6 plant 6 strain grow

jadenugs

Hi :)

Back in the gardening seat and time to kick off another grow now the weather has cooled down a bit.

I was gonig to do a 9 plant multi strain with a short veg time but changed my mind and decided on my usual 6. This way I'll have room to veg them to maturity before flowering. I was kidding myself anyway, 9 different strains' needs will be a bit too much work for my frazzled head lol and I really don't like flowering them immature. 

So 6 it is. One I've ran before and 5 new, should be fun :)

Purps#1

Gorilla

Sweet deep grapefruit

California hash plant

Early amnesia cbd

Purple afghan kush

large.5b85ea6a732a8_DSC_8965R.jpg

I've been wanting to try SDG and the EAcbd for ages but haven't got round to it til now.

I had 2 young Pak mothers in small pots and lost my favourite in the heat of my attic so I planned on running the other in my next grow. Lost that as well due to my own negligence when the temps were high but I wasn't really bothered about that one.

So I germed a seed in paper towels which cracked ok but then the taproot went dark on the tip and never made it when I put it in dirt.
Put another straight in the dirt and it was up in 4 days.

Here on day 1, sticking her tongue out saying feck you, I'm a pak and I'll take my time lol I had to help with the seed shell.

large.5b85e86bcda3a_Pakday1day4ER.jpg

Here's a pic on day 7 (she's on day 10 now) and she's slowed down in true pak style. Nice to see the purple tinge already though.

large.5b85e9ee916ec_DSC_8954ER.jpg

I put the other beans in wet paper towels last night. If all goes well, 2 or 3 days to sprout a decent tap root and another few to break the surface after transplanting should give enough time for the pak to root out it's root trainer and be ready to pot up and spread it's roots. It's under a Viparspectra 300 (136w draw) at the moment in my veg cab. When the others are up I'll fire up the flowering tent and veg them all under 1 x 315w cmh until they get bigger. Then fire up the other. This will give me plenty of time to get everything dialled in before flowering begins :)

Nice variety of colours and patterns on the seeds

large.5b85ea79a9806_DSC_8967R.jpg

That's it so far.
Thanks for looking and happy cultivating :yep:

Edited by jadenugs
e2a
  • Like 11

That gorilla is a fat young bean :yep:

That DSG tho.....Im gonna have to make a space for that bad girl at some point

• Like 5

@jadenugs Good to see you back in here with another Dinafem multistrain grow. It’s no doubt going to be another quality diary from you, good luck dude.

• Like 3

Alright there @jadenugs

Nice choice of beans, I have some gorillas to run myself too soon.

Good luck with this not that you will need it.

Take it easy Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

@zen-ken

@Smokebelch

@Jibba jabba

Thanks for popping in lads, and the kind words of encouragement :)

Looking forward to growing and trying all these strains and they're off to a good start but I will still need some luck Jj.

They had a big enough tap root (10ml) after 36 hours in the towels but I never had my pots prepared and warmed up so had to leave them another 12 hours and they were a little bit leggy for transplanting.

Anyway I got them planted last night and I might have fucked up a bit lol

After carefully planting them with a sprinkle of Mycorr max I covered them and very gently pressed the compost on top of them so they'll shed their husks as they come through. This was  done on auto pilot without thinking, as if I was germing seeds straight in the soil and not transplanting very delicate sprouts! On afterthought it's possible I could have damaged the root tips by doing this but I know I didn't press down hard so here's hoping there's no damage or stress :doh:

Tap roots after 48 hrs, looking like they all have similar vigour from the start, a good sign of things to come if I've not damaged them. Probably just me overthinking, we'll see

large.5b891863cfe6c_DSC_9053R.jpg

Update when they break the surface :)

• Like 9

Another @jadenugs Dinafem grow up and running on UK420  :yep:

You know I love a multiple strain grow and with 6 of our strains being grown together, this is going to be a blast  ;)

@jadenugs Good luck with this multiple strain adventure, I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest brother  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2018 at 2:12 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

You know I love a multiple strain grow and with 6 of our strains being grown together, this is going to be a blast  ;)

Cheers dude, things have been a bit slow but I'm getting into it now and looking forward to this one :)

Time for an update on these young Dinafem seedlings.
The germinated seeds/taproots were put into 11cm pots of Clover MP mixed with 1/3rd perlite with an added sprinkle of TNC MycorrMax and were all through in 3 days on 2nd Sept so I'll call that day 1. I never soaked the medium through but just gave them 15ml of water daily to keep the top moist and they were quite slow getting going, in comparison to their quick germination.

