Dinafem X Intense Nutrients SCROG under CMH > Blueberry & Ocean Grown Cookies by Amnesia.

Amnesia

Well a bit of a latecomer to the Dinafem X Intense Nutrients grow off show but finally here we go. :yahoo:

First of all a big thankyou to @Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt for making this happen and supplying the seeds and Intense nutrients Organix range. :notworthy:

I've been looking forward to this as i've never grown any Dinafem before but these Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies sound delicious, also new to the Intense Nutrients Organix range although for my current grow in flower i have been using Organix Grow and Bloom with excellent results so far and the plants seem to love it. This grow i will be using the Organix Granules, Grow, Bloom, Foundation and Runzyme kindly sent to me for this competition by @Intense Nutrients Matt. :yep:

As a quick rundown this grow will hopefully be just 1 each of the Blueberry and Ocean Grown Cookies in compost, ighting for veg will be T5's, 250w and 400MH, mixed spectrum 400w HPS and a 315w CMH 930 Agro Lamp for flowering in a Scrog.

This grow will be started in my DR90 tent for i expect most of vegging and then the girls will be transferred into my main 90cm x 90cm x 210cm Growdrobe for rest of veg then flowering.

Only one seed has just broken ground so far so tomorrow will be Day 1 for her, i'm sure the other will appear anytime just now. :yinyang:

Before i start the diary here is a rundown of my setup, equipment and methods used. New eqipment has also been purchased for the DR90 tent as you will read below, so all new environment and things for this grow but all should be good.

SECRET JARDIN DR90 TENT & INTAKE/EXTRACTION.

So this grow will be started in my Secret Jardin DR90 tent, i've owned this for around 10 years but this will only be my second grow with it so its virtually new and kept in its original bag, as some of you know i usually grow in my 90cm x 90cm growdrobe but that is currently occupied with a grow in flowering for a few weeks yet. So same size tent as my normal growspace but a little less headroom. Now i used to use Variacs to control the intake/extraction but i have just purchased a SMSCom Hybrid controller to control the environment in there. The Hybrid is a superb device and does its job perfectly controlling the temps in there. When i used to use Variacs i sometimes had to slow the fans further at light off in cold times but this Hybrid controls everything light on or off to keep a stable temp at all times. The Intake and Extraction fans controlled by the Hybrid are both 5" Rucks although the intake is not as powerful. The Hybrid did cost me just under £250 but its worth every penny in my opinion :yep: it also has a feature where every hour at only light off it will crank up the speeds of the fans one notch just to remove that extra moisture in the air that builds up at lights off, i can see this being very useful in flowering when a high RH is not good, this feature does not have to be used and the unit comes complete with a shade to cover the sensor if not required. Fans are completely silent with no humming whatsover like the Variacs.

The Hybrid has solved the variable temps in the tent and this means i can leave it and forget, good thing too in summer with higher temps it will raise the fans speed on its own to keep temps stable. The growdrobe is actually a walk-in wardrobe with 3 brick walls and the door so i suppose this explains why the growdrobe runs cooler than the tent although its in the same room.

The Carbon filter is a 5" Rhino Pro and everything is connected up with Phonic Acoustic ducting.

A pick here of my DR90 and Air Cooled Hood connected. >

large.5dbcd93f76be3_DR90tentsetup.jpg.a3

And my new SMSCom Hybrid controller which fully controls the environment silently. >

large.hybrid.jpg.3a972577a1c059bd51b989c

LIGHTING FOR TENT- SEEDLING/VEGGING. 

The lighting for the tent in eary veg will be a Maxibright T5 4 tube fluorescent, 96w of power (24w each tube) and measures 59cm(W), 37cm(D) and 6cm(D), on/off switch and is wired to a Maxiswitch 2-way contactor (10Amps) and Grasslin timer, i have 2 of these units and i really recommend them for vegging as the keep the plants short, give off little heat and the light spread is great, i've vegged for 3 weeks using these units in the past and the result was very stocky healthy looking plants, they seem to love the light spectrum.

