6 plant 6 strain grow

jadenugs

I've had sprouts with stuck cotlydons and cut them open with a stanley blade which worked and turned out fine after, you never know what's in a bean really and that's the bonus of seeds over clones.

• Like 4

@botanics Yeah man I know what you mean.

These were starting to open but were tough and rubbery, had to prize them open on the Purps and the Gorilla.

Agreed there dude, you never know what surprises you might get with beans :yep: I've no mother plants now and no real plans of keeping any at the moment.

• Like 3

@jadenugs

Everything growing healthy in here in a nice clean environment, looking tip - top :).

Cannot wait for the flower show and I like the look of the sweet deep grapefruit plant.

That reminds me I need to get a tub of TNC Mycorr Max, do you like it ? 

Atb twoscoops :beer:

• Like 3

Day 8 bloom

Hi folks, things are looking fine in the tent on their 8th day of bloom and the crowns are forming.

The Sweet deep grapefruit, Early amnesia cbd and Gorilla are stretching quite evenly together and have only stretched about 5" so far. The Pak and Chp are stretching a little bit less than the back 3 and the Purps#1 is catching these 2 up so I'm quite pleased with how things are going so far :) I took a leaf from the inside of each main on the back 3 and the Pak to allow some light down the middle but haven't bothered removing any leaves from the Purps and Cali hash plant yet. I will most probably remove an inside fan leaf from each main on the Chp when I clean up the lowers in about a week. Not sure about the Purps, this is a different structure due to the LST and no topping. I'll see how it turns out.

One of the mains on the EAcbd started to run away so I flattened about an inch in length of it's stem, enough to slow it but not let it bend over.

Environment
The environment has been steady and I didn't have to make any adjustments when the weather changed and the outside temps dropped. I had lowered the thermo on the rad to 18C before the weather changed and haven't had to raise it again so I'll be saving on leccy :) I've been making major adjustments to my intake and it seems to be working well so far :)

Temps 21-27
Roots 22-25
RH 30-46 and sitting low at 31 at the moment.

The lamps are at the top of the tent so can't raise them any to raise humidity. Fresh growth is a little bit twisty on the new leaves but should be ok I think. AFAIAA two other things can cause this, lack of Ca or chlorine in the water but I put this down to low humidity. They've been getting Calmag and my water is left standing for 24hrs.

Feed
I've upped the feed volume over the week as they've drank more with the stretch.

Sun- All plants 1.35L with 1ml/L calmag, 1ml/L seaweed and 1.5ml/L fishmix.

Tues- 1.4L with 0.5ml/L CM, 1ml/L SW and 2ml/L FM, apart from the Pak only had 1L (the pot was still heavy).

Thurs- 1.5L with 0.5ml/L CM, 1ml/L SW and 1.5ml/L FM (Tips burning, FM lowered) P#1 - 1.4L. Pak - 900ml.

Sat- 1.8L with 0.5ml/L CM, 1ml/L Bloom and 1ml/L FM. P#1 - 1.5L Pak - 900ml

In summary, I'm trying to balance a 1 feed fits all, so some plants are looking a bit hungrier and some with slightly burnt tips but it's going ok so far. Things will probably change lol
I just need to get back into more of a wet/dry cycle with the P#1 and Pak so the roots don't suffer but tbh I don't always stick to the proper wet/dry cycle with organic feeding and don't bother much with run off. It's hard to tell how much real run off there is when the feed pisses out the sides of the fabric pots. As long as they've soaked up any excess in 10 mins I'm happy. I just have to monitor carefully so I don't overwater the slow drinkers. Doing it this way instead of waiting til the next day for the Pak and Purps to dry out, I'm not watering different plants on different days. You can bet I'd forget to water one or two lol Anyway, hopefully they'll all be dry at the same time in the next few days and I can get back to wet/dry on those two.

I've ran out of Humboldt equilibrium so I'm using PM Magnacal+. I don't really want to with it not being organic but That HE is a bastard to mix, takes ages stirring before the bits disolve. The Magnacal will be cut out in the last couple of weeks as I lower the feeds.

