GreenVision

9 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

I tried to mend it with a club hammer and some tins snips but for some reason this didn't work... 

oh fuck.. mate it's Sunday, can you wait until Monday when all the proper doctors are back in A&E?!!

I smell an injury coming, walk away mate, run.. run fast!

Are you doing this in slippers?

All the dads are in A&E with cuts wearing slippers on a DIY weekend! :yes: Slippers are the proper footwear for DIY once you reach a certain age.

• Like 3

Just now, GreenPirate said:

Slippers are the proper footwear for DIY once you reach a certain age.

F@k, I just read this after grinding out my scrog screen bare chested in a nice pair of slippers.... F@k!

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Mate its happening again... :fear:

Consistancey GV, that's what we like bud, keep it up...:yep:

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 3

Just now, stu914 said:

Consistancey GV, that's what we like bud, keep it up...:yep:

:rofl::rofl:

lol

• Like 1

Day 34. Had to remove the larger top leaves of some of the plants, the lower side branches are really starting to stretch up and are too thin for their length, this could be due to lack of light. I will start adding some silica and the larger 1000w de will be up and running by tomorrow evening so hopefully this will help them out somewhat by the time I go into flower. I have noticed the plants that are towards the LED panel are more stretched and the CDM is quite a stretch for them so maybe they haven't had enough blue light. Its not too bad an issue tbh, I've seen worse. 

Just after lights on this morning.

large.b.JPG.8573cd2287df35274c7313cc4ccd

large.a.JPG.933e84189d109dbac53d3cf879b2

I full on pistils and the new growth is getting bunchy so they are ready to flower.

Had a few setbacks with the tent so this has given them a little space to creep up on me. Should have them back under control before the switch over though. I am actually thinking about topping and going up to 11L pots now due to them getting a bit lengthy. I will have a peep at the roots tomorrow and see where they're at. As it stands it will be at least a week before they go into bloom so 11L pots may be the way to go now. My quick turn around is turning into a full blown tent filler. 

Be back soon!

GV.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all, the classic Sunday update. 

I've switched the Zkittzo over to bloom, they're more than ready and have been for at least a week, have full blown pistils at nodes and tops are starting to bunch up.

Got the LST done just after last update, it took two goes to get them where I wanted them but after they levelled out really well and have given me a really nice canopy, considering I did only LST and there has been no topping what so ever.

large.a.JPG.36fc9020ffda23273bdce42560fd

large.e.JPG.89f887edc5625c118bf2e6ce4256

large.f.JPG.4e65d5bdbfb89c9e196ff85453e1

The plants responded REALLY well, all side branching really stiffened up within the week and once that second bend brought the main top level with them they started to widen up.

As you can see from the above pic they do like a like a stretch. The training was pretty much forced on me tbh, those side branches would have held very little in the end result I think so the LST has paid off massively and now they have stiffened up I literally have a canopy of tops. Ended up potting up too, they've had about 10 days in these pots and I had roots out the bottom about 2 days back so perfect timing there. 

They're on full dose feed still and will do for at least a week to top up the nitrogen during the big stretch, I did have a little head scratch over using some RO water during flower, I have Cal/mag PK etc for the hydro system and it is universal over mediums, but I don't want if I want to play with fire as this is my next crop down and my main attention atm, plus its just clogging up the filters in the RO system for plants that will be fine the way they are. 

Either way they seem quite happy with the feed they are getting atm. The Shogun stuff is actually a really good even field, usually the EC of soil feed is quite high, but its a mellow 1.7 with my hard water, which sounds high but for hard water with a full dose of soil nutrients its actually quite gentle, yet they seem really well fed.

large.c.JPG.99ceac9f186e32d5172bc2478e5a

large.d.JPG.5f4605ce767b4037b6ea2b61a71e

large.g.JPG.6b2ba480bf6c97ea5f4a0eaffc71

large.h.JPG.b73de964075e3cfb2774d293b141

large.i.JPG.120665fe58c08e50fa2f6b45abee

large.j.JPG.d56fd7bb14a2f4dea28cabc6a62d

large.l.JPG.46984d83ea509c0cc101005e0b9c

The last pic (above) is of some of the side branches, they really did strengthen up, all the tops you see above are one plant with no topping, I'm quite impressed, should turn into half decent sized tops for side branches :)