Later on in veg i will swap the T5's for a 250w MH then a 400w MH, after that maybe a 400w mixed spectrum HPS all in a 5" Air-cooled hood.

Pic of one of my T5's setup in my main room. >

gallery_46705_4338_441605.jpg

So the tent is ready to go, temps at light on even under the 400w MH is no more than 26c, light off around 21c. Once vegging is nearly done the girls wil be transferred to my main growdrobe, set as below. >

GROWDROBE & INTAKE/EXTRACTION.

The room is a converted walk-in wardrobe, The drobe measures 3ft x 3ft 7ft and covered top to bottom in the Orca Grow film, everything is covered including the shelves and door. Easy to put up as its much stronger than mylar and almost impossible to tear, no glue or paste was used in the room as i stapled it on with a heavy duty staple gun. It's very bright in the room and the Orca is very easy to clean as spillages just wipe off being as its waterproof.
Temperatures are always stable at around 27c lights on, about 22c off. Intake is a 5" twin speed Ruck fan fully controlled by a 3A 0-240v Variac and the extraction is a 5"Ruck fan with STR Voltage stepping fan controller with a 5" Carboair carbon filter connected to 90 degree bend and Acoustic ducting. Air circulation is x2 6" clip on fans. Thermometer/Hygrometer. There is a steel Scrog net i made to fit the growdrobe which will also be used this grow once the plants are in there.

My growdrobe with Scrog net fitted >

large.5d29f50a2aab4_scrognetpic2.jpg.6c7

gallery_46705_4338_85540.jpg

3a 0-240v Variac and STR Voltage stepping controller. >

gallery_46705_4338_303950.jpg

medium.variac.jpg.caec70a5fb3227eb1a30c7

LIGHTING FOR GROWDROBE- FLOWERING.

Light for Flowering will be the Maxiibright 315w CMH system with the 930 Master Greenpower Agro lamp, i did used to own the 942 lamp too for veg but ths blew a few weeks ago and decided not to replace it and just veg under MH. The shade is a Maxibright Focus cmh dedicated reflecftor.(old pic, ignore the 942 lamp and shade adaptor as they are not used now) >

large.59ad485a23024_maxibright315wcmhkit

large.5d602c5a4a5ec_Maxibrightfocusrefle

SOIL/NUTRIENTS

This grow the soil will be the Clover Multipurpose compost, only my third time using this but my previous grows had no issues so i'm going to carry on using this for now. I've used PM compost for years with great success and also used Jacks Magic successfully but found it a bit rich for some plants.

Nutrients will be Intense Nutrients Organix Grow, Bloom, OG Granules, Foundation and Runzyme kindly supplied by @Intense Nutrients Matt :notworthy:

large.5da6190d6693b_OrganixIntenseNutrie

SEEDS.

The seeds used for this grow will be a single Dinafem Blueberry Cookie and a single Dinafem Ocean Grown Cookie. 5 of each of these seeds were generously sent for this comp by @Dinafem-Mark :yep:

I'll only be germinating the two seeds (one of each) as i do like growing two plants in a Scrog which perfectly fills my space with 2 big pots. The other 8 seeds will be started at a later date, probably next grow if they turn out tasty.

large.5da4a7683f490_ocgandbcseeds.jpg.45

BLUEBERRY COOKIES >

Blueberry Cookies by Dinafem Seeds is a feminisedcannabis seed descended from a Girl Scout Cookies and our elite mother Blueberry. Fully aware of the immense popularity of the Cookies family across the USA, our team of breeders put their hearts into creating a hybrid that would bring the amazing traits of this world-renowned strain to their limit. Born in San Francisco Bay, Girl Scout Cookies was named after her delicious uncanny scent reminiscent of freshly-baked cookies. Is there any better match for this sweet cocktail than a Blueberry with mouth-watering aromas of fresh blueberries?