Some pics taken under the 942 bulb only, the 930 switched off. I find this doesn't confuse my camera when set to auto white balance. As the buds form I might do my usual and take them out of the tent for pics. PITA trying to get it right under the lamps.

Sweet deep grapefruit

large.5bd656141bda8_sdgday8R.jpglarge.5bd65623bd03f_sdgday8(2)R.jpglarge.5bd6563386bc9_sdgday8(3)R.jpg

Early amnesia cbd

large.5bd65647bb60c_eacbdday8R.jpglarge.5bd656573e008_eacbdday8(2)R.jpglarge.5bd6566f1b2ef_eacbdday8(3)R.jpg

Gorilla, turning into a lovely looking plant

large.5bd65683b2e83_gorilladay8R.jpglarge.5bd65693edadf_gorilladay8(2)R.jpglarge.5bd656a37fa16_gorilladay8(3)R.jpg

Pak

large.5bd656c789a79_pakday8R.jpglarge.5bd656d6f09e7_pakday8(2)R.jpglarge.5bd656e7876a9_pakday8(3)R.jpg

Purps#1

Absolutely loving this plant now she's got off her stoned arse and showed me some action. Beautiful big wide indica leaves and strong main stems. Showing purple on the leaves already. I hope I get plenty of purple in the buds.

large.5bd6571069ddd_purpsday8R.jpglarge.5bd657284d137_purpsday8(2)R.jpglarge.5bd6573fd16ca_purpsday8(3)R.jpg

Cali hash plant

Super strong main stems on this one. Absolutely solid when I try and move the main stems apart to look down the middle

large.5bd657653736b_chpday8R.jpglarge.5bd65775081e1_chpday8(2)R.jpg

large.5bd65785d6c66_chpday8(3)R.jpg

Group shots to finish with. One, more from above and one from low down so you can see how much they've stretched from last week's update. They're filling the tent nicely now.

Back row L to R are SDG, EAcbd and Gorilla

Front row L to R are Pak, P#1 and CHP

I've been rotating the plants on their own axis but not around the tent. This will stop now they are getting larger and the branches are mingling.

large.5bd657c6d399a_groupday8R.jpglarge.5bd657d8702c2_groupR.jpg

Thanks for looking peeps. Happy gardening and keep it green :yep:

• Like 8

Some very nice growth over the last week and you can see the girls structure is forming ready to show us what they can do  ;)

You've got a lot of potential budsites showing. Let the fun begin :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

On 26/10/2018 at 0:16 AM, botanics said:

I've had sprouts with stuck cotlydons and cut them open with a stanley blade which worked and turned out fine after, you never know what's in a bean really and that's the bonus of seeds over clones.

Just out of curiosity has any one had any issue with not germination but the next phase? 

I'm getting 100% Germination. Into jiffy7s at 80-82o(f) humidity 85-88%, 18/6 light but I'm only getting 50% through. On multiple strains so not strain related it's something my end but what?

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

st out of curiosity has any one had any issue with not germination but the next phase?

Only two gorillas that I popped a few weeks ago, came up over 24 hours along with a pair of Hso’s Sapphire Mango, then just gave up,  so I simply replaced them and away we go, I told myself it was where I was settling in with the new stuff, but strange how the others came through great, along with the mangos :headpain:

The main problem I have suffered is the heat drying them out or just boiling them, so I tend to air on the side of caution and try to keep the seedlings a bit cooler, but by no means cold, anyway hope your luck changes mate, take care.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

@Dinafem-Mark Maybe your jiffys are overwet mate? Try and keep them at about 24c 75f and not too wet. Like Jibba said, they could be boiling, especially if they are overwet.

