6 plant 6 strain grow

jadenugs

Alright there @jadenugs

All your girls are looking a1 bud, 

Your doing an excellent job  of keeping the canopy level considering all the diffrent strains your growing, definitely a few more of Dinafems beans added to my ever growing list of plants to grow.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

On 28/11/2018 at 8:15 AM, Jibba jabba said:

Your doing an excellent job  of keeping the canopy level considering all the diffrent strains your growing, definitely a few more of Dinafems beans added to my ever growing list of plants to grow.

Thanks for looking in Jj, it worked out not too bad with the front 3 and back 3 having a lamp apiece so it was just a case of trying to keep them levelish under each lamp :)

I'll be raising both lamps back to the top for the last couple of weeks to keep the terps intact.

• Like 4

wow .... wow   and ......WOW..  what an amazing grow ... all those different strains and all looking sooooooo good ....

is there any paticular strain that you think has the best smell so far mate ?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

I'll be raising both lamps back to the top for the last couple of weeks to keep the terps intact.

I’ve never heard of this before. Sounds interesting, What’s the thinking behind it pal?

Plants are still looking great brother. Awesome skills!

• Like 4

@vortex thanks mate, looking very much forward to trying all these :D

It's like a candy shop, can't decide on the best smelling lol

Pak is smelling of sweet green apples

CHP of pineapples

Purps #1 is a complex one, fruity and fuelly I think.

Early ammo cbd is a nice lemony pine hazy smell and much stronger than the outdoor Haze auto I did but that might have been down to my drying in the hot attic late summer.

Not smelled the Gorilla and SDG lately so I'll mention those in my next update if I remember.

Cheers for looking in dude :)

• Like 5

@Rick Grimes :cheers: bro, the idea is to protect the terps from too much heat while the flowers are maturing and hopefully preserve them better.

My thinking came from heat intensity on young plants cos I noticed years ago my vegging plants always seemed happier under flourescents, even if they were more stretchy!

So I thought on my last grow to leave the lamps at their highest for the whole of flowering and the tastes were good on my Paks.

This time I started flowering the plants under the highest the lamps would go and then moved them lower for the main flowering stage to put some weight on. I'll probably raise them again at the end of the 6th week, maybe 7th, not sure yet, depends on what stage they are of maturity. Hope that helps :)

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

@Rick Grimes :cheers: bro, the idea is to protect the terps from too much heat while the flowers are maturing and hopefully preserve them better.

My thinking came from heat intensity on young plants cos I noticed years ago my vegging plants always seemed happier under flourescents, even if they were more stretchy!

So I thought on my last grow to leave the lamps at their highest for the whole of flowering and the tastes were good on my Paks.

This time I started flowering the plants under the highest the lamps would go and then moved them lower for the main flowering stage to put some weight on. I'll probably raise them again at the end of the 6th week, maybe 7th, not sure yet, depends on what stage they are of maturity. Hope that helps :)

That certainly sounds logical and very interesting pal. It’s something that has certainly never occurred to me until now.

I’ve read several diaries in the past from people saying they’ve had improved results from raising lights beyond the normal 18inches for a 600w, 12inches for a 400w etc throughout the grow.

I’ve also seen a few videos with American large scale growers saying they lower temperatures during the last few weeks of flower as they find it increases bud density.

Great thinking and definitely something that warrants further thought and research pal.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 3

Some mid week trich shots at day 38 flower

Gorilla

large.5bfff07bd1cd6_Gorilladay38ESR.jpg

Closer crop of the above

large.5bfff08b8e06d_Gorilladay38ECSR.jpg

Some close ups, different crops of one Pak bud

large.5bfff0bc32444_Pakday38SR.jpglarge.5bfff0cbc12bf_Pakday381ESR.jpg

A couple of Purps #1, same top I think, different angle

large.5bfff09bb3ceb_Purps1day38SR.jpglarge.5bfff0ac45ebb_Purps1day381SR.jpg

And a full bud pic of the Purps #1

large.5bfff22363de4_DSC_0071ER.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Rick Grimes said:

I’ve also seen a few videos with American large scale growers saying they lower temperatures during the last few weeks of flower as they find it increases bud density.

Sounds interesting too mate, thanks :yep:

I've been reading a lot about oil making and terpenes lately and learnt about preserving the terps under lower temps so thought it must be the same when they're growing under intense heat.

• Like 4

Day 42 bloom

Hi all, time for the 6 week update and things are going ok, flowers are fattening up and stacking those calyx. As I've mentioned, this is my first time mixing coco with compost and it caught me out with the feeding strengths being on the low side. Anyway, I managed to more or less halt the yellowing by ditching the cal/mag, replacing with Epsom salts and raising the fishmix. The plants are still yellowing slightly so I'll raise the fishmix a bit more. They had a full dose of Epsom salts split over two waterings and I've decided to keep feeding it at a small dose for the time being. I've been removing old yellowing leaves steadily on all plants and removed a few middle leaves to allow light down the colas on the SDG, Purps #1, Gorilla and Pak. I've yet to defoliate the middle of the EAcbd.