After a long cross-breeding process aimed at only selecting the traits that would outdo the original ones, our team of breeders has created Blueberry Cookies, a hard-hitting hybrid called to surprise the palates of hard-to-impress veterans.

Morphology 

Blueberry Cookies grows into mid-sized plants that can reach 3 meters in optimal conditions when cultivated outdoors. Her branches are solid and her internodes are rather large, meaning light can easily penetrate the canopy and reach the lower branches giving way to evenly distributed, elongated, amazingly thick, and resin-packed flowers.

All Cookies hybrids are famous for the purple nuances covering them, but this one in particular, thanks to her Blueberry side, is a spectacular display of reddish, violet, and purplish hues. Besides, with a moderate calyx-to-leaf ratio, trimming her will not be a pain in the ass.

We recommend safekeeping her sugar leaves for the delicious resin on them can be used to make incredible concentrates. Expect extremely thick and heavy spiky-looking buds with large calyxes, a rarity that ordinary Kush genetics don’t generally have. She’s indeed so beautiful that even us, the Dinafem team, can’t stop staring at her.

Yield 

Blueberry Cookies is noted for the density and weight of her buds. The best things are said to come in small packages, a saying we totally agree with. Despite their reduced size, her flowers are remarkably compact and come with a thick coating of frosty resin glands and off-the-charts aromas.

Aromas and flavours 

The popularity of the Cookies family stems primarily from their enticing aroma and no wonder. While U.S. Kush strains just offered earthy and fuelly tastes with some coffee undernotes, the Cookies smell like pie. They’re so delicious that they make you want to take a big bite out of their dried buds.

That’s why our team of breeders thought the fruity perfume of Blueberry will make the best companion. This is how Blueberry Cookies was born: a tasty fruit pie with intense nuances of wild berries dancing together in a cake-like, Indica background. While growing, buds give off a strong yet fresh fruity scent. However, after the curing and drying, it turns much sweeter, more or less like smelling pastries.

Effects 

Coming from a U.S. family of genetics, it couldn‘t be otherwise. Blueberry Cookies delivers a crushing head and body high. Thanks to her Indica dominance and her 18% THC levels (with 0.1% CBD), this strain produces a highly narcotic and muscle-relaxing effect.

Cultivation 

Blueberry Cookies is very easy to grow and thrives outdoors. She is incredibly vigorous, meaning she loves stretching during the growth stage.

Outdoor growers will obtain bigger yields for this plant shows her full potential when grown in the open air. So, without nosy neighbours nearby, she should be put no limits. Direct sunlight will help Blueberry Cookies fully develop. There’s a big difference between a vigorous growth and a weak flower development produced by the lack of sunlight.

This beautiful purplish plant, in particular, copes well with outdoor conditions. If provided with a bit of attention, a standard feeding regime, and a warm environment (also suitable for northern climates), she’s sure to produce top-quality crops by early October.

Flowering wraps up in 55-60 days indoors, where we recommend using organic growing methods so as not to modify her tastes and aromas, which, along with her mind-blowing effect, are the main reason why we should all grow her this year.

Characteristics of 
Blueberry Cookies cannabis seeds

Sex Feminised
Genotype 60% Indica / 40% Sativa
Cross Blueberry x Girl Scout Cookies
Suitable for Indoors and outdoors
Indoor flowering 55-60 days
Indoor yield 400-500 g/m2
Indoor height Medium
Outdoor harvest time October
Outdoor yield 700-900 g/plant
THC 18%
CBD 0.1%
THC/CBD ratio 180:1

OCEAN GROWN COOKIES. >

Ocean Grown Cookies is a feminised cannabis seed that brings together two U.S. legends. The popularity of the Cookies family stems primarily from their original taste as well as from the quality and exclusive traits that have earned them a well-deserved place among the most important U.S. cannabis heavyweights along with OG Kush and Sour Diesel. And the truth is that those who try her extraordinary tastes and aromas get instantly addicted to them

For that very reason, no sooner did we get our hands on an elite clone of Girl Scout Cookies than we knew something really special had to be done. And is there anything more special than crossing the most famous Girl Scout of the west coast and another Californian all-time classic as is the incredible OG Kush? From this powerful marriage comes Ocean Grown Cookies. As always, it became our obsession to bring the best Cali taste to the highest pitch of perfection. And that's exactly what Ocean Grown Cookies is: a cannabis jewel born close to the Pacific boasting the strong scent that has pushed American strains to their legendary status.

