6 plant 6 strain grow

jadenugs

@Dinafem-Mark Cheers mate.

I tend to top at the 3rd node and wait to see if the bottom branches at the first node are up to much. If they're not I get rid of them but sometimes they grow as strong as the branches above. I have topped further up the plant in the past, mainly if a plant is racing away from the others and I want to slow it down. This was before I learnt about suoercropping and lst though, so quite a while ago :) You've got me thinking though, if I were to let the plants grow to a decent size and top them all at the same height immediately before flipping, I reckon most of the stretch would be in the lower branches and they'd catch the tops up without the plants getting much taller, leaving an even (ish) canopy. Lower branches might be a bit spindly though. I might even have tried this in the past but my memory is shit, I've forgotten more than I know lol

Thanks for popping in bro

• Like 7

Well you like a challenge don't you! Gorilla and eacbd are going to stretch much more than the others! 

The purps1 I've found one really vigorous pheno out of 3 seeds which is getting purple calyxes. 

Good luck with them ;)

• Like 6

@beezee Haha, I was gonna do 9 strains too. Good job I decided against it lol

I know from my last grow that the CMH do a decent job far away from the tops so I'm not that bothered about an even canopy this time around. I'm planning on allowing the stretchers to get closer to the lamps knowing that the shortest will still do ok. Probably end up a right mess, we'll see lol

• Like 7

Update to show how well they've done in the 4 days since topping.

We finally have some rapid growth :) Purps#1 is still going slower than the others but she's getting there. I reckon they're all about a week behind after me stressing them out. Good job they're not autos lol

Leccy blanket has been on for a while. The big rad in the outside box is now on so I don't need the small rad in the tent now.

I've lagged my ducting between the heater box and my tent with bubble wrap to minimise heat loss.

Temps 20-27

Roots 20-24

RH 32-56

Feed before last was 150ml containing 1ml/L fishmix and half ml/L Bio silicon

Last feed was 1.5ml/L fishmix and half ml/L Humbolt equilibrium.

Foliar feeds of Shropshire seaweed.

Drinking up 150ml in 2 days and they will be potted up to their finals by the end of the week.

Here they are on day 24

Purps#1. Untopped because she was so slow.

large.5baac4202ce48_p1day24R.jpg

Gorilla

large.5baac4300f0a9_gorilladay24R.jpg

SDG, still my favourite so far but CHP is catching up quick

large.5baac44084d36_sdgday24R.jpg

CHP

large.5baac44fa876e_chpday24R.jpg

EAcbd, the only plant to have 5 finger leaves at the 3rd node

large.5baacb7b43410_eacbdday24R.jpg

And the Pak at 37 days

large.5baac46de6088_pakday37R.jpg

Usual group shot to finish with

large.5baac4078309c_groupday24and37R.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 13

6 very healthy looking plants mate :yep:

So all have been topped now except for Purps#1?

Nice to read you have tried at various stages and have found wgat works for you ;)

Trying new strains you will find some strains work well topped others not so much. Nice to see some variety and different tech being used :yep:

A nice healthy room ;)

Thanks for the update brother, I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

@jadenugs

Best of luck with this and cracking start mate :guitar:,

6 strains - wow that's going to keep yer busy when they get going.

Looking super duper :) .

atb twoscoops :v:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Trying new strains you will find some strains work well topped others not so much.

Cheers Mark, yeah it doesn't look like this pheno of Purps would react well to topping. I'll see if she decides to take a stretch in her final pot when the roots get hold. She's looking like a full on indica though that would like to concentrate on a big single cola :)

@twoscoops Thanks for looking in and the comments dude. Aye it's gonna be fun I reckon, especially if that EA takes off lol  Beezee warned me that Gorilla is a stretcher too so that will add to the fun....or stress lol

• Like 4

Hi all,

Potted them up to their 9L fabric finals on Saturday so it's time for an update on that.

Thursday they had a good drenching, 200ml with 2ml/L fishmix and 1ml/L root juice. I squashed the main stem on the EAcbd and the 2 leaders on the Pak to slow them down and allow the other branches to catch up. Then I decided to tie down the tops on the EA the next day and also the Gorilla.

Saturday morning they were ready for a feed but I didn't want to soak them too much before potting up so gave them a small feed of 100ml with 2ml/L fishmix and 1ml/L root juice. This saw them through to lights on at 7pm and the rootballs had about the right moisture in them for taking out of the pots.
The environment had been quite steady up until this point.