So onto a problem, nothing to do with plants, was me and my environment...  I have 3 little digital hygrometers that hang from rubber twine at canopy level, and at one point I was getting a bit concerned. Every day it was sitting about 30% avg, never seen it that low before. It may have something do with that room facing South, being a boiler bedroom, the excessive fan, cold weather... God knows. But at one point I was actually bricking it as the plants really started to show signs they were stressed, really stressed. I had super drooping taco leaves for about 6 days straight. 

I've turned the fan down to its lowest setting and after watering I've been misting a little water over the crop and tent floor, seems to have picked it up.

This was about 20-30 mins after lights out this morning:

large.m.JPG.ba15aabfbe9e3ed9894a85521733

The temps dropped from 26 down to 22 so not too sad on temps given the weather has been SHIT, but that humidity is the highest I've seen for well over a week. 

I think I'm going to have to take some serious measures in the bloom stage. I cant mist forever. Maybe some better weather will help me out some, but the trouble is I will need to up the fan some over the next 2 or 3 weeks due to heat, so... :ermm:

But anyway onwards with bloom. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend, atb all.

Take it easy.

GV.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

Looking pukka from here ;)

Cheers mate, thanks for popping in. :yep:

• Like 1

Just now, tokenroll said:

Nice going in there the tent is well packed out with a lovely canopy. Happy flowering.

Toke...

Hi ya mate, yh they done quite well, besides the humidity issues been a very smooth grow.

Take it easy bud.

• Like 1

Day 3 of switching to 12/12 and god these girls do like a bit of drama...

I had that canopy almost dead flat 3 or 4 days ago lol @panik you weren't joking about the stretch mate, they do want to go. Where'd you breed these, Brazilian rain forest?

large.a.JPG.5aa2def65da9cb52b451b736594d

large.c.JPG.1c542f5a8a8436d0ca4a4cf292ac

I got to be honest though, I don't mind a bit of stretch, because although a few of the thicker branches are shooting up, they're thickening up with it. Which means nicer sized cola's and less chance of them needing support. 

large.b.JPG.ebe729640fb830cd096d4b8521f2

The stems are nice and thick, the stems are hollow so they will need a sharp eye later in bloom, but atm I'm liking what I see in terms of structure, health and vigour. Drinking a full 10L pot every day too.

Temps are good, solid 27 on avg, have managed to keep that humidity above 50% since having the issue.

I have a few Malibu Pie in with these, they are showing sex now so when I out the males I will reset the lights to a better position for the stretch and move them about a little.

Still totally blown away by how well the LST went. Its something I usually do with autos, but tbh I'll be experimenting with this method on photoperiod plants a little more in future. I do think it should have been done a little earlier but due to the pot up I wasn't expecting it was done later on. Still, even those lower small side branches now have all the light they need and will give me more buds than being stuck underneath a main branch.

Hopefully next update I'll have a few pistils to show off.

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 7

Just now, tokenroll said:

Now that's a packed tent, excellent grow as usual GV.

Toke...

Thanks mate, tbh a little too packed. Got really unlucky with my Highlander, 6 plants 6 males! I honestly don't think I've ever had that happen before, had some low numbers from regs but never all males. But, on the flip side I don't think there was enough space in the tent anyway, I was hoping for one or two two hack, but once the malibu are sorted should be a bit more room in there.

Plan was a SOG type quick turn around, but one they hit those 10l pots they just went banana's. Full on monsters now. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Breezus said:

GV likes a full house :smokin:

Looks great in there mate 

:yinyang:

Hi ya mate. Too many hacks going on, as I say the plan was little plants in 6l pots. The Zkittzo were having none of it lol 

But fear not, 4 confirmed fem Malibu's and 2 males so far, one is pretty damn good male too. It's on.  :yep:

• Like 2