They were in my veg cab under the Viparspectra 300 for most of the first week and really weren't doing much so I moved them into the flowering tent under a 315w CMH with 942 veg lamp and they picked up. I think I need to make adjustments to the airflow in my veg cab for future grows as I don't think the 4" RVK is pulling enough air through my diy labyrinth with cooker hood carbon sheeting doubled up at either side. Too much restriction I reckon.

The Purps#1 and Gorilla never shed the thin membrane from the inside of the seed shells and I had to gently remove this with tweezers. After doing so the cotyledons still wouldn't open for a couple of days and I was going to bin them and start again, but gave them a chance by prizing the cotyledons apart to allow light to the first serrated leaves and prevent them from dying. The cotyledons seemed really hard and rubber like.

Anyway, they survived but have been really slow.

Here they are on day 7. If I grow these again in a multi strain grow I think I'll germ a couple of weeks before the rest, like I did the Pak, especially the Purps with it being a Pak cross.

Purps#1

large.5b9b076eec6fc_purps1day7CR.jpg

Gorilla

large.5b9b078aee26f_gorilladay7CR.jpg

The others were more advanced at this stage with the 2nd set of leaves coming along quicker.

Sweet deep grapefruit

large.5b9b07a290ae7_sdgday7CR.jpg

Cali hash plant

large.5b9b07c07db35_chpday7CR.jpg

Early amnesia cbd

large.5b9b07d467b60_eacbdday7CR.jpg

And the Pak. Well, she mutated and threw out weird leaves on the second set with only 2 fingers instead of 3. She also topped herself lol
Here at 20 days, 13 days in front of the others. I was gonna bin her and germ a Bubba kush cbd but decided to keep her as she might end up being special :D

large.5b9b07f6ccc58_pakday20CR.jpg

Most of the above sounds a bit negative and that's most likely down to my doings (or lack of) but at the end of the day I have 6 healthy seedlings that I'm looking forward to growing out once they've found their feet. I'm thinking of germing in jiffys next time as I haven't done that in a long time. I've probably stressed these out a bit by letting the tap roots get a bit long before transplanting into pots.

Here they are 4 days later on day 11, loving the CMH and getting on with it a bit :) They've had one proper drench of 150ml each with 2ml/L root juice and I've dropped this to 100ml on the watering after because I don't see roots at the drainage holes yet, not even on the Pak. Regular foliar feeds of Shropshire seaweed and fish mix at 2ml/L each and one foliar of bio silicon at 2ml/L. They are all quite squat with the lamp at 24".
Temps 20-25
Roots 19-23
RH 44-57

Purps#1

large.5b9b083682868_purps1day11CR.jpg

Gorilla

large.5b9b0849f3484_gorilladay11CR.jpg

SDG, may fave looking plant so far.

large.5b9b085d5f5ef_sdgday11CR.jpg

CHP

large.5b9b0878a6b82_chpday11CR.jpg

EAcbd, this is a pretty one too.

large.5b9b088dac9ca_eacbdday11CR.jpg

The Pak looking nice and healthy on day 24 after recovering from her self topping. Possible Ca deficiency just starting, or a bit of burn from water droplets.

large.5b9b08b53c250_pakday24CR.jpg

Group shot to finish off

large.5b9b08a21d6fd_groupday11and24CR.jpg

We're on day 13 now and they've got their arses into gear a bit and done a little stretch. If I get the time I'll take some more pics tomorrow on day 14 then try and keep it weekly from there.
Thanks for looking and happy cultivating :yep:

• Like 9

@jadenugs Sounds like you had a few problems at the start, I find germinating the most stressful part of growing as for me I sometimes struggle with it.

Now they are off and running I am sure you will be ok with the rest of the grow.

That PAK looks like a right freak, like you say though it’s worth sticking with it.

Keep up the good work dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3

@Smokebelch

Cheers for looking in dude. Yeah, germination is never the same for me, different times of year and environmental factors being different.

Can't fault Dinafem for germination rates though.

