On 24.4.2019 at 3:24 PM, H + H2O said:

Thanks for that @AustrianTokker :yinyang:

I`ve only grown out their auto Cream Mandarin xl personally & really enjoyed that, my friend grew out Moham Ram, Amnesia Kush and Jack 47, all of which were good quality smoke too. I preferred the J47 over the MH & the CMxl would be a tie with the Amnesia Kush as my favourites.

Been thinking of trying another couple of Sweet strains in the near future so appreciate your views very much man, I think i`ll grab the Crystal candy for sure & probably the GG too ;)

Excellent thread btw man.  :yep:

No problem.  Everybody has different taste and is therefore really subjectiv, but sweet seeds will probably have something you are looking for if you keep looking.  Hard to come accross a really bad strain though.  Sometimes, i would run a single plant from a strain and not be really satisfied with the results.  Happened the first time i grew Cream47 for example, but happily gave it another go and got rewarded with two nice girls, which are a lot better then first time i grew that strain.   You will get some pheno variation with most strains - you can get lucky sometimes with a few or resort to numbers for the hunt of a specific pheno.   I like the variation and one of the reasons i do multistrain grows.

On 25.4.2019 at 11:29 AM, Serpent said:

Another nice report and photos @AustrianTokker that's 2 down :yep:

:v: a few more to go.

On 25.4.2019 at 0:32 PM, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

What an incredible report and photos! :thumsup:

The trichomes look very delicious. yum yum! :B):

Thank you very much for sharing this experience.

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

Thanks for droping by, Apolo.  Most of the girls don't only look good on the pictures.  Very tasty stuff in the mix. :D

18 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Nice reports mate, to top off a fantastic grow :yep:

Thanks!  One of the most enjoyable part of the diary is the final report and getting to review the smoke. :smoke:

18 hours ago, Punts said:

@AustrianTokker

¡Fenomenal!

Fantastic grow...

Muchas gracias, Punts!  :v: 

• Like 5

Report 3 - Sweet Amnesia Haze

large_84.jpg

The pheno i got was very sativa leaning in the way she grew.  She was the tallest of all the plants and might have wanted a few more days under the sun, but 11 weeks of flowering was the most i could give her. 

Yield didn't seem to be affected as she did very good and produced 81,5g from a 7L pot, which was way above avg. :yep:   She also didn't seem to fussy about nutrients, although i might have starved her a little towards the end, as i stopped the feed a little too soon for her.

large_136.jpg

The buds are very resinous and give off a very pleasant smell - A mixture of melon, soap and apples. :)   When smoked she retains some of the sweetness, but i also notice more incense type of flavour.  The high is more of a indica type to me.  The first joint might not knock you down, but if you smoke a few, you will get stoned.  Very nice summer smoke.

large_137.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this short report, got 9 more to go....  :rolleyes:

• Like 10

Report 4 - Psicodelicia

This is going to be an easy report. :D   I've grown Psicodelicia 3 times back to back and there is good reason for that -  This strain never seems to disapoint.   She is easy to grow and rewards you with super frosty, hard and tasty nugs of joy. :guitar:

She has a fairly fast finish for a sativa plant and had some phenos finish in 8 weeks, but none so far needed more than 9 weeks.  This strain is fairly vigourous and will enjoy being topped while staying medium size.   Excellent buds to leaf ratio and even the lower buds end up fairly tight, which leaves you with little amount of waste material.  I would expect her to do well for hash or oil runs - with the amount of thrichome she produces. Both of the plants together produced 119.4g of dense buds (59.7g/pp) which is also an above average finish for a 7L pot in my set up. :yep:

large_89.jpglarge_113.jpg

The buds have a very pleasant and smooth smell with slight coffee undertones and hints of berries in the background.  The buds are very tight and have great structure, where you can pick out individual calyxes and crumble them into your paper. :skin_up:The taste is very smooth and some of the hashy aftertaste.

I value the smoke very much and my go to strain for more social moments or outdoor activities.   I would say, a good mood enhancer, which doesn't knock you down or sends your head into deep space.   This strain has more of a sativa affect without being racy.  Although, it does get stronger when you keep toking it, so beware.   A friend reported he couldn't sleep for a few hours after toking on some before going to bed. 

