6 plant 6 strain grow

jadenugs

@samhigh Cheers dude, I've heard of it but not sure if I've read it. Does he grow to the 5th or 6th, cut back to the 4th, then remove the 1st and 3rd, leaving 2 and 4? Or is that a mainlining thread I'm getting mixed up with? I'll have a look anyway ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jadenugs said:

@samhigh Cheers dude, I've heard of it but not sure if I've read it. Does he grow to the 5th or 6th, cut back to the 4th, then remove the 1st and 3rd, leaving 2 and 4? Or is that a mainlining thread I'm getting mixed up with? I'll have a look anyway ;)

nugs he grows to the 5th or 6th node, then cuts back above the second node to get four main colas, great for light penetration and you can use the top you cut off for a clone. great read

sam

• Like 2

Had a read. I think I prefer to top at the 3rd and that gives me the choice of 6 if the bottom 2 work out ok. Otherwise, if I top at the 2nd and the 1st node is shit, then I'm only left with 2 and have to top again for 4.

Cheers Sam :smoke:

• Like 4

On 12/10/2018 at 5:29 PM, jadenugs said:

Had a read. I think I prefer to top at the 3rd and that gives me the choice of 6 if the bottom 2 work out ok. Otherwise, if I top at the 2nd and the 1st node is shit, then I'm only left with 2 and have to top again for 4.

Cheers Sam :smoke:

Why don't you do a bit of testing brother. Top some at node 3-4 others at node 5-6? Would let you see the difference and if any possible advantages  ;)

Nice to read that you jumped on the cal/mag deficiency with the Gorilla  ;)

Everything looks healthy and strong ;)

Keep up the great work :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

I have experimented with topping at lots of different nodes over the years and I have settled on topping at the 3rd node basically for the same reasons as Jadenugs does. 

• Like 3

On 15/10/2018 at 1:35 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Top some at node 3-4 others at node 5-6? Would let you see the difference and if any possible advantages 

Hi mate

After we spoke about it before, I was thinking of topping the Purps#1 just before flowering to see if the side branches would take most of the stretch. However I don't think this pheno will stretch much  so I decided to lst to slow her down less but still give her the chance to branch out. I might try a comparison sometime in the fture doing like you say ;) Cheers for the input dude :yep:

• Like 2

Day 46 and 59 update

This update was for up until Wednesday but I've only just got round to posting.

Since the last update the Ea cbd decided she wanted to run away from the others so she had her 4 main tops supercropped with a definite snap of the stems. She was back upright the next day so was then tied down.

Fired the other lamp up so I could spread the plants out to fill the tent.
The SDG and the EA cbd were moved to the back with the Gorilla under the 942 CMH bulb, the Pak and Purps#1 moved to the front next to the Cali hash plant under the 930 agro CMH, hoping that the blue light will keep the back 3 down and the redder light will maybe stretch the Pak and P#1 a bit. Way to many umols for them at this stage in this space and they were drooping after about 14-15 hours into the 18 hour cycle so I shut the 930 down again when I realised what was happening.

Feed had been 1/4ml Humboldt Equilibrium, 1/4ml Bio Silicon and 1/4ml Fishmix per litre and the fishmix was upped to 1/2ml on Tusday, also the BS was replaced with 1/2 ml seaweed. Drinking 1.3L every 1 1/2 to 2 days except the P#1 on 900ml.
They'd also had a couple of foliars, one of 2ml/L SW and one of 2ml SW, 1ml Calmag and 1ml PM organic grow.

Temps 22-28
Roots 23-26
RH 41-80 (the 80 is a spike after feeding) Sitting at 50.

Some pics.

Sweet deep grapefruit

large.5bcd054418360_sdgday46(2)R.jpglarge.5bcd055f0905c_sdgday46R.jpg

Early amnesia cbd

large.5bcd05867dd92_eacbdday46(2)R.jpglarge.5bcd05a2264f1_eacbdday46R.jpg

Gorilla

large.5bcd05bf27f63_gorilladay46(2)R.jpglarge.5bcd05df21fbf_gorilladay46R.jpg

Pak day 59

large.5bcd05f866f9c_pakday59(2)R.jpglarge.5bcd061bb9217_pakday59R.jpg

Purps#1

large.5bcd06447594e_purps1day46(2)R.jpglarge.5bcd065e276a0_purps1day46R.jpg

Cali hash plant

large.5bcd067a7e231_chpday46(2)R.jpglarge.5bcd0697d8f40_chpday46R.jpg

Group shot

large.5bcd06b151d52_groupday46and59R.jpg

I planned on Saturday at 49 and 62 days to change the timers. I'm really looking forward to these lot flowering and seeing what they can do.

Happy gardening and thanks for looking :)

• Like 8

So the timers were changed on Saturday night and the 930 fired back up, with the plants being 49 days old and the Pak 62. Seems like an eternity since I popped that Pak bean but here we are again, time for her to do her stuff :)

Feed on Wednesday was 1.3L with 1/2ml/L HE, 1/4ml/L BS and 1ml/L FM. The last feed on Fri was 1ml/L HE and 1.5ml/L FM. This was only 1L because the pots were still a bit heavy but I didn't want to leave them til the next day. Pak was even heavier so never got fed at all. When I'd introduced the other lamp earlier in the week and gave them too much light intensity, making them droop,  it had slowed their drinking down.

The stats on Saturday night when I flipped them were:

Temps 21-26
Roots 23-25
Rh 42-81

I took some more pics on Saturday so I can see how much they stretch in flower.
Here they are.

Sweet deep grapefruit

large.5bcd08521039e_Sdgday49R.jpg

Early amnesia cbd

large.5bcd0868a7777_Eacbdday49R.jpg

Gorilla

large.5bcd0880897e5_Gorilladay49R.jpg

Pak

large.5bcd089796595_Pakday62R.jpg

Purps#1

large.5bcd08b48acf6_Purps1day49R.jpg

Cali hash plant

large.5bcd08d290e6e_Chpday49R.jpg

Group shot

large.5bcd08eb66082_Groupday49and62R.jpg

Another group shot from lower down to better judge the stretch against the tent bracing.

large.5bcd0904ab10d_Groupday49and62(2)R.jpg

Time now to see how this multi strain grow reacts in flower :yahoo:  should be fun.

Happy cultivating and thanks for looking :)

• Like 10

:cheers:@botanics mucker :)

Very slow from the start these were (my fault) but they've pulled round nicely, ready for the bloom.

I just wish I could have got the Pak a little bigger before switching but I couldn't wait any longer and let the others get any taller. Plus they've been in the finals 3 weeks.

• Like 3

By the sound of things the girls have been playing "musical chairs" over the last week. With a multiple strain grow your going to get not some but a lot of variance :yep:

Now the girls are in New positions and the timer has been flipped to 12/12. Let the fun begin  :bong:

This is going to be a blast  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

By the sound of things the girls have been playing "musical chairs" over the last week.

They sure have buddy, and the good news is the Purps#1 has taken a little stretch to catch the Pak and Chp a bit :) She is turning into a beautiful plant. To say I nearly binned her and started again because the cotyledons wouldn't open, I'm glad I didn't! Same with the mutated self topping Pak. The Purps has some massive 9 fingered leaves now and the dark hue on her is looking great. Gonna be some very pretty good nugs on her I reckon, if I can keep her healthy. She's becoming my fave plant ;)

• Like 3