As expected I had to give the Gorilla a bit of support, she's packing on weight now and I'm gonna have to get in there and make a better job of it very soon.

Feeds
Mon: 3ml/L Epsom salts, 2ml Bloom and 3ml Fishmix
Wed: 2ml/L Bl and 4ml Fm
Fri: 1ml/L Es, 2.5ml Bl and 4ml Fm

Volumes have been up and down for all plants and the last was 1.4L P#1 and CHP, 800ml Pak and the rest 1.8L

Environment
Temps 20-25
Roots 21-24
RH    42-57, sitting at 47 usually when I open the tent.

My intake fan pulls air, half straight from the rad box and half through my veg cab. The fan pulling from the veg cab can be slowed to control humidity and heat in there so the next 3 or 4 weeks is gonna be awkward trying to keep the humidity down in the main tent and up in the veg cab for my next grow. I think the next grow will have to have a slow start with low humidity so I'm not pulling too much humid air into the flower tent. I'm trying to find a decent balance but don't want to risk mold on these.

Anyway here's the pics from last night at 42 days

Sweet deep Grapefruit
Packing on some real weight now with nice big colas. Smelling of tropical fruit

large.5c041e3d8006f_SDGday42(2)R.jpglarge.5c041e4b60edf_SDGday42(4)R.jpglarge.5c041e5a7a0f4_SDGday42(6)R.jpglarge.5c041e684c391_SDGday42(8)R.jpg

Gorilla
Needs a bit more support. Fruit and fuel aromas.

The lower nugs are all quite uniform.

large.5c041e895204f_Gorilladay42(2)R.jpglarge.5c041e9727a09_Gorilladay42(4)R.jpglarge.5c041ea52eed6_Gorilladay42(8)R.jpglarge.5c041eb33b19e_Gorilladay42(6)R.jpg

Early Amnesia CBD

Again, quite uniform lower buds and she's potent smelling.

large.5c041f0149f35_EAcbdday42(2)R.jpglarge.5c041f0fd0c3d_EAcbdday42(4)R.jpglarge.5c041f1eb14ca_EAcbdday42(6)R.jpglarge.5c041f2cb069b_EAcbdday42(8)R.jpglarge.5c041f3a9b50a_EAcbdday42(10)R.jpg

The others to follow

• Like 10

Pak
The lighting is more harsh on these pics. Can't get her away from outside the tent door because of the probes in her pot and that's where my led spotlight is hanging to light the place up. Will have to move my light next time for the Pak pics

large.5c041f6e116d6_Pakday42(2)R.jpglarge.5c041f7c70f2c_Pakday42(4)R.jpglarge.5c041f8a9d6ab_Pakday42(6)R.jpg

Here's a softer pic taken with an led flash ring lighting her up

large.5c041f98961c3_Pakday42(8)R.jpg

Purps #1
Clear Mg deficiency on this one but should be ok now

large.5c041fcab5066_Purps1day42(2)R.jpglarge.5c041fdb57eed_Purps1day42(4)R.jpglarge.5c041fe9738f3_Purps1day42(6)R.jpg

Another one with the flash ring

large.5c041ff797743_Purps1day42(8)R.jpg

Cali Hash plant
Old fan leaves yellowing evenly so looks like N deficiency, but bud leaves going really dark now so I won't up the fishmix any more on this one. Maybe it's just a characteristic of this pheno having dark shiny leaves when feed levels are normal?

large.5c0420f215e7f_CHPday42(2)R.jpglarge.5c0421009ace7_CHPday42(4)R.jpglarge.5c04210ebb07c_CHPday42(6)R.jpglarge.5c04211cb8bc1_CHPday42(8)R.jpg

Group shot

large.5c0421369d0d9_Groupday42(2)R.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy gardening :)

• Like 9

Took some bud and close trich shots 2 days ago on day 47 but only just got round to posting them.

Cali hash plant

large.5c0b487a821d7_CHPday47ESR.jpg

Gorilla. Finishing up quickly, amber trichs on the bud leaves at less than 7 weeks and quite a few of them!

large.5c0b48bac118a_gorilladay47(1)ESR.jpglarge.5c0b48ca4e2e0_gorilladay47(12)ESR.jpg

Purps #1, same bud, different angles

large.5c0b48e7c8ba9_p1day47ES(2)R.jpglarge.5c0b48f720d36_P1day47ESR.jpg

Pak doing her thing and doing it well

large.5c0b49064c7e2_Pakday47ES(2)R.jpg

Same bud, top view

large.5c0b49158858a_Pakday47ES(3)R.jpg

And a close one to finish with

large.5c0b4924c0104_Pakday47ESR.jpg

Soon be chop time :D

• Like 9

@jadenugs

Looking grand in here , wowzers just look at them buds on the sweet deep grapefruit they look awesome as do all the other strains - top gardening :guitar:.

I must say the sweet deep grapefruit looks my favourite though - stonking buds.

I have the lilt song going on in my head now with your description "totally tropical taste" hehe lol 

Atb buddy twoscoops :) 

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 6