Photoperiod update!

All girls have been potted up, except for a single Black Jack.  I was simply missing enough compost, but she might be put on exile for being that late.  Temps are now good 20-26C and humidity also good 40-55%

Here a picture during the final pot up into 7L done last night.  Now starting to use beneficial fungi for better roots and allmix compost.  I wonder if it will make a real difference.

large.9.jpg

The whole lot is now in a seperate tent 1.2m x 1.2m, equiped with a 400w MH growth lamp for now with 18h of light a day.  Most of the plants have been topped/fimmed.

large_13.jpg

Crystal Candy is really developing some nice side branching and fimming seems to have worked.

large_14.jpg

On the other hand.  I seem to have some minor problems.  As you can tell, this SAD 1 is suffering from something.  Not quite sure what the cause is.  I haven't been feeding the plants anything other than tap water and root juice.  Temps have been a bit low the past weeks, but nothing crazy.  They were in pots with light mix making it hardly hot for young plants.  No white tips and new growth always looks healthy.  I've had similar issues with other grows in the past, but during flowering and lead me to believe that plants had a cal/mag defiency.  But this early on?  They are only 20 days into veg.  Other plants are also effected, especially the autos.  Any help or clues would be greatly appreciated. :yes:

large_15.jpg

Hope to make more udates in the future, especially during flowering after xmas. :naughty:

• Like 17

Hey @AustrianTokker overall looking good, as for your SAD, yeah it does look a little like a magnesium deficiency, maybe now you've potted up, the symptoms will dwindle? Fingers crossed for you dude :yep:

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 4

i concur....defo looks like a magnesium issue, classic chlorosis of leaves...hope u sort that out bud, but with loads of plants ur bound to have 1 or 2 that wont play ball.....still looking good man....atb....:yinyang:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.12.2018 at 10:58 AM, Serpent said:

Hey @AustrianTokker overall looking good, as for your SAD, yeah it does look a little like a magnesium deficiency, maybe now you've potted up, the symptoms will dwindle? Fingers crossed for you dude :yep:

All good now.  Seems like the pot up did bring the health back in them. :)  Will post some pictures in the next couple of days.

On 13.12.2018 at 8:07 PM, grotbags said:

i concur....defo looks like a magnesium issue, classic chlorosis of leaves...hope u sort that out bud, but with loads of plants ur bound to have 1 or 2 that wont play ball.....still looking good man....atb....:yinyang:

Thanks @grotbags  All seem to be doing well.  Atleast with the photoperiods.  I will elaborate more with the next updates... ;)

• Like 6

Update on the Automatics!

5 Weeks since germination and all is going fairly well.  Buds are forming nicely now and seems like they won't be stretching much more from now. Their height is between 45 and 65cm.

Both Sweet Nurse CBD Auto are doing quite well - they are in the back corners of the cupboard. Cream Manderine Auto stuck inbetween the sweet nurses.  Due to some unclear reason, all of my Cream Manderine Autos turned more or less freakish.  Not quite sure if its genetics or my wrong doing?
All three Crystal Candy Auto are doing well - they can be seen in the front row.  I wonder how the different phenos will turn out. :)  One sof the CC autos seems more squat with less side branching, while the other siblings have much more open structure and slightly taller.

large_16.jpg

Here is the Cream Manderine Auto.  As you can see the leafs are slightly freakish with misformation and discolouration.  The others are even worst.  I will try to make more individual picture updates now that i have more time to do so.

large_17.jpg

Now a first with Autos i've grown so far,  Crystal Candy Auto grew some balls.  Good thing i noticed it, just before they opened - don't think or hope that any of the polen got out.   Removed all the balls i could find and didn't notice any problem on the buds, just on the lower part of the plant.  Will keep this one under observation.  I checked all the other plants and couldn't find any other hermie issues.  Must be some luck of mine. :rolleyes:                            

large_20.jpg

Sweet Nurse CBD Auto is looking pretty well and will certainly develop a nice cola in the coming weeks.

large_18.jpg

Crystal Candy Auto also looking quite well. :) Happy see nice bud sites developing and expect some decent growth from them.

large_19.jpg

Been really busy the last couple of weeks and am sorry for the lack of updates so far.  But i hope to change that from now on.  I have already put the photoperiod strains into flower a few days ago and will do an update very soon.  All the fun starts now during flowering anyways ;)

Hope you all had a wonderful Xmas. :v:

• Like 18

How does the night nurse smell?..

I see what you mean about the leaves on the cream mandarin. I have only ever grown it once it was the xl version and I didn't get anything like that, although I did have massive pheno variations. Your plant still looks healthy though!

Good job on catching them balls on the CC! Fingers crossed no pollen got out!

All looking great

• Like 3

Nice one on spotting the balls @AustrianTokker, hopefully that's the last you see on them. Looking good though and those freaky leaves don't seem to be troubling the Cream Manderin too much and they're starting to bud up nicely :yep:

• Like 3

On 28.12.2018 at 11:18 AM, Smokebelch said:

@AustrianTokkerThose auto flowering buds are starting to look really nice, good luck with the flowering dude.

