First off I would like to thank Sweet Seeds for putting on the comp and UK420 for making it possible.

I've grown a few SS autos but never any of their photo period strains so when the comp appeared it was a no brainer really even though I don't have a ghoster of winning anything.

They will be grown out in my flea bay special 80 x 80 x 160 tent. I have a Lumii adjustable digi ballast which will be ran at 250w for veg and 400w during flower and a 4 inch RVK and 6 inch filter will take care of air exchange. Growers Ark soil nutes for soft water has been my choice of feed for my last few grows and so far I'm happy with the results.

I'm also gonna give airpots a try this run. I've read so many reports on them, both good and bad but the only way I will know is to try them for myself.

I'm also planning a few upgrades in the next month or thereabouts so things could change as we go along.

I will fire up some pics in a bit.

• Like 12

Ok....so a few days ago I placed 3 seeds of each strain into wee pots of lightmix to germ. I used to use the paper towel method but these days they go directly into pots of compost...much easier.

Fast forward a few days and we have 3 each of gorilla girl and indigo berry kush but only 1 sweet amnesia.

Gorilla girl

large.1546878973500752.jpg

Sweet amnesia

large.154687897274627.jpg

Indigo berry kush

large.1546878928430129.jpg

All in the tent

large.1546879932106260.jpg

I always suffer from really low humidity until the plants get a bit bigger so I will bodge something to help.

All the best folks

• Like 14

the indigo berry can be a leggy girl btw ..but the smoke is bloody delicious ,takes a couple of weeks of curing but boy .,juicy berry is in there alright ..best of luck chap

• Like 7

@Salty Nice to see yet another competition grow underway, it looks like you are off to a flying start with 3 lovely looking seedlings.

Keep up the good work and good luck in the competition dude.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

the indigo berry can be a leggy girl btw ..but the smoke is bloody delicious ,takes a couple of weeks of curing but boy .,juicy berry is in there alright ..best of luck chap

Thanks for look in in@vince noir rock n roll star.....juicy berry sounds just the ticket :yep:

1 hour ago, Smokebelch said:

@Salty Nice to see yet another competition grow underway, it looks like you are off to a flying start with 3 lovely looking seedlings.

Keep up the good work and good luck in the competition dude.

Thanks @Smokebelch mucker but am only here to make up the numbers :skin_up:

• Like 5

18 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Nice healthy start mate, good luck with the grow and comp :yep:

Thanks @jadenugs......but I'm not expecting any prizes. Its a nice opportunity to try out some different genetics though.

Life has been pretty rough for me the last year or two and I've not been very active about the boards as a consequence....so I thought getting involved in the comp might help.

Anyways thanks for poppin in mucker,appreciate the interest.

• Like 3

As we all know temps can be a bitch this time of year and as I'm always skint,everything's on a tight budget (read miserable git) including my grow. So rather than run my 500w oil rad during lights out I've so far left the light on 24/7. Temps have ranged between 20c in the early hours and 24c through the day. There is a leccy blanket under their bums though and this keeps them happy enough when the temp drops below optimum.

Humidity has been really low as usual this time of year.I combat this by having a micro fibre cloth hanging with the tail in a tub of water and a wee fan blowing over it. So far I've managed to keep humidity at 60% ish....acceptable enough.

The little ones seem to be loving life so far and have grown a wee bit the last few days.

Indigo berry kush

large.154705854680815.jpglarge.1547058546268825.jpglarge.1547058545694181.jpg

Sweet amnesia

large.1547058545167516.jpg

Gorilla girl

large.1547058544595758.jpglarge.1547058542802525.jpglarge.1547058541608957.jpg

And all under 250w of hps. For the purpose of this diary please ignore the two at the back.

large.1547058539794880.jpg

The plan is to give them a week or so then into the 3ltr airpots with House and Garden bat special in the bottom half and Biobizz light mix in the top half for a quick 3 weeks ish veg then into flower.

As some of you know my grows are simple affairs with pretty basic equipment but I usually end up with a quality smoke and hope this time will be no different. Looking forward to finally smoke some Sweet Seeds tackle.

Eta. First mishap already...dropped an IBK and broke the pot edge....close one

Edited by Salty
  • Like 13

I know the feeling @Salty as I'm also having problems with temps at the moment, and like you, I'm on a tight budget :yinyang:

Its looking all OK in here though and keep up the good work :yep:

• Like 5

On 10/01/2019 at 10:45 AM, Serpent said:

I know the feeling @Salty as I'm also having problems with temps at the moment, and like you, I'm on a tight budget :yinyang:

Its looking all OK in here though and keep up the good work :yep:

Thanks @Serpent.....aye they appear to be off to a good start anyways. Here's hoping it continues mucker. Appreciate ye lookin in.

On 10/01/2019 at 1:27 PM, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Welcome to the competition my friend, 

we hope you enjoy it!

All the best,

jaypp

Thanks @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp

Superb competition and I'm real grateful for the opportunity to try some Sweet Seeds vars. Thanks for looking in.

• Like 5

Ok.....so last night I decided to pop them all into the airpots. This is the first time I've tried them personally but a couple of mates use them and swear by them.

Anyways....that's them a week or so old now and looking good

large.1547372083219964.jpg

The three at the back are indigo berry kush...middle one is sweet amnesia and the two at the front are the gorilla girls. 

Lights are still on 24/7....temps between 22c and 25c and humidity is a wee bit lower than I would like to see it but they are growin fine so hey ho.

Not sure yet if I will top them or just tie them down tight....guess al have to wait and see.

• Like 13