GreenVision

What zkittles is used in the cross is a original cut from source or selected from zkittles seed/ cross?

Could the undisclosed strain be some sort of haze/strain that helped it perform outside as didn't it get created outside??

I don't know a lot about the zkittlez history  tbh ..but I'm sure I watch a vid of 3rd gen doing there grows outside including zkittlez 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

What zkittles is used in the cross is a original cut from source or selected from zkittles seed/ cross?

Could the undisclosed strain be some sort of haze/strain that helped it perform outside as didn't it get created outside??

I don't know a lot about the zkittlez history  tbh ..but I'm sure I watch a vid of 3rd gen doing there grows outside including zkittlez 

:yinyang:

Been wondering the same, i was hoping for a more grapey berry taste rather than a citrus pineapple or a mixture of many fruits than isnt distinguishable by mainly "Pineapple"
Not to discredit @panik but was it a true zkittlez cut you crossed with a skunk#1 to create Zkittzo? 
Bizare how most people talk about this pineapple smell I would never of though that is what zkittlez smells like 

To be honest even the original cut with give off different terps in different enviorment ...iv smoked a few zkittlez  now i cant guarantee are original  also tried lots of crosses only had one that smelt of the sweets skittles but taste deep bitter lem other have ranged from melon,berry,pineapple,grapefruit & that fruity gfruit sourdiesl weed type smell ..the skunk1 may be bringing out the pineapple terps  more or it's just how it expresses it self in UK indoor grow rooms ...clearly some people are geting zkittlez gens as that pic @panik shows and a few others iv seen :yinyang:

Edited by HEMPFRUIT
  • Like 1

@GreenVision sorry to hear this but strangley enough this is the exact same thing that happened to but with the lemon drizzle very light hint of lemon not what i expected,after 9.5 weeks decided to kill the lot very whispy buds slight lemon taste and a 20bag would fill a sock,was dissapointed with them i thought it was down to me and high temps but my purkle was banging,endend up freezin all of it for bubble in the future still think i got pics will have a look

but here are my zkittzos at 7 weeks flowering took pics yesterday when i heard your news gutted for you mate and know how you feel to pull a crop down

large.IMG_20190819_184626218.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184623290.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184615882.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184542854.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184447125.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184437324.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184430703.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184424499.jpglarge.IMG_20190819_184417113.jpg

eta lemon dizzle was freebies so i cant complain but wasted time etc

Edited by monster69

I dont want to drag it out guys, the grow is gone and I'm on to better things thank god, but there was one (AND ONLY ONE) plant that had a pure grape / wine gum aroma that did transfer into flavour, so no doubt somewhere in there is some Zkittlez, or at least I think so. 

But again my issue here was bud structure and the lack of homogeneous offspring in the strain.

I jarred up what was smokeable in different jars, with god as my witness no Earthly man could tell that any one jar was from the same plant be it looking at the buds or smell / flavour.

I have 8 different genotypes at least, a few plants were lemony so I have been kind and granted them "Similarity", but tbh they have different colours to them so even them they are just different.

The Zkittlez I know isn't a great yielder', the one off clone only strains rarely are, but Zkittlez has always had a dark green colour to it IME. These went the full range of dark to illuminois green.

So if I assume I fucked up, something in the environment went mental and I cant grow to save my life, this may explain the loose buds, but it 100% would not explain the difference in flavours.

I dont want to bad mouth, put anyone off etc etc. But IMO the strain is unstable. It needs some serious work. 

Phenotype traits can be different and "Activated" given certain environment conditions, but to get 4 CLEARLY different aromas and even more flavours from environment Phenos alone is IMO quite a tall order.

And get this.... I gave a few bits to the old man as I always do, and I knew the response I was going to get. The next day I spoke on the phone and the first thing he said was "Was one of them a cheese cross"?... Yes CHEESE!!! One of the plants has a very heavy cheesy aroma to it, I can only imagine its just a light throwback from the fathers genetics, but even if this is the case I have to go back to the strain being unstable.

I had some OGSeeds Malibu pie in there with this strain, it has come out solid resin covered OG / Gassy grade A. 

I apologise if I seem like I come across as being harsh in any way, but anyone can see by reading the diary that I had only the best intentions and highest hopes fro this strain, the crop was treated with upmost care and the environment was tip top.

GV.

• Like 2

What is the potency like please mate? very sat dom as with the appearance or is there some indica effects in there? Could it have been a seed mix up possibly? I would have expected at least one geno to look similar to Billy Liars photos on the previous pages. Gutted for ya mate honestly.

• Like 1

Have just finished growing some zkittzo.. not a great yIelder but nice smoke.. that creeps up on you and gives me severe munchies...would grow again.

• Like 2