Temps 20-27
Roots 19;28
RH 35-60

I decided I was going to add 1/3rd coco to the compost this time so I'd ordered some Canna coco professional plus.
So it was mixed with the Clover MP and I got on with potting up.
The rootballs were all ready to be moved on apart from the Purps#1 and Gorilla, they could have done with a few more days due to them being slow off the mark but I potted up anyway. Some TNC MycorrMax was added to the holes when potting up, about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon per plant.

First up the Purps#1, the roots first and then in her final.

large.5bb16bbb0e702_purps1rootsR.jpglarge.5bb16bf1d3a9d_purps1day28R.jpg

Gorilla, you can see where the tops were tied down in the small pots.

large.5bb16c2ccd854_gorillarootsR.jpglarge.5bb16c966524b_TNCgorillaR.jpglarge.5bb16cd470c76_gorilladay28R.jpg

Sweet deep grapefruit

large.5bb16d0d9b150_sdgrootsR.jpg

Really nice roots so I've done a closer one to show the mycorr colonisation

large.5bb16d534a4de_sdgroots(2)CR.jpg

And in her final

large.5bb16d9329f9f_sdgday28R.jpg

Cali hash plant

large.5bb16ddd98cc9_chprootsR.jpg

And again, a really nice white root system so another close up of the mycorrhizae

large.5bb16e256b265_chproots(2)ER.jpg

In her final

large.5bb16e641df4d_chpday28R.jpg

Early amnesia cbd, same as the Gorilla you can see where the tops were tied down and the tips had curled back up.

large.5bb16ec90910e_eacbdrootsR.jpglarge.5bb16f0ec968d_eacbdday28R.jpg

Pak. This plant has been really fussy up til now. 2 weeks older than the others and the rootball still hadn't advanced as much as the others. There doesn't seem to be as much Mycorrhizae around the roots which might be contributing towards the fussiness.

large.5bb16f61778fe_pakrootsR.jpg

I've included a close up of her roots too so you can see the difference to the  Sdg and Chp

large.5bb16fbadc0e8_pakroots(2)ER.jpg

In her final, looking a bit droopy like Pak does before she gets her footprint established. Hopefully she'll pick up soon

large.5bb17008234b5_pakday41R.jpg

Group shot in their finals with the EAcbd and Gorilla tied down again

large.5bb17054ec2a1_groupafterrepotR.jpg

I'm gonna stick to just the one CMH until they fill out a bit, then introduce the other with an agro bulb fitted as I don't have another 942 vegging bulb.

Happy cultivating and thanks for looking :)

• Like 9

On 01/10/2018 at 10:21 PM, jadenugs said:

I'll see if she decides to take a stretch in her final pot when the roots get hold. She's looking like a full on indica though that would like to concentrate on a big single cola :)

By the look of things she does look to be very indica dominant  :yep:

That's going to be some potent flower come harvest ;)

Keep the updates coming brother  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

As the saying goes "happy roots = Healthy plant's " and those are some excellent looking roots ;)

Now they have been potted up they have extra medium to spread those roots out and I'm sure once established we will see some explosive growth  :yep:

Looking on point brother :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

On 09/10/2018 at 2:01 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

As the saying goes "happy roots = Healthy plant's " and those are some excellent looking roots ;)

Now they have been potted up they have extra medium to spread those roots out and I'm sure once established we will see some explosive growth  :yep:

Looking on point brother :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks dude, they're filling their pots up now me reckons :)

• Like 2

Hi all

Update, day 39 and 52.

Here's what's been happening since potting up. I don't water in on pot up but sometimes give them 100ml of whatever feed they were on before potting up, just to keep them fed until the roots find the fresh compost. I never had any dechlorinated water at room temp so it was a few hours until they had a watering, 100ml each with 2ml/L seaweed. Then the next night (Sunday) they were watered in with 500ml each, containing 2ml/L seaweed.

Monday I noticed an Mg def setting in quite quickly on the Gorilla so I gave them all a foliar of 1/2ml/L PM calmag and 2ml/L seaweed. I bought the calmag for foliar feeds because I don't like foliar feeding with Humboldt equilibrium, leaves a right mess on the leaves.

Tuesday they were watered til run off, 1 litre containing 1ml/L seaweed and 1ml/L HE.

Thursday they had a foliar of 1ml/L Bio silicon.

