Diy Led Lighting (F-series samsung strips)

Key

I think i used a 10k pot, but im using a trp led driver not the meanwell hlg ones, but 100k sounds familiar.

Just realized u have got the ab driver so u could just keep using the internal one and plug the driver into a watt meter:smokin:

• Like 1

Ideally I'd love a dimmer. But for the time being I've wrapped the wires in tape and crammed them back in the box in connected (hope this is safe) and will be using the screw head dimer with in the driver. Thanks @somelad

• Like 1

If you have got any spare wagos might be safer to put one on the ends and then into the box.

Ledgardner has loads of diy builds listed, might be worth a read of a few see if anyone is using the same driver as your build :bong:

Edited by somelad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, growinggold said:

Help any one. thanks. 

This is how i set mine up,  remove the dimmer and use the internal screw in the driver to cap the maximum wattage wanted, if you want 100w max use the screw and watt meter to set to 100w. Then you can attach the dimmer.

The potentiometer you want is a 'linear 100k potentiometer' attach wires the middle and left prong, 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Do they make these sort of strips in different lengths/shapes ? I want some about 250-300mm long. 

Not sure if make smaller than 560 on f series but here is smack dab in middle of your size request h-infux strips which are newer
SL-B8V2N70LAWW
https://www.digikey.co.uk/products/en?keywords=SL-B8V2N70LAWW

https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/samsung-semiconductor-inc/SL-B8R5C9H1AWW/1510-SL-B8R5C9H1AWW-ND/10284209

also a smasung horticulture board that size with more cool white spectrum and red diodes

SL-B8R5C9H1AWW

Edited by WhyNotEyy

Nice, thanks mate. Definitely going DIY for my next light. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed the newer Samsung pcb strips from Digikey have added a small leaf symbol for 'horticultural' strips and have added red diodes. Does this mean they're good for flowering? I've got strips that are 3000k colour, but these newer boards have 5150k colour diodes, surely better for vegging no? Unless the added red diodes mixed with the white 5150k's is the sweet spot? 

Has anyone flowered using these 5150K strips with added reds?

8 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I've noticed the newer Samsung pcb strips from Digikey have added a small leaf symbol for 'horticultural' strips and have added red diodes. Does this mean they're good for flowering? I've got strips that are 3000k colour, but these newer boards have 5150k colour diodes, surely better for vegging no? Unless the added red diodes mixed with the white 5150k's is the sweet spot? 

Has anyone flowered using these 5150K strips with added reds?

The Samsung horticulture strips arent any good for our use mate. Spectrums suited for green house supplement rather than full spectrum for our use.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I might share this here so people who know about this stuff might see it. Looking for input on some cheap/DIY lighting 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2021 at 9:19 AM, diyleduk said:

You need a 100k linear potentiometer :yep:

I'm just about to make an order on Digikey, which pot is the same as on the QX75 please?

12 hours ago, BASStard said:

I'm just about to make an order on Digikey, which pot is the same as on the QX75 please?

100k mono linear.

If you email me your addy ill send you one.

Edited by diyleduk
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, planning on building the 210w version soon. On the parts list the driver is the HLG-185H-48A. Am I right in thinking that to build it with an external dimmer I’d need the AB? Also, which part would I buy for the dimmer itself? Not too tech savvy really so if anyone could help that would be great. Already learned a lot from this thread. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Forum Folks,  I have some Samsung F series strips (4x SI-B8V521560WW and 3x B8V261560WW) and a couple of Meanwell drivers (1x HLG-240H-48A and 1x HLG 120H-48A). Tent is 80cm x 80cm x120cm with single plant

What would be best config/setup?  Is the stuff left over enough to rig up another light of some sort? Probably a bit of a noob question, to calculate the wattage of these strips I use the voltage forward x amp? (what/where is this number on the actual strip?) Sorry to be a ball-ache! 

N.B. 4x double strips are 46.0V/F and 3x single are 23.0V/F