Diy Led Lighting (F-series samsung strips)

Key

7 hours ago, Sossijsarny said:

No they are cheap fakes off alibaba. AVOID!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Interested in giving this a bash for my 60 x 120 x 180. Cannot find heatsinks though. Strips and drivers found no problem. Any helpful souls out there point me in the right direction ?

On 7/28/2018 at 3:05 PM, Key said:

Framework  you want 1/2” by 1” Unequal aluminium angle(Or whatever you can get. staiir nosing work great). For the length you need it a little smaller than your tent. So 60cm tent get 40cm angle. 1.2m tent get 1m angle. Just get it as big as possible.If your tent is 1.2m or bigger build it in two lights. Max spread is the game here. More points/angles of light over the area = “penetration”.

The metal work you can buy cut to order online, or a local shop will do you it cheaper. Heat sinks cost around £4-5 each and framework is a couple quid.

hey mate, 

nice guide, just wanted to know the reason as to using unequal aluminium as opposed to u channels/u frames? like in this guide

Edited by Golden Syrup
Off-site links

Just ordered all the bits to run a single strip, using a HLG-60H-48A. Hopefully that’s the right one, it’s for a really small (almost micro) veg box. All in cost was £85, if it all goes well I might build a 150w for my growdrobe!

• Like 1

On 31/08/2018 at 10:18 PM, Sinbud said:

Interested in giving this a bash for my 60 x 120 x 180. Cannot find heatsinks though. Strips and drivers found no problem. Any helpful souls out there point me in the right direction ?

Come on lads and lasses.... even a search term would help, ive tried searching under the measurements for the heatsink and get sweet fa returned. Usually a resourceful chap but this is doing my nut in 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sinbud said:

Come on lads and lasses.... even a search term would help, ive tried searching under the measurements for the heatsink and get sweet fa returned. Usually a resourceful chap but this is doing my nut in 

You need aluminium U channel in the sizes specified, to use as a heat sink, I ordered 45 x 25 U channel, 2.5mm thick in 1m length.

eBay item 262725531977

• Like 2

Hi i have looked around for 18 to 20 awg gauge solid core wire but can't seem to find other than either the other side of timbuktu or alternatively can only find bulk buys of it .So my big question i hope you can spare me an answer for is ... will 22 or 23 awg be ok to use  ? Or can anyone direct me to any 18 or 20 please .May seem a daft question to those in the know but i arnt !!! So many thanks if you can give me an answer .Much respect Stew 

Edited by figgystew

10 hours ago, Donkeybong said:

@figgystew I just used some 1.5mm twin and earth for mine. Just make sure it’s a solid core, which most is. 

hey mate ,

can you explain why to use unequal aluminimum? bit lost at this part. 

• Like 1

Hi i have looked around for 18 to 20 awg gauge solid core wire but can't seem to find other than either the other side of timbuktu or alternatively can only find bulk buys of it .So my big question i hope you can spare me an answer for is ... will 22 or 23 awg be ok to use ? May seem a daft question to those in the know but i arnt !!! So many thanks if you can give me an answer .Much respect Stew  .

Edited by figgystew

One thing i have done in my build that might interest some is use a slate heatsink that come from alibabas designed to go with the bogus QB boards .There double slates intended for 2 288 qb board and there's a guy on eBay selling them on there own .He has them advertised at 50 squid but i offered 30 which he accepted and will make a good sink for 3 or 4 strips .Im mounting 3 strips which will also leave some scope for adding some additional mono's at a latter date .Pwrhaps a little more pricey than the u tube and frame but will make a tidy alternative imo .