Morphology 

Ocean Grown Cookies grows into mid-sized plants that can reach 3 meters in optimal conditions when cultivated outdoors. Her branches are thin yet solid, although using stakes during the vegging period is highly advisable for they'll let more light into the canopy and the plant will, therefore, produce more pointy and bulky buds overflowing with highly resinous trichomes. They’ll also prove useful for preventing the branches from snapping due to the weight of the flowers.

This plant is the perfect blend of Girl Scout Cookies and OG Kush. With rather long internodes, she acquires a beautiful purplish colouring that makes her a sight to behold. Besides, those who find trimming a nuisance will love hearing that she presents an adequate calyx-to-leaf ratio.

Morphology 

Ocean Grown Cookies grows into mid-sized plants that can reach 3 meters in optimal conditions when cultivated outdoors. Her branches are thin yet solid, although using stakes during the vegging period is highly advisable for they'll let more light into the canopy and the plant will, therefore, produce more pointy and bulky buds overflowing with highly resinous trichomes. They’ll also prove useful for preventing the branches from snapping due to the weight of the flowers.

This plant is the perfect blend of Girl Scout Cookies and OG Kush. With rather long internodes, she acquires a beautiful purplish colouring that makes her a sight to behold. Besides, those who find trimming a nuisance will love hearing that she presents an adequate calyx-to-leaf ratio.

Aromas and flavours 

It is thanks to this that Cookies hybrids have carved out a place among the most reputed strains of all time: their tastes and scents are simply amazing. We wondered whether we’d manage to give the already incredible aromas of Girl Scout Cookies a twist by crossing her with OG Kush, another world reference for quality U.S. flavours and predecessor of GSC. We soon realised, though, that this was indeed a winning bet.

That’s how Ocean Grown Cookies was born; a mind-blowing strain noted for her potency and distinctive aroma, hallmark of the west coast: a blend of earthy and Kushy scents with sweet and fruity undernotes.

This strain provides U.S. cannabis enthusiasts with a breath of fresh air because she still keeps the traditional Kush background intact thanks to the OG Kush genes in her. Something in between the typical diesel scents of the U.S. family and the innovative sweet and fruity tastes, similar to those of pastries, that are killing it right now across the States. This perfectly balanced blend makes Ocean Grown Cookies a great choice for seasoned palates looking for new and surprising flavours who don’t want to give up on the intense aftertaste of Californian Kush hybrids.

Effects 

The high delivered by Ocean Grown Cookies can only be described with one word: devastating. Her crushing THC levels of around 20% and her almost non-existent CBD content (approx. 0.1%) make her particularly powerful. Her psychoactive effect is incredibly potent, narcotic, and long-lasting. Expect a gentle blow of euphoria that goes straight to the head and turns into a nice feel of physical relaxation over time. Powerful, hard-hitting, and sedative, in true Californian style.

Cultivation 

Despite coping well with northern chilly climates, she does prefer warm Mediterranean-like environments or greenhouses. However, given her medium size and bushy form, she’s the perfect candidate for growing indoors. By meeting her basic needs, we'll easily obtain great results with her. For the delicious taste of Ocean Grown Cookies to remain untouched, organic growing practices are highly recommended.

Besides, given her Indica dominance, this jewel is not a heavy feeder, so a standard diet should suffice. This way, we’ll maximize her incredible scents. We promise: it’ll be worth it!