I would recommend this strain to anybody looking for something to smoke before or during a concert/festival or for taking a hike to your favourite guerilla spot. ;)

large_138.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!  8 more to go... :smokin:

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 10

Report 5 - Indigo Berry Kush

Indigo Berry Kush was not hard to grow and produces well.  Vigorous from the start, this pheno grew 4 or 6 spear like colas after being topped.  She was also one of the taller plants in the mix with beautiful frosty hard buds from top to bottom. :yep: She was also an above average producer and got 74,7g from a single plant in 7L pot.  The cold temps in my grow room might have extended her finishing time, as i took her to 10 weeks.  This pheno was also not very strong smell wise, which might be good if you have nosy neighbors.

large_73.jpg

The buds on Indigo Berry Kush are very frosty, dense in structure and with beautiful calyx stacking.  The smell of the buds is not overpowering but still a nice kush like.  The flavour when smoked, on the other hand, is more powerful and full on kushy, earthy with hints of hash.

This is quickly followed by an indica stone that puts me down on the couch. :) Not really suited for afternoons, unless you want to be lazy.   :smokin:

large_140.jpg

Only 7 reports to go!  :yahoo:

• Like 8

Report 6 - Gorilla Girl

large_118.jpg

One of my favourite strains from the Sweet Seeds Catalogue. :yes: There are several reasons for that. She has vigorous growth, has good leaf to bud ratio, produces some delicious buds, that turn into great smoke.  I've now grown gorilla girl twice and she seems quite uniform with very little pheno variation in terms of growth and final product.    This strain is a bit stretchy, but not too crazy.  During this grow, both plants produced 129.4g (64.7pp) which is a good amount and still above average.   The buds have very intense smell.  Spicy and sharp, with hints of coffee, peppermint, and licorice. 

large_141.jpg

The buds are pretty dense and covered in thrichs.  When being ground up, the smell is wonderful and I find it hard to keep my nose out the grinder.  The intense aroma is also present in the taste of the smoke.   Gorilla Girl has a very distinct taste that you can easily recognize.  The taste remains on the spicy side, with earthy, hashy flavour combined with licorice.  I love it! :yep:   The effects have all the qualities of a good hybrid.   If you don't smoke too much, you will enjoy the creative side of the strain.  But once you smoke more of it, the indica side takes over and you will enter a pleasant state of bliss. 

large_142.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the report!  :v:

• Like 9

Report 7 - Cream 47

Some tasty giants can be found within a pack of Cream 47.  I grew this strain a while back, when it first came out and wasn't overly impressed - i must add that i grew a single seed.  But i changed my mind after this crop.  Got two different phenos from 2 seeds.  One more indica, shorter and also quicker in flowering, but also less yield (48,7g).  AND there is a sativa monster, that yields pure fruity goodness - a shit load! (84g) Therefore the yield winner of that lot. :yep:   Both were not very fussy on nutes, although the sativa monster obviously required a little more nutes than her smaller sibling.  Both had compact buds, which were easy to trim from top to bottom.

(Left: sativa monster  right: indica girl)

large_106.jpglarge_96.jpg

This strain is very pungent and grinding Cream 47 buds will fill the room with a strong odour of weed.  The two plants did show some variation in the end product.  My favourite being the sativa pheno.  She has a very sweet smell of rasberries, while the indica pheno is more musky,  even a bit fuely with hints of berries and not so pleasant in my opinion.  The buds on both are really compact and filled with trichs. :guitar:   The effects are typical of a good hybrid.  Really smooth and sweet smoke that doesn't wreck you right away but gives you a good high that gets stronger as you work yourself through the spliff.  I tend to go for the sativa pheno more often though.  I have yet to indulge in the indica (waiting for it to cure a bit longer).  In general is Cream 47 a good strain, but you might have to do a bit of pheno hunting.  (you always have to in way) :rolleyes: 

(left: indica bud   right: sat. bud)

large_143.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. :smoke:

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 7

Absolutely cracking diary.

Looks like Gorilla Girl just made the list for my next shopping sprees based on your report.

Thanks for sharing !

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...