Inside the HSO hive

Not quite last night, but this is good going for me lol

So I got in the tent this morning and adjusted the other cobs, I'm now running at 360W :D

I also sexed the regs and removed males, there will be 7 girls being flowered this run in 5l pots. I'll try and pot up tonight in I have time, but I expect it'll be tomorrow morning. Then a week or 2 in finals before I take cuts and flower :)

Here's the pics I promised then... 

large.15268951907263.jpglarge.15268951906282.jpg

large.15268951707091.jpglarge.15268951706050.jpg

They've been started on canna terra Vega at 2 ml/l and maxicrop seaweed at the recommended dose (can't remember what that is). 

Temps have been great with this warm weather, lows of 19.3° and highs of 25.5° humidity is looking good at around 50% too.

Till the next time... 

• Like 3

The sexing was nice and fast mate :)

With the males removed and lighting regime switched from 18/6 to GLR this should let the girls veg for a couple more weeks to get there structure sorted then flower time :)

Things are looking great in the "Hive"

Thanks for the update brother. Next task pot up :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

@beezee

Plants are looking lovely & nice set up, I have heard of the GLR but never seen it put into practice. Interesting stuff :yep:.

twoscoops ..

• Like 3

@twoscoops The GLR has been around for many years and was a tech my dad used frequently  ;)

Stay tuned I'm sure @beezee Will give his feedback on how he things this lighting regime work's  :)

@beezee is this your first time running your lights on the GLR? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

Cheers @HSO-Mark I've come down with dose of man flu, so everything is on a go slow for the moment. As the lights won't be on again until 10PM I'll just have to do what I can before I fall asleep in mud lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

@beezee is this your first time running your lights on the GLR? 

Yes mate first time, really liking it too :)

No time to rest, I've got to go to a plot and water it in the morning... No rain since plant out :(

Edited by beezee
  • Like 3

Awesome work @beezee those plants look super stacked already... Really nice structure... There gonna be proper monsters :yep:

Super interested about GLR and the recovery period... Read up about it a while back and was considering it... But didn't have a tent up and running... Gluck with recovering form man flu after the watering chores! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beezee said:

Yes mate first time, really liking it too :)

No time to rest, I've got to go to a plot and water it in the morning... No rain since plant out :(

We have just had one crazy storm here in central UK. Only an hour of rain but should help  ;)

Rest up the best you can brother you have one crazy season ahead probably your most hectic to date :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

No rain here @HSO-Mark and I'm feeling a bit run down this morning. The wife has just gone out in the car too, so watering is going to have to wait. 

On the plus side, I got all the potting up done last night. If all goes well now, I'll start 12/12 in 10 days to 2 weeks. 

@MacGanja I'd defo recommend GLR! 

Before I forget, I measured the lux around the tent all at canopy level. Directly under the lights I was getting 49,000 lux going down to 42,000 lux furthest away. 

Also canopy leaf temps were 22 - 24°C with roots at 21°C :D

• Like 2

Here we are then, post pot up pics :)

large.15270182391420.jpglarge.15270182393251.jpg

I also topped everything in there to help them fill out a bit and keep the height down. 

Lights are currently at 20" above canopy with 2' headroom to play with... Next job is to clone the keepers. 

• Like 2

Alright, I've been wondering if I'd be able to hold these back for a full 2 weeks before flipping to flower. The answer was no lol

A couple of days ago I noticed roots of the bottom of the pots so I thought I better get them in shape for flowering!

large.15275120791231.jpglarge.15275120788870.jpg

That's them a couple of days ago and yesterday was day 1 of 12/12 :D

I'll be keeping an eye on the heights now and adjusting the lights when needed. 

• Like 2

Let's see how these 2 strains fair now that flower has started :)

Both strains Ewe2 and black dog are displaying a very indica dominant structure which is expected and will be very interesting to watch both these girls as they are now transitioning to bloom ;)

We have seen quite a lot of black d.o.g grows with each grow and growers very satisfied with the grow and the end product  :yep:

Now Ewe2, I've not seen many grows with this gem from the HSO menu so this is the one I'll be most interested in and can't wait to see how she does in @beezee garden now flower has begun  ;)

Looking really good brother :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Cheers @HSO-Mark this is where the balancing act begins... Behind the black dog is a critical Cheese (dinafem) and I'll bet you know they stretch a lot more than indica's :fear: 

There's also killer skunk too, not sure what they'll do as they've stayed pretty short so far... 

I've taken the top fan leaves off now too, I'm hoping the lower branches will reach up to level the canopy a bit. If not, then at least more light will get down there. 

I was speak to the guy that put the light rig together the other day and he says the spectrum I've got is very similar to cmh, interesting stuff! 

• Like 1

Sounds like things are going to get interesting mate and some juggling maybe needed ;)

You know critical cheese will stretch for the sky and from what I know about killer skunk (very limited knowledge) this strain has quite minimal stretch?

Will be interesting to see how this goes :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1