Characteristics of 
Ocean Grown Cookies cannabis seeds

Sex Feminised
Genotype 70% Indica / 30% Sativa
Cross OG Kush x Girl Scout Cookies
Suitable for Indoors and outdoors
Indoor flowering 55-65 days
Indoor yield 450-550 g/m2
Indoor height Medium
Outdoor harvest time October
Outdoor yield 750-950 g/plant
THC 20%
CBD 0.1%
THC/CBD ratio 200:1

Hope @Dinafem-Mark did not mind me copying the descriptions of the seeds from the Dinafem Strain guide.

And thats about it i think for my set-up and equipment used. Grow diary coming right up after :skin_up:

• Like 12

@highway_017 welcome, also time for me to catch up on all those diaries already well up and running. All the best. :yep:

Thursday 28th November. Into the soil.

As previously mentioned this grow will be just a 2 plant grow in a Scrog so today i took 1 Blueberry and 1 Ocean Grown Cookie straight out of the fridge and put them both into root cubes, i've used these root riots in the past but found them to dry out far too quickly so i decided to bury the cubes in little 3" pots of Clover compost to combat this and the top of the cube level with the surface of the soil. A sprinkling of Intense Nutrients OG soil Granules was used in each pot, watered in with water with just a touch of Intense Foundation, around 1ml per litre. The cubes were first soaked in this solution for a few hours first.

The two seeds i chose. >

Dinafem Blueberry on the left and Ocean Grown cookie seed on the right.

large.5de29a2e2d06a_Dinafemblueberryando

Saturday 30th November, Blueberry Cookie germinated :yahoo:

And so to bring us up to date today the Blueberry Cookie broke ground, so we willll it Day 1 for her tomorrow. No sign of the Ocean Grown Cookie as yet but its only been a couple of days so plenty of time. I just hope it comes through sooner rather than later because i'd prefer them the same sizes in veg for repotting purposes and so on. :lucky:

Picture then of the Blueberry Cookie on the left under the T5. Temps are around 25c constant. >

large.5de29c0be3581_DinafemBlueberryOcea

Blueberry Cookie. >

large.5de29c1134dc9_DinafemBlueberryCook

Thats all for now then, will update as soon as i see movement with the Ocean Grown Cookie.

All the best everyone. :yinyang:

• Like 8

thankyou for a great start to your diary entry bro 

wish you the best of luck in the competition 

all the best 

matt :)

• Like 2

love that you put all the info on the strains in too thats really good mate id like to give the og cookies a go soon looking good mate ill be waiting for updates :yep:

• Like 1

@Intense Nutrients Matt and @UKsFinest Thanks for the positive vibes, very much looking forward to these cookies especially as both are now up and running as you will see below :yahoo:

All the best. 

Monday 2nd December, Day 1 veg.

Happy days, Ocean Grown Cookie today appeared above the surface. The membrane was still covering the leaves up so i very carefully helped her out and removed it with tweezers, she looks a little pale but i'm sure she will come good in a day or two. :lucky:

We will call it Day 1 veg today for the Blueberry Cookie as she's now proper upright.

Temps are about 25c 24/7 and lighting schedule is 24/0 under the T5's. Next watering i plan to give them both a little of the Intense Nutrients Foundation, will specify on next update in a few days time.

Pics of them both then, Blueberry Cookie on the left at Day1 today and Ocean Grown Cookie on the right which has just appeared. >

large.5de55ce34bc0d_DinafemBlueberryandO

The Ocean Grown Cookie which has just come through today. >

large.5de55ce4bcb60_DinafemBlueberryandO

Next update in a few days time, All the best eveyone and happy growing. :smokin:

Edited by Amnesia
spelling!
  • Like 6

@Amnesia Fantastic into post mate and thank you for getting your Dinafem X Intense nutrients grow off up and running :yep:

Off to a steady start, let's see what you can do ;)

Good luck buddy :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

Jesus christ. Not fucking around are we? ;)

Tough competition.. May the best man win.. Or best grower.. Or best Plant?

