6 plant 6 strain grow

jadenugs

@jadenugs

It's always a pleasure to catch up with your grow diary :) , everything is looking tip top / picture of health for 3 weeks into bloom.

Is that a heater or dehumidifier strapped to your groom wall ?,  if you stare at it long enough - it has a face lol .

Funny that about seeds as opposed to mothers  - I have got some regulars in now, hopefully I will discover something good.

Good luck with the rest of this grow, you'll get some cracking photos from the bunch of strains you got, beautiful gardening.

twoscoops 

• Like 6

@jadenugs thanks for the diary link pal. That diary has been my reading between jobs this morning.

Sounds like the CHP got good feedback so I’m interested to see it perform indoors for you:hippy:

• Like 3

@twoscoops :cheers: man.

Yeah I see the face lol It's a 3 speed fan with a carbon filter and a neg ion generator. The filter is removed and the ion switch off as I'm just using it to circulate the air in the tent. The air is drawn in from the top so it can sit against the tent wall no probs and it works well on the lowest setting mostly. Sometimes I'll knock it onto 2 if humidity is high ;) Might need it on 3 if these colas get fat but they'll be ready about xmas when the air is cold.

I have reg beans that I've been itching to start but they won't be getting started until next year after summer. Been enjoying the ease of fems for a while now but I miss growing out regular seeds. Got Ratdog's Smellyberry F2s, Ugorg Honeybadger, Disco biscuit, Killer skunk and Blues. Bit bored of Blues now but I've got my own F2 hacks of blues and Noname and IIRC bot some Blues x Noname.

Thanks for the good kind comments dude, appreciated :)

@Rick Grimes no probs mate, glad it was of some use. From his diary it sounds like he grew it previously and got better results. I would have liked to have grown it in it's natural structure without topping but with doing 6 strains I thought better of it, in case I got a tall pheno. Turns out, it's hardly stretched at all lol

The CHP is stacking up nicely for her age and the smell is very strong pineapple at the minute. Very easy to grow so far and isn't greedy ;)

• Like 4

Day 28 bloom

Hello 420, it was the 4 week mark yesterday and my girls are happy enough, so that means I am too :)

I've been removing a few fan leaves from the middles of the Pak and the CHP to allow some light to the lower buds. Also removed a few random ones from the Purps#1, not many though. The back 3 haven't been touched (apart from the odd yellow bottom leaf on the EAcbd and Gorilla), their structures are nice for light penetration as far as I'm concerned.

The lamps were as high as they'd go, with ratchets removed for the 3 weeks of stretch but as the stretch stopped I decided to start lowering the lamps steadily. The first drop was 7" on Tesday as I put the ratchets in place and the EAcbd was moved to the outside as she's a bit taller than the Gorilla. The rear lamp was then lowered another 2-3 "  and has been left at about 18-20" from the nearest top. It'll stay there now so as not to lose the spread. The front lamp has been lowered 2-3" another couple of times and will be lowered some more until it's sitting about the same distance from the highest top of the front three, 18-20". That's about all I've done. I was gonna spread the branches out a bit on the CHP with some bracing but I haven't bothered. I think I'll just leave her as is from now and keep turning her on her axis so light can get to the inner sides of the colas evenly, with the middle fans removed. This is where I miss my big old Grostar parabolic for directing the light straight down the middles of the plants. I have actually thought of converting it so I can hang 2 cmh bulbs about a 1/3rd out each, from the middle where the HPS would normally hang. Not sure how effective that would be. Changing lamp fixtures in and out of my tent is a pain, as it backs against a wall and the the cable sock is at the back. I don't have much room to feed the cables around the back of the tent without standing on my electrical connections, contactor etc.

Environment
Still going good with no problems. No big rise in temps from lowering the lamps.

Temps 21-25
Roots 23=26
RH    48-68, sitting at 52

Feed
Feeds have been slightly different for some plants and it gets a bit confusing as you know lol So I'll write down the feeds for each plant above their pics.

Starting with Sweet deep grapefruit.
Mon: 1.7L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2ml Bl and 1.5ml FM
Wed: 1.7L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 1.5ml FM
Fri: 1.7L with 0.25ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 1.25ml FM

large.5bf1ab4047051_Sweetdeepgrapefruitday28(2)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ab4fa5b13_Sweetdeepgrapefruitday28(1)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ab5e7bd5b_Sweetdeepgrapefruitday28(3)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ab6e28e39_Sweetdeepgrapefruitday28(4)ER.jpg

Gorilla
Same feeds as the SDG

large.5bf1ac9cd5514_Gorilladay28(1)ER.jpglarge.5bf1acae07fe2_Gorilladay28(4)ER.jpglarge.5bf1acbd038d5_Gorilladay28(3)ER.jpglarge.5bf1acd43a3c1_Gorilladay28(2)ER.jpg

Early amnesia cbd
Mon: 1.7L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2ml Bl and 2ml FM
Wed: 1.7L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 2ml FM
Fri: 1.7L containing 0.25ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 1.25ml FM
Big fans were paling so I upped the FM, small newer leaves got dark so I lowered it again. I'm not wanting to put too much N in during flowering so I'll just watch her. If she starts yellowing quickly and dropping leaves I'll up the FM again and lower the bloom. Could do with the bloom being as high as possible though for the next couple of weeks as I don't use boosters.

large.5bf1ad1385a39_EAcbdday28(1)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ad24738af_EAcbdday28(2)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ad34123d0_EAcbdday28(4)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ad44582e6_EAcbdday28(3)ER.jpg

Indica crew to follow.