I would also have the light on 24/7 to keep the environment constant until you get past the crucial stage, unless of course you can maintain the same temps at lights off ;)

• Like 5

I've had the odd one stop and fail to move on but had my fair share of problems lately so wouldn't say it was beans.  Dinafem are really good for fem germ rate @Dinafem-Mark  and rare that one fails in my experience bud :yep:   Nugs' advice above is solid too, consistent temps are a big factor ;) 

• Like 4

Day 14 bloom

Hi folk, flowers are coming on well in the 6 days since the last update and all is good for now :) Pak has still been a fussy bugger like, but she's settled into a routine now. The back 3 have stretched more than the front 3 as I expected and my hope of the front 3 stretching more under the redder light hasn't happened. SDG about 9" over the 2 weeks, EAcbd 11" and Gorilla 7". The Purps#1 has just about caught up with the CHP and the Pak hasn't stretched much. I've only really been keeping an eye on the back 3. EAcbd had another branch pinched to slow it down and the smell on my fingers was amazing, like a lemony cleaning fluid that faded to a rhubarb and custard type of aroma, nice. I haven't got around to cleaning up the lowers yet but I don't reckon I'll be taking much off anyway as the plants are at a good height and good structure for light penetration. We'll see what happens in the coming week. I did take 4 leaves from the inside of the 4 mains on the Chp and I've still been turning the plants on their axis every day or 2. The Chp needs turning to allow light down the middle of the plant as it's very dense.

Environment
The environment has been quite steady with a minimal difference between lights on and off to keep the stretch from going mad and keep the girls happy.

Temps 21-25
Roots 23-24
RH 41-53

Feed
They've settled into a regular volume now. The SDG, EAcbd, Gorilla and CHP are drinking 1.9L every 2 days, the Purps 1.6L and the Pak has settled for 800ml. At least I'm back on the wet/dry with her now and I've had no drooping with her. Still all on a 1 feed fits all. I'm hoping it stays that way.

Last feed was 0.5ml/L Magnecal+, 1.5ml/L bloom and 1.75ml/L fishmix. I'll carry on raising the fishmix steadily with the bloom over the next week before I start lowering the fishmix as they go into full bloom.

Some pics for you. I've taken them out of the tent this week for the pics.

Sweet deep grapefruit

large.5bde4e7f971fa_sdgday14(1)ER.jpglarge.5bde4e8eb0523_sdgday14(2)ER.jpglarge.5bde4ea5624c5_sdgday14(3)ER.jpg

Early amnesia cbd, you can see where I squashed the stems on the far left and far right mains

large.5bde4eb500fda_eacbdday14(1)ER.jpglarge.5bde4ec450407_eacbdday14(2)ER.jpglarge.5bde4edaaa8db_eacbdday14(3)ER.jpg

Gorilla

large.5bde4f5c91f07_gorilladay14(1)ER.jpglarge.5bde4f6bbf1f8_gorilladay14(2)ER.jpglarge.5bde4f7ab7cf2_gorilladay14(3)ER.jpg

Pak. Purple pistils appearing

large.5bde4ff40dae9_pakday14(1)ER.jpglarge.5bde500a7bde8_pakday14(2)ER.jpglarge.5bde501a4008d_pakday14(3)ER.jpg

Purps#1

Purple pistils on this one too

large.5bde5035a3f79_purpsday14(1)ER.jpglarge.5bde5045ef1fb_purpsday14(2)ER.jpglarge.5bde5055476e3_purpsday14(3)ER.jpg

Cali hash plant

large.5bde5079b5bae_chpday14(1)ER.jpglarge.5bde508b9ef2b_chpday14(2)ER.jpglarge.5bde509dc0ca0_chpday14(3)ER.jpg

And the group shots under the lamps (930 switched off).

large.5bde50c21392d_groupday14(1)ER.jpglarge.5bde50d53684c_groupday14(2)ER.jpg

Well that wraps another update up, It should get a bit less boring now the flowers are here :D thanks for looking.

Happy gardening and keep it green :v:

• Like 9

2 weeks into bloom and those buds are stating to take shape  ;)

The early training is now starting to pay off :) All site look to be getting even light distribution, 1 more weeks of vertical growth and then we will really see those buds explode  ;)

Considering this is a multi strain grow you've managed to keep quite an even canopy. This is not easy with 1 strain never mind 6 :yep:

Thanks for the seedling advice mate. It was a little to wet and I did end up losing 1 but the other 7 are through  :)

Thanks for the update brother  :bong:

I'll be back in on the next  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

On 05/11/2018 at 7:34 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

It was a little to wet and I did end up losing 1 but the other 7 are through  :)

Great news mate :yep:

• Like 2