookies harvest

A bit closer. >

Blueberry cookie buds dried

Ocean Grown Cookie harvest. >

Ocean Grown cookies harvest.

closer. >

Ocean Grown Cookie buds dried

And then they were put into brown bags, they will only stay in these for a day as they are proper dry. 4 bags on the left are BC's buds and the 4 bags on the right are OGC's. On top of the scrog net the gentle airflow will go through them. >

Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies buds brown bagged

Back tomorrow then with the yields and first smoke reports, feel like a kid again at xmas.

All the best everyone. :smokin: 

• Like 6

Tuesday 31st March, Into the Jars! :yahoo:

:wub:Initial Smoke report.

In a word, delicious! I only been smoking them a few hours but I've been constantly switching between the two and cannot tell the differences now! lol They are both very similar, fruity and skunky and really smell top drawer. Both have great bud structure with large calaxys and absolutely covered in trichs, a bud just crumbles in perfectly and they also look top notch. Not tired in any way and I feel uplifted, planning on putting on some good tunes after this. I really need to settle down with just one and get to know her, so this evening and tomorrow I plan to just smoke the Blueberry cookie and the day after switch to the Ocean Grown Cookies, this should give me an early insight into both and I will put up a proper smoke report in a week, a couple weeks after that and a curing i'll report back again. So far its definitely my cup of tea, fruity tasty, moreish and a happy smoke. :smokin: 

All the buds are were perfectly dry, if not a little overdry if i'm honest. So a final manicure was done, and both lots of bud weighed. A decent yield for sure, not the biggest yielders I've had in my room but by far not the lowest, i'd say about in the middle. Its over a gpw anyhow so some would say very good yielders, my light is only 315w and the overall dry yield from both is 352 grams. The dry, destalked yields from both are as follows. >

Blueberry Cookies = 216 grams or 7oz 20g

Ocean Grown Cookies = 136 grams or 4oz 24g

Total Yield = 352 grams or 12oz 16g.

The pictures then, first up a look at the Blueberry buds and in the the jars. A 1 litre Intense nutrients Bloom bottle is there for scale. I think the Kilner jars are 2.5 litres but the one on the right 3 litres if I'm correct.>

Blueberry cookie dried

Blueberry cookie harvest

Next the Ocean Grown cookie buds and jarred up, again jars are 2.5 litres. >

Ocean Grown cookie dried

Ocean Grown Harvest.

Finally the whole crop jarred up together. Thanks to everyone for taking the time out to read my diary, it was a most  pleasurable grow and I enjoyed watching them grow into beauties, even better will be devouring them. Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for introducing me to these girls and to @Intense Nutrients Matt for keeping them very happy in food. :notworthy: 

Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies harvest

Back in about a week with more specific smoke reports for both, Keep well and happy growing.

All the best. :smokin: 

• Like 10

Very nice mate. Those buds look and sound tasty. Wish I'd had the time to try them out but only had time for autos.

Top work mate.

GV.

• Like 3

On 31/03/2020 at 6:56 PM, Amnesia said:

Tuesday 31st March, Into the Jars! :yahoo:

:wub:Initial Smoke report.

In a word, delicious! I only been smoking them a few hours but I've been constantly switching between the two and cannot tell the differences now! lol They are both very similar, fruity and skunky and really smell top drawer. Both have great bud structure with large calaxys and absolutely covered in trichs, a bud just crumbles in perfectly and they also look top notch. Not tired in any way and I feel uplifted, planning on putting on some good tunes after this. I really need to settle down with just one and get to know her, so this evening and tomorrow I plan to just smoke the Blueberry cookie and the day after switch to the Ocean Grown Cookies, this should give me an early insight into both and I will put up a proper smoke report in a week, a couple weeks after that and a curing i'll report back again. So far its definitely my cup of tea, fruity tasty, moreish and a happy smoke. :smokin: 

All the buds are were perfectly dry, if not a little overdry if i'm honest. So a final manicure was done, and both lots of bud weighed. A decent yield for sure, not the biggest yielders I've had in my room but by far not the lowest, i'd say about in the middle. Its over a gpw anyhow so some would say very good yielders, my light is only 315w and the overall dry yield from both is 352 grams. The dry, destalked yields from both are as follows. >

Blueberry Cookies = 216 grams or 7oz 20g

Ocean Grown Cookies = 136 grams or 4oz 24g

Total Yield = 352 grams or 12oz 16g.

The pictures then, first up a look at the Blueberry buds and in the the jars. A 1 litre Intense nutrients Bloom bottle is there for scale. I think the Kilner jars are 2.5 litres but the one on the right 3 litres if I'm correct.>

Blueberry cookie dried

Blueberry cookie harvest

Next the Ocean Grown cookie buds and jarred up, again jars are 2.5 litres. >

Ocean Grown cookie dried

Ocean Grown Harvest.

Finally the whole crop jarred up together. Thanks to everyone for taking the time out to read my diary, it was a most  pleasurable grow and I enjoyed watching them grow into beauties, even better will be devouring them. Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for introducing me to these girls and to @Intense Nutrients Matt for keeping them very happy in food. :notworthy: 

Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies harvest

Back in about a week with more specific smoke reports for both, Keep well and happy growing.

