Inside the HSO hive

Update week 3 (21 days) 12/12 from last Sunday. 

All the plants are on 3ml/l bloom now and have had a 1ml dose of calmag, a couple of non HSO are looking like they need a bit more so I'll give them a higher dose next feed from a different watering can. 

Will up the bloom to 4ml/l if no burn shows on 3ml.

Temps are looking great with the top buds not getting above 23.6°C as I'm continually adjusting the lights. Humidity is a different matter, outside the tent has been up to 81%! I'm going to move the monitor to inside the tent this week now that the flowers are developing... 

Ewe-2

Looking very healthy with no issues, buds forming nicely and getting loads of trichs!

She's going to be needing the fan leaves taking off again soon but I'm trying to leave it as long as possible without shading too many bud sites. 

large.15294376771981-01.jpeg

Black D.O.G 

Again looking very healthy and although not as frosty as above, she stinks! 

Same with the fan leaves, I'm tucking them out the way as best as I can. 

large.15294376772492-01.jpeg

I'll be looking at finish times now to try and work out when I'll need to start flushing :D

• Like 5

8 hours ago, beezee said:

I'm going to move the monitor to inside the tent this week now that the flowers are developing... 

Good call brother :bong:

Would be a real shame to lose any yield to the dreaded "budrot"  ;)

Both strains look to be doing exceedingly well and bud production from both strains is comparable. Both look to be on a similar bud production phase which should see both strains finishing around the same time  :headbang:

I would give it 5-7 more days then remove some of those big fan leaves so that energy will get diverted just in time as they are ready to explode  :yep:

Looking good in here mate but I expect nothing else  :yep:

Will keep dropping in brother  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

Cheers mark, I'm not sure I'll be able to do much of the humidity does rise too high. I have a veg/pollen cab in the same room, so my intake is away from that and if I turn my extract fan any higher I'd have to open the tent "windows"... Don't really want a fully seeded crop lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beezee said:

Cheers mark, I'm not sure I'll be able to do much of the humidity does rise too high. I have a veg/pollen cab in the same room, so my intake is away from that and if I turn my extract fan any higher I'd have to open the tent "windows"... Don't really want a fully seeded crop lol

As you know this time of year can be tough on the indoor grower. In the UK we are not well equipped for warm weather and high humidity which I feel makes the UK a tougher climate to grow in both indoors and out :yep:

You'll do fine brother.  This is not your first rodeo  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Lookin good @beezee

Ive had a touch of calmag issues this time round too.. Mine hit very late flower and i havent got any epsom salta yet lol

What Sort of smells are you getting frpm the tent mate? 

Atb

JJ

• Like 3

Cheers @JamJar I've got killer skunk at the front, so as soon as I do anything that's all I can smell. I did have a whiff of the bd, and it is very smelly, but I couldn't tell you what of yet. 

• Like 2

On 24/06/2018 at 1:47 PM, beezee said:

Cheers @JamJar I've got killer skunk at the front, so as soon as I do anything that's all I can smell. I did have a whiff of the bd, and it is very smelly, but I couldn't tell you what of yet. 

Those smells will start to develope in the coming weeks brother and your in for a treat with the black d.o.g and ewe2 is proving very popular :yep:

Until next time  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

Here's the update! 

So I missed last week, things were a bit hectic at home but sorted now. 

Right week 5 of flower then, nearly time to start flushing :D

Temps are good, not dropping below 20° in the tent, flowers at 23-26° and roots holding at 19-20°

Humidity has also been excellent at 35-48%, high is straight after watering. 

Black D.O.G 

This is a stunning plant, I'm getting deep berry aromas from her now, she got great structure and the stretch is very manageable. 

She still on 3ml/l bloom and drinking a good amount at a very predictable rate. 

Pistils are beginning to brown off a bit, but I'll push her as far as I can for a nice couch lock :D

large.15305636111260.jpglarge.15305636114381.jpg

Ewe-2 is a much more compact plant and would really suit a SOG grow, she's a heavy feeder but only sips at it going 3 days between waterings with the same 3ml/l as BD 

Can't remember the aroma of this one as I haven't given it a sniff for a long time, I'll try and remember tonight. 

large.15305636275832.jpglarge.15305636276163.jpg

Here's a shot of the full tent, you'll notice in down to 5 plants in there as the s6 hermies on me and pollinated itself. Luckily it looks like there's only a few seeds here and there on other plants. 

So killer skunk at the front, HSO in the middle and critical Cheese at the back 

large.15305636379354.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, beezee said:

So I missed last week, things were a bit hectic at home but sorted now. 

Not a problem brother we all have lives which do get crazy from time to time  :yep:

Glad you found the time to update mate and I must say both the black d.o.g and ewe2 are looking spectacular  :bong:

They are stacking on some serious weight just like a fat kid in a candy store lol

Trichome coverage is impressive also :yep:

As always @beezee Thanks for the update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

I think it's just that pheno @Key I know someone else growing the same cut indoors and it happened to them too. Serious do advise that 1 in 50 can hermie I think. 

• Like 1