They are also starting to smell very nice. ;)  Just a few weeks left until harvest.  I still can't believe how fast these autoflowering plants are...

On 28.12.2018 at 11:20 AM, K-B said:

How does the night nurse smell?..

I see what you mean about the leaves on the cream mandarin. I have only ever grown it once it was the xl version and I didn't get anything like that, although I did have massive pheno variations. Your plant still looks healthy though!

Good job on catching them balls on the CC! Fingers crossed no pollen got out!

All looking great

The sweet nurse have a really nice smell to them.  Some hints of peach in there.

As for the cream manderine auto, not sure what to think.  I've also grown the XL version before and also experienced pheno  variation, but all turned out nice, just a different heights.  One was about 45cm height while the other one was about twice the size .   I will post some pictures of my three cream manderine next week - It's quite a freak show. :g:

Hope all is well with your grow.  Haven't had much time to view to other diaries and got plenty to catch up in january.

On 28.12.2018 at 2:17 PM, Serpent said:

Nice one on spotting the balls @AustrianTokker, hopefully that's the last you see on them. Looking good though and those freaky leaves don't seem to be troubling the Cream Manderin too much and they're starting to bud up nicely :yep:

None of the balls are coming back atm.  Hopefully it stays that way. 

Some very nice buds are forming indeed.  I even notice change since i took the picture a few days ago. 

Good luck with your fast versions. :v:

• Like 6

Photoperiod update! :yahoo:

They are now 6 days into flowering and they seem very happy for now.  Temps have been good the past 2 weeks (20-26C) and RH as well (35-60%) :yep:  Watering the girls with plain tap water for now.

Cream 47s to begin with.  Both are looking splendid and decided to leave them untopped.  I now started pinching the top stem in order to slow them down a little in an effort to keep an even canopy.  I should have topped them in hind sight. :doh:

large_21.jpg

Gorilla Girls are also doing well.  Really looking forward to these.  Got some Gorilla in my jars, but it's running low and you can never have enough Gorilla Girl in the jars - it's that good. :rolleyes: They responded really well to being topped/fimmed.

large_22.jpg

Also looking forward to Psicodelicia.  I grew one during my last grow and becoming a fan of it.  Super frosty and very pleasant flavor and high. :yep:

large_23.jpg

Sweet Amnesia - SAD 1 - Black Jack  are all healthy and soon will be flowering.  SAD1 showing no signs of discolouration.

large_24.jpg

Crystal Candy -  Cream Caramel - Indigo Berry Kush.  Same as above, healthy, no balls and no signs of pests.  Just the way it should be. :rockon:

large_25.jpg

Here the whole lot in the tent.  I will probably switch to 600w dual spectrum in the next couple of days.  Got plenty of head space and expect some more stretch in the next couple of weeks.  :guitar:

large_26.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the update and you can expect some nice flowers to develop here soon. ;)  

• Like 11

Cheers mate ;)

They are looking good and you have the closet very well filled for now, hehehe, keep it up...

...and sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 5

On 29.12.2018 at 8:59 PM, highgrower said:

Wow the autos 5 weeks in look so good for just over a month since germ - you have your shit dialed in well!

Hi and thanks HG, hope you had a good new year! :v:  All going well here and hope it stays that way.  Will do an update on the autos later today and you will see the progress.

23 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Cheers mate ;)

They are looking good and you have the closet very well filled for now, hehehe, keep it up...

...and sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

Ola Tommy!  Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you had a good new year as well and portugal not getting too cold.  Plants are doing really well and can't wait to sample the autos in a few weeks. 

• Like 5

Update on Automatics! :)

They are now 6 weeks old and now really starting to fatten up. :yahoo:   I'm now starting to raise the bloom feed, as some of them are starting to show signs of being hungry, as you can tell from the yellowing. 

I'll start with the less prominent or slightly freakish Cream Manderine Autos.  The one on the left is the super freak!  :unsure:  The other two are doing better, but still have a bit of freakiness to them.  Not quite sure what i did to cause it - has anybody else encountered freaks with that strain?  

You can spot my cat munchin' on the lower leafs. :cat:

large_27.jpg

Sweet Nurse CBD auto are now really beefing up!  They also have a beautiful fragrance of sweets and peaches.  I know, the one on the right looks really hungry, but i'd rather have slightly hungry plants than the opposite.

large_28.jpg

Crystal Candy Auto are also a tad hungry and have also upped the feed with them.  The smell is currently not as intense as I'm used to from their cousins (photoperiod version), but i shouldn't judge before they are done.

large_29.jpg

The main cola of Crystal Candy auto looks really promising and expect something big in the next few weeks.

large_30.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the update and had a wonderful new year.  I will do another update on the photoperiod strains in the next couple of days.  :v:

• Like 10