With the extra pics I'm posting this week I can't fit them all in one post :)

• Like 10

Pak
Not doing too bad now I got the watering right. She's been struggling for N and Mg a little but I'm putting it down to root damage from earlier overwatering. I'd lowered the MC+ at the same time as the others but raised it again slightly and raised the FM just to make sure she's getting enough.

Mon: 800ml containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2ml Bl and 2ml FM
Wed: 800ml containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 2ml FM
Fri: 800ml containing 0.75ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 1.25ml FM

large.5bf1ad6e4cbd3_Pakday28(1)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ad7d2436b_Pakday28(2)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ad903694c_Pakday28(4)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ada231194_Pakday28(3)ER.jpg

Purps#1
She's just flirting along doing her own thing, no bother at all.
I can smell a bit of baby sick, then fresh cut grass,then watermelon. Can't make my mind up, she's complex in the smell dept.

Mon: 1.4L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2ml Bl and 1.5ml FM
Wed: 1.4L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 1.5ml FM
Fri: 1.4L containing 0.25ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 1.25ml FM

large.5bf1adcf66162_Purps1day28(1)ER.jpglarge.5bf1adde47846_Purps1day28(4)ER.jpglarge.5bf1adef0cc71_Purps1day28(2)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ae01d91a3_Purps1day28(3)ER.jpg

California hash plant
She went really dark on the same fismix as the others so the FM has been lowered over the last couple of feeds.
She had her feed volume lowered for the last two feeds as the pot was still a bit heavy at watering time.
I mentioned in an earlier post she smelled of tropical fruit but I couldn't decide on what at the time. Well she now smells of the strongest pineapple I've ever smelled in a ganja plant, smells absolutely delicious.

Mon: 1.7L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2ml Bl and 1.5ml FM
Wed: 1.5L containing 0.5ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 1ml FM
Fri: 1.5? containing 0.25ml/L MC+, 2.5ml Bl and 0.75ml FM

large.5bf1ae2f2a4b5_Calihashplantday28(1)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ae450607d_Calihashplantday28(2)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ae53bb2de_Calihashplantday28(3)ER.jpglarge.5bf1ae629f057_Calihashplantday28(4)ER.jpg

Group shot back under the lamps. I think I'll try and catch them just before lights on for the next update. These lights on pics don't do them justice.
Back L to R are SDG, Gorilla and EAcbd
Front L to R are Pak, P#1 and CHP

large.5bf1ae8ae60c6_Groupday28ER.jpg

Thanks for looking in, happy growing and be lucky :yep:

• Like 13

@jadenugs Back with another super detailed update :yep:

Considering you have 6 very different strains going in the tent I'm very impressed at how well you have managed to keep that canopy under control :yep: .

The defoliation has been done at the perfect time. This will aid in more airflow and free up some energy for the remaing plant and also allow for deeper light penetration into those lower budsites  :yep:

Now you've got the feeding right for pak she looks back on track. She can be a fussy lady but well worth that extra bit of effort :)

Thanks for such a detailed update mate. I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Considering you have 6 very different strains going in the tent I'm very impressed at how well you have managed to keep that canopy under control :yep: .

Cheers mate, I think for anyone looking to buy CMH, two single fixtures are the better choice in a 120 x 120 than a single 630W double bulb reflector. Last grow I left them right at the top and they did ok. This time they're being lowered at different levels to suit the tall and the short :) We'll see how it goes. The front lamp is in it's final position now, quite a bit lower than the back but still getting good overlap of the blue and red bulb across all plants :yep:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jadenugs said:

than a single 630W double bulb reflector.

Would this be a double ended 315w fixture brother? I've seen hps double ended but not CMH. Interesting :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Would this be a double ended 315w fixture brother? I've seen hps double ended but not CMH. Interesting :)

All the best 

Mark..

Hi Mark, I'm talking about a twin fixture/reflector that houses 2 bulbs, not a double ended bulb, if that's what you were thinking? :) Sorry if my explanation was misleading mate.

