Diy Led Lighting (F-series samsung strips)

Key

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All

Have got a few of these strips. Am happy enough with the build, but could someone please confirm this is the right driver for a three strip build, Thank you

HLG-185H-48B

LED Driver, 187.2 W, 48 V, 3.9 A, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, 90 V

large_Led.jpg

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

That will work yes but if you want the option of dimming (with external dimming switch) go for the AB variety rather than B. 

You can dim the B but you have to use the internal screw and its a bit of a pain in the ass and harder to set how you want it. 

The AB allows more convenience. 

Iirc

Regards dodge

• Like 3

Hi @Dodgee Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought I remembered from last time

I have an XLG200AB for my Scopes so definitely want the "easy" dimming 

There don't seem to be any AB's in the UK, would rather not import if possible

But in the pics the HLG B has the two tails like the AB, is this not for the dimmer pot thing?

Atb:oldtoker:

If its got the 2 tails then yeah one should be for the dimmer, it maybe both the B and AB that have them then..?

Maybe it's just the A that doesn't. 

I know the AB definitely have the external dimmer though. 

Bests

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

Having some troubles with my custom

Samsung strip build I can't get it to go over 22w no mat what I do. I've just all the switches in the driver and dimmer is on max.  How I thought if be able to get this upto about 100w. 

This is the build and how it's wired, any ideas on how to get more W. 

large.IMG_20210220_120150_copy_1728x2304.jpglarge.IMG_20210220_114849_copy_1728x2304.jpglarge.IMG_20210220_115030_copy_1728x2304.jpglarge.IMG_20210220_134159_copy_1728x2304.jpglarge.IMG_20210220_135013_copy_1728x2304.jpglarge.IMG_20210317_123726_copy_1728x2304.jpg

All help really appreciated, I've got some5 day old  ladies under it atm and I should think they want some more juice. 

@Key @Dodgee    @Kickstand.  Help any one. thanks. 

Edited by growinggold

@somelad you was bang on buddy. I've cut the potentiometer off and left bare wires and it's now gives out 160w which dimmed down in the driver screw to 60. Did I have the wrong potentiometer or have it wired wrong. On the potentiometer it has 3 solder slots I only used two as I only had two cables and used 1 side and the middle slot. Thanks. All. 

• Like 2

It might be wired up wrong to the potentiometer or it could be the wrong rating or type, might be worth asking @diyleduk as i built my bridgelux eb gen 2 one a while ago now

• Like 2

I think u need a linear taper one off the top of my head, Or have a read on ledgardner it should be on there. Try the wires on the other way, u use the middle one and one of the outer ones 

Edited by somelad
Info
  • Like 1

@someladyeah I did have it's wired correctly. The one I was using was from mouser: part code. P164k101pnn20b103.

Think I need to get this;

B100k split shaft linear rotary potentiometer from Spartan music for £2.15 each..

What that be correct? 

Was I using a 10 and not 100? Fuck knows. I like wood not wires. 

• Like 1