Friday they were ready for another root drench, 1L containing 1ml/L seaweed and 1/2ml/L fishmix, They'd already had a foliar of 1.5ml/L seaweed earlier on before lights out.

Tuesday, 1.1L of 1/2ml/L Bio silicon and 1/4ml/L Humboldt equilibrium, except the Pak and P#1, the pots were a bit heavier than the others so I only gave them 800ml, hoping they'll all be ready on the next feed day.

Well that's about everything I've done in the last 11 days apart from rearranging my ventilation from the rad box through my veg cab and into the flowering tent. It's a long story but I'm getting more intake air to the main tent now and the girls have really picked up today since I made the adjustments :)

Temps for today have been 22-27

Roots 23-25

RH 64-88

Onto the pics.

Purps#1
As mentioned, not drinking as much as the others, her being smaller and slower. Started LST on this one Monday night to open her up and get those side branches going.
To say she's been quite slow, she's responded quite quickly to the LST and the side branches are coming through

large.5bbe9d4d13906_p1day39(2)R.jpglarge.5bbe9d68719b5_p1day39R.jpg

Gorilla
This one was affected quite quickly with Mg def, the lights out temps had taken a tumble to 17 one day so I put it down to that and started feeding low doses of calmag as mentioned above, so as not to overdo it. I pruned the affected leaves, main stem leaves from node 1, 2 and 3. Left a couple of lower leaves that were slightly affected so that I could monitor it and it hasn't spread any further, job's a good un. I've decided to feed 1/4ml/L HE with every feed from now because this is the first time I've ever mixed coco with compost (apart from outdoors) but I understand that K in coco can rob the Mg so I'm not taking more chances even if Canna have washed the coco and buffered it!

large.5bbe9d81c628a_gorilladay39(2)R.jpglarge.5bbe9d998b8a9_gorilladay39R.jpg

Sweet deep grapefruit
Loving this plant

large.5bbe9dbb51fc7_sdgday39(2)R.jpglarge.5bbe9dd4c1451_sdgday39R.jpg

Early amnesia cbd

large.5bbe9dfad1be3_eacbdday39(2)R.jpglarge.5bbe9e196d7e4_eacbdday39R.jpg

Cali hash plant
Very stocky strong girl she is

large.5bbe9f53591c6_chpday39(2)R.jpglarge.5bbe9f6a93f56_chpday39R.jpg

Pak
She's been a nightmare from the start, mutating and topping herself, and then being very fussy with feed and watering. Just about taking off now though with the fresh growth being ok. Glad I kept her anyway.

large.5bbe9f9fbf3d3_pakday52R.jpglarge.5bbe9fb7e8bab_pakday52(2)R.jpg

And the usual group shot.

large.5bbe9fe191aab_groupday39and52R.jpg

They're starting to spread their arms now and fill the space under one lamp so I reckon I'll fire the other CMH up at the weekend or possibly sooner, so I can spread them out to fill the tent. Then another week under both lamps before flowering :) That will be 3 weeks in their finals, 7 weeks total veg. 9 for the Pak.

Happy gardening and thanks for reading :)

• Like 8

@jadenugs All looking good in here as usual dude.

After much experimenting I too top at the 3rd node. First time I did it it looked brutal and I thought I fucked the plant up but I do find I usually end up with 4 nice colas on the plant.

Good luck with the new CMH lights, I would like to upgrade but it’s too expensive at the moment for me.

Keep up the good work dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

@Smokebelch Cheers dude.

Apparently it is recommended not to top any lower than the 3rd node, I read somewhere. I can't remember if a reason was mentioned but I would have thought it might mess the auxins up, ie, there might not be enough auxins produced that low in the plant to sustain the growth momentum, dunno? 3rd node works good for me and allows me to see how the plant responds at an early stage. Remo#2 in my Remo grow shot 6 nice even branches up, she must have had a good amount of auxins to share between the 6 growing tips. I'm still waiting to see how the branches from these do at the lowest nodes. Not as good as the Remo up to press lol so they might be getting lopped off soon to divert the energy to the 4 main branches.

Anyway, the Pak topped herself at the 2nd node. She's very slow to get going anyway but at least all four branches have eventually grown into potential colas :)

6 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

Good luck with the new CMH lights, I would like to upgrade but it’s too expensive at the moment for me.

The CMH are great dude but I'm still getting used to them. I've found 24" to be a sweet spot when the plants are about 3 or 4 weeks old, then allow them to grow closer and get used to the intensity in their own time.

• Like 3