All the best. :smokin: 

Finishing your diary with a kick ass smoke report with a more derailed one to come :yep:

Really nice way to conclude this diary  ;)

Enjoy the fruits of your labour mate :bong:

Until we meet again  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wednesday 29th April, Smoke report after 29 days in the jars. :wub:

@GreenVision Thanks for looking in, these cookies are well worth a try if you get the chance as they are easy to grow and grow they certainly do! :thisbig: Best of all the smoke is top drawer. All the best.

@Dinafem-Mark Its been a pleasure and so glad I chose these cookies as they are both my cup of tea. Thanks again for introducing me to the Dinafem girls, definitely will also be trying out some of the cheeses as I love a nice smelly cheese. :yep: 

@highway_017 Its all about the quality of the end product what matters most, hope all turned out well for you too. :stoned: 

So here we are then after all the buds have been in the kilner jars for 29 days now in a cool and dark place, one or two jars have been opened only briefly to refill my percy stash and so all the jars have mainly remained sealed throughout this time, No burping ever done or boveda packs ever used and everything is spot on.  

The flavours and the aromas of both the Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies has really come through now and quite intense, buds just crumble in and are the perfect texture, both cookies are crystal covered and hard to the touch.

Blueberry cookies. >

Dinafem blueberry cookies buds

My favourite tasting smoke and right up my street. Fruity and sweet, tasting, definitely not sour fruits and smokes just like the smell of the unburnt bud, definitely stinky fingers afterwards! So nice and smooth especially after this cure but to be fair this smoke was smooth and cool enough once dried. Taste alone its very moreish.

Happy and uplifting smoke BUT after a few smokes I find myself in a happy hazy high and soon drift off to sleep with a smile on my face i'm sure especially when listening to music. Comfortably numb so to speak sunk into a big marshmallow. Not a lightweight smoke for sure but remember I did take these to 10 weeks of 12/12 although they could of been harvested around week 9 which probably explains why the smokes are so strong!

Would I grow BC again? for sure I will but maybe next time chop them a week earlier! lol 

Ocean Grown Cookies. >

Dinafem Ocean Grown cookies buds

Again a very nice smoke, in my opinion the taste is very similar to the BC, sweet and quite fruity BUT with a slight fuelly taste in aftertaste of the smoke. I know some smokers love this fuelly taste which I think is from the kush lines but I could be wrong? Luckily for me its not too strong tasting or anything and overall its exoticially fruity, just not the biggest fan of kush lines although to be fair the diesel is very slight and only really noticeable on the exhale.

The biggest factor about this smoke is the hit! :stoned: Got to say this has got to be one of the strongest smokes I've ever grew, tasty and happy chilled out for the first couple of smokes and then it hits me like a sledgehammer.. Many times after smoking this I've found myself waking up on the sofa or wherever with half a joint in the ashtray, lit it back up a few times only to drift straight off again into a deep cloudy slumber. Not a daytime smoke but again these could of been took a week sooner.

Would I grow the OGC again, yes for sure if I ever have sleepless nights, I can see this crop lasting a while as I seriously cannot smoke too much of this before going to lay down. On a side note I've pulled a muscle in my leg and after a session on this I soon forgot about it.

Love the purpling on these buds, never had this colouring so intense in a grow before.

And that brings this grow diary to a close then. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and left positive vibes along the way.

@Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt A big thankyou to you both for making this happen. :notworthy: 

Happy Growing. :smokin: 

• Like 8

@Amnesia Thanks for ending your diary with a kick ass smoke report  :yep:

By the sound of things the cookie girls are rught up your street  ;)

Enjoy your harvest and thanks again for the terrific diary, really enjoyed it  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Dinafem-Mark Thanks again to you, @Intense Nutrients Matt and the teams for choosing me as one of the podium finishers. It was an absolute pleasure and best of all the smokes are fantastic, even more tasty and stronger after a few weeks cure! :stoned: All the best.

@Clumsy cheers, glad it was a good read. This was my very first Dinafem grow too, was mighty impressed by the vigour of these plants, yield and smoke.

Happy Growing. :yep:

Well i now have enough Nutrients and seeds for a lifetime i think!  Dinafem and Intense Nutrients have been extremely generous with the prizes and i did not expect so much stuff :eek:

There is a lot of £'s worth of goodies here and took some pics of the lot to show you these are real prizes and well worth entering grow competitions as you can win when you don't expect it. I plan to go through my seed stash and send some in to Joolz for subscribers or comps and so on.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time out to read my diary, @Dinafem-Mark , @Intense Nutrients Matt and the crews you are true legends. :notworthy:

Dinafem x Intense nutrients prizes pic1

Dinafem x Intense nutrients prizes pic2

Dinafem x Intense nutrients prizes pic3

Now just to decide what to grow next! :D

• Like 9

:eek::thisbig:And out of the blue yet another prize parcel arrives! I've enough here to last a lifetime, @Intense Nutrients :notworthy:

I'd of been very happy indeed with half the amount of goodies, never seen so much generosity from any sponsor here. :yep:

Intense nutrients prizes

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...