• Like 1

@Dinafem-Mark and @highway_017 Cheers for stopping by, hopefully they turn out as good as they sound. :yep:

All the best.

Friday 6th December, Day 5 of Veg.

The two girls are fine and all's good so far. The Ocean Grown Cookie is a little behind the Blueberry Cookie but i'm sure she will catch up in the coming days, its Day 5 for BC but OGC is a couple of days behind.

Today i repotted them both into 1 litre pots, the rootball on the BC was nothing to write home about and of course the OGC even less but i had to repot them today as i will be busy over the weekend so decided to repot both now, they will stay in these pots for at least a week or so until rooted out. Temperatures are about 25c ilght on under the T5 and 21c off, lighting schedule is now on 20/4, The RH is a bit low at only around 40% but they seem happy enough and this will improve as they get bigger.

They were repotted into the 1 litre pots using Clover compost, a sprinking of Intense Nutrients OG Granules were put in the bottom of each pot and they were both watered in with 1ml per litre of Intense Roots Foundation.

I must say to @Intense Nutrients Matt that i love these nutrient bottles, so easy and clean to use with the in-built measuring cup, much better than a standard bottle where you need to pour some out to measure and so on. :yep:

So on with the pictures then, the first three pics are before the repot, still in the little 3" pots

As usual, Blueberry Cookie on the left and Ocean Grown Cookie on the right. >

large.5deafeff9b957_BlueberryOceangrownc

large.5deaff0115baf_BlueberryOceangrownc

large.5deaff02ea28b_BlueberryOceangrownc

And they were then repotted into the 1 litre pots, a sprinkling of Intense OG Granules was put into the bottom of each pot. >

large.5deb00db8defa_BlueberryOceangrownc

large.5deb00dd9ec6a_BlueberryOceangrownc

large.5deb00dee350f_BlueberryOceangrownc

large.5deb00e074b3d_BlueberryOceangrownc

Updates will be at least weekly from now on, i'll put another update up in a couple of days time at Day 7 then Day 14 and on.

All the best and happy growing. :smokin:

• Like 4

Sunday 8th December, Day 7 of veg.

Just a quick update to bring us into Day 7 of vegging today, the 2 girls are doing great and the Ocean Grown Cookie which is a couple of days behind the Bluebery Cookie if you remember is catching up now. If you compare the pictures from a couple of days ago you can see the difference. Just 1ml per litre of Intense Roots foundation was used at watering times and we will keep it at that for the time being.

Temps are 25c at light on and 20c off, lighting schedule is 20/4 and RH sits around 40% which is a little low but they seem okay with it.

The updates will be weekly from now on, Day 14, 21 and so on unless any changes happen inbetween.

All the best, Happy Growing.

As usual, Blueberry Cookie on the left. Ocean Grown Cookie on the right. >

large.5ded0a80253aa_BlueberryOceangrownc

large.5ded0a8154ba4_BlueberryOceangrownc

• Like 6

I switched from 2 plant scrog to 1 because I always end up in this situation with 1 slightly ahead lol.

Looking great so far mate good luck.

• Like 1

Now that the girls have been potted up I'm confident within a week we will see OGC catch up mate :yep:

Things look to be of to a nice start buddy ;)

Until next week  :cheers:

Mark..

Hi there @Dinafem-Mark Yes the girls are progressing vey nicely, already the OG Cookies is not so far behind. This Roots foundation seems good stuff too, either that or genetics, roots are literally hanging out of the bottom of the Blueberry cookie pot and she's only been in the pot 4 days! I plan to repot them both at the same time in say 3 days time so the next update will be coming up then.

All the best and cheers for looking in. :yep:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Amnesia said:

already the OG Cookies is not so far behind.

Give her another 2 Maybe 3 day's and she will have caught up ;)

I'll drop back in on the next update mate  :cheers:

Mark..