I'm hoping the Pak turns out like Pak#1 from my last grow,  a lovely fruity smoke.  This time I don't think I'll cook it as long though.

Thanks for the kind words :)

• Like 4

Your not the only one brother with germination issues at the start, Did you see the HSO pot noodle challenge lol

More growers fell at the germination stage than was expected. It can be a tricky business and nice to see you are now past that stage :yep:

6 very healthy looking seedling apart from the mutated pak but we have seen the "ugly duckling" before and this tends to be the best performing, so glad you kept her around. Let's see what she does :bong:

Nice and healthy and growing at a steady pace, what more could we ask for at this stage :yep:

Thanks for the update brother, I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark

I never really had germination problems , apart from the Pak that turned brown and stopped. The others were fine and I think I stressed them on the transplant from paper towels to compost :)

They have found their feet now and are growing quicker.

Introduced a small rad to the tent for lights off.

Temps 21-26

Roots 20-24

RH 39-67

Here on Sunday, day 15 and 28 for the Pak.

Purps#1, still slower than the rest but at least she's growing since the last update.

large.5ba0eac1a7fd7_p1day15R.jpg

Gorilla, leaving the Purps behind a bit but not complaining. large.5ba0ead3c4f25_gorilladay15R.jpg

Sweet deep grapefruit, going for it now and really healthy

large.5ba0eaf0a7f37_sdgday15R.jpg

Cali hash plant

large.5ba0eb02df9cd_chpday15R.jpg

Early amnesia cbd

large.5ba0eb1d34f20_eacbdday15R.jpg

Pak. See the cabbage in the middle where she topped herself, I've cut this out now so she doesn't waste any energy on it. I had left it hoping for more shoots but not a lot happening so 4 leaders it will be.large.5ba0eb3c5307e_pakday28R.jpg

And a group shot

large.5ba0eaa54bcf0_groupday15and28R.jpg

I'm happy with the progress over the 4 days between updates and they've sped up even more in the last 2 days since these pics. I'll update next Sunday/Monday at the 3 week mark. Hopefully the rootballs will be about ready by then for their 9L fabric finals :)

Thanks for looking, happy cultivating :yep:

• Like 9

On 18/09/2018 at 1:39 PM, jadenugs said:

I never really had germination problems , apart from the Pak that turned brown and stopped. The others were fine and I think I stressed them on the transplant from paper towels to compost :)

They have found their feet now and are growing quicker.

Introduced a small rad to the tent for lights off.

I've never seen you have germination issues mate, pak can be a tricky lady right from the start but worth it in the end  :bong:

Definitely found their feet now mate :yep: and the added addition of the radiator will help Keep temps manageable. It's started to get cold and fast.

What a strange year weather wise. 

Thanks for the diary update brother, I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

They were all big enough to top at the 3rd node this morning except the Purps#1 so I topped the other 4.

I've left the bottom nodes on as usual to see if they do ok. If not they'll come off at a later date to leave 4 colas.

I was gonna pot them up this Sunday, day 22 but I might have to leave it a bit longer now since topping.

They'll get some seaweed tonight for stress recovery as they are due a watering anyway.

Here's some pics before and after topping, the white on some of the leaves is from a foliar feed of Humbolt equilibrium, forgot how messy it was. I've sprayed them with plain water since and wiped it off but there's still traces there.

Gorilla before and after

large.5ba51d76df0e3_gorillaR.jpglarge.5ba51d8905f78_gorillatopR.jpg

Sweet deep grapefruit, the strongest most vigorous plant so far with most advanced side branching

large.5ba51da93e88b_sdgR.jpglarge.5ba51db72e05e_sdgtopR.jpg

Cali hash plant

large.5ba51dd51dc55_chpR.jpglarge.5ba51de65b146_chptopR.jpg

And the Early amnesia cbd

large.5ba51dfea17bf_eacbdR.jpglarge.5ba51e13091af_eacbdtopR.jpg

I like to top them as early as I can to see how how they respond, and give the side branches a good start before flowering.

Happy gardening :)

• Like 8

Nice job with the topping brother @jadenugs :bong:

Can I ask what node do you tend to top at. By the look of things node 3-4?

Have you tried topping at various stages? Nodes 5-6-7-8?

As always and as expected a happy looking bunch of babies :yep:

Looking good in here, I'll drop back in on the next update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3