Reason I mentioned it is, the twin reflector kits from Maxigrow go for £450 and the single kits for £250 so it's tempting to go for the twin and save 50 quid. My multi strain grow with different stretches is a prime example of why not to go with the cheaper less versatile option, just for the benefit of new growers. I had originally planned on the LEC parabolic reflectors but they were out of stock everywhere and I was in a rush due to my HPS ballast blowing. And then I still ended up flowering under a Viparspectra 900 and HPS 400 for the remainder of the grow because there was a delay, so could have waited for the good reflectors haha :D

• Like 3

Day 36 update

Hi all
Well it seems trying to keep the N to a minimum in flower whilst growing in a 1/3rd coco mix was the wrong decision lol First time I've tried it so it's a learning curve for me :) I knew they'd need more feed than in straight compost but never expected they'd need as much N in bloom, lesson learnt. I'd noticed the Early amnesia cbd taking a lot from her fan leaves last week and planned on upping the fishmix and lowering bloom feed. It accelerated quickly though through that one, the Gorilla, Cali hash plant and Sweet deep grapefruit. I should have acted earlier. Never mind, the buds are good. I just need to balance the feeds better from now on and I'm hoping it will be easier now they're past the 5 week mark. We'll see lol

Pak is quite steady now with the feed and she's packing on the trichomes, the P#1 decided to get hungry for Mg. Saturday night I  couldn't be arsed with all the different levels so I had a reset and gave them all the same. The CHP had been on lower fishmix than the others because the new leaves were so dark, then she decides to go mad for N. Gave her the same as the others last night and her tips burned.
My water is hard so I've been using the MC+ sparingly but it hasn't been enough Mg without OD'ing on Ca. So I've fucked the Magnecal+ off and gave them all some Epsom salts last night. Maybe it's been too much Ca locking out the N or maybe it's just with mixing coco and not making enough adjustments to suit :wallbash:

Feed
They were still on varied feeds for most of the week until I did the reset.
Last one was 2.5ml/L Epsom salts, 2.5ml bloom and 2ml fishmix for all plants.
SDG, Gorilla and EAcbd 1.8L, P#1 and CHP 1.4L and Pak 900ml.

Temps 20-24
Roots 21-25
RH    38-59, sitting at 47

Enough waffle, here's the pics

Sweet deep grapefruit

large.5bfb74136c5a9_sdgday36(1)ER.jpglarge.5bfb74228c724_sdgday36(3)ER.jpglarge.5bfb7448d3bd6_sdgday36(5)ER.jpglarge.5bfb745b35a58_sdgday36(4)ER.jpglarge.5bfb746accc93_sdgday36(6)ER.jpg

Gorilla
Gonna need some support soon this one

large.5bfb748d0edef_gorilladay36(1)ER.jpglarge.5bfb749dbf34b_gorilladay36(4)ER.jpglarge.5bfb74b52586c_gorilladay36(5)ER.jpglarge.5bfb74c7f16ec_gorilladay36(3)ER.jpg

Early Amnesia cbd

large.5bfb750bd5499_eacbdday36(1)ER.jpglarge.5bfb7520255a2_eacbdday36(2)ER.jpglarge.5bfb753620fd5_eacbdday36(6)ER.jpglarge.5bfb7544e75e9_eacbdday36(4)ER.jpg

• Like 8

Pak
Very frosty for 5 weeks

large.5bfb756eaf922_pakday36(1)ER.jpglarge.5bfb75845330b_pakday36(2)ER.jpglarge.5bfb7598353f4_pakday36(4)ER.jpg

Purps#1
Getting nice and fat

large.5bfb75c6cc64e_p1day36(1)ER.jpglarge.5bfb75dc9391c_p1day36(5)ER.jpglarge.5bfb75f1d056e_p1day36(4)ER.jpg

Cali hash plant
Major yellowing low down but hopefully I've sorted it

large.5bfb760f5659d_chpday36(1)ER.jpglarge.5bfb762258fd7_chpday36(4)ER.jpglarge.5bfb7632a93b3_chpday36(3)ER.jpglarge.5bfb7646b1f3b_chpday36(2)ER.jpg

Managed to get the group shot just before lights on

large.5bfb76a91daac_groupER.jpg

Thanks for looking and be lucky :yep:

• Like 10

As I would expect from a @jadenugs grow things look in great shape  :yep:

Buds are getting fat and trichome production looks amazing  ;)

Looking good brother and showing a very nice selection of our strains well into bloom :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5

@jadenugs Looking great us usual dude, it’s pity about the yellowing but you are experimenting with a new compost and coco mix so I guess it’s a new learning curve for you. 

The buds look awesome and a nice selection too, I have a pack of Cali Hash Plant here and your pineapple description makes me want to grow some out ASAP.

Good luck with the rest of flowering dude.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

I have a pack of Cali Hash Plant here and your pineapple description makes me want to grow some out ASAP.

Yeah, very pineapple dude, at least this pheno is ;) What's your views on the SDG you did, was it a nice vape? Can't remember if you did a report on it. It's been my favourite plant out of this lot for the whole grow so far. Gorilla is turning into a nice plant these last few days though and I'm taking a shine to her lol

Thanks for the comments lads :)

• Like 2