Inside the HSO hive

I'll be chopping up some timber to raise them up I think, got plenty lying around from an old project. 

• Like 2

Just caught up on this.. Looking real good Bz 

Do you still get alot of stretch with ur LEDs? My SMD LEDs dont let anything stretch lol

I have Some Lemon Thai Kush in the veg tent though.. Ive heard this may put it to the test :D

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

@beezee I didn't know this was your first LED only grow. You have used before with other hid lighting, Correct? (As supplemental)

This should be very interesting to see how the strains react with just LED lighting. From what I'm seeing LED has come on leaps and bounds in the last 3 years and I can see them replacing hps very soon ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

@HSO-Mark this'll be my first fully led grow, the last grow I did with the dinafem autos was started with dual spec hps until the new lights arrived about 4 weeks in. 

• Like 1

Ok, here's an update from Sunday which would've been 14 days 12/12.

The stretch has been minimal and quite even as @JamJar has noticed this could well be down to the leds. This gives me very valuable knowledge for my next grow ;)

So feeds, I have been gradually changing over to bloom and we are currently at 1.5ml/l of each and a 1ml/l dose of calmag once this week, nothing else needed with these canna nutes ;)

Next watering I'll phase out the grow a bit more going to 2ml bloom and 1ml grow, then dropping the grow completely. 

Temps have been very good with this nice weather. I use a laser type, to read different parts of the plants and pots, the very tops of the plants haven't gone above 26.2°C and the roots/pots are always around 22°C. At the moment I haven't been monitoring the RH, there's not much point, I know it's been high. 

Both plants had a good trim, with me taking most of the fan leaves off, but I can see there will be more work to do in another week or so. 

large.15288202939733.jpglarge.15288202938992.jpglarge.15288202826711.jpglarge.15288202825460.jpg

Gonna be keeping an eye for tip burn and bugs now :)

• Like 5

Nice update mate there coming along nicely :D i think this no stretch milarky could work in our favour now we are aware of it lol

Atb

JJ

• Like 3

Yes mate, I only have a 1.7m high tent so plant height is a real issue for me... But look at the plant behind the black dog, it's a Critical Cheese and although not under the lights directly it's still stretching for the sky! I've had to supercrop it lol so strain choice also plays a big part ;)

• Like 4

That LED looks to be working extremely well and without the critical cheese your managing to keep a nice even canopy  :yep:

With height being an issue you are 100% correct strain selection is even more important  ;)

Ewe 2 and black d.o.g looks uniquely suited for this style of growing and height restrictions  ;)  . I knew black d.o.g would stay low but not sure on the Ewe2. ;)

Thanks for the update brother I'll drop back in in the next  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Im in a 180 so in simular situation to you.. Although my lights are Super thin so i have a good 160 from light to floor which is around 1m to play with Taking into account distance from light.

lol i wish i had plants stretching for the sky.. I think my lankiest plant so far is Gorilla Girl by sweed seeds but everything else its like 6" stretch over two weeks lol

Do you move your plant around the tent? I only ask because my Gorilla Girl was at the back of the tent also.. Not directly under it. 

Atb

JJ

Edit. Ewe2 is that short for something or is it a strain ive missed? 

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 2

On 12/06/2018 at 7:04 PM, JamJar said:

Do you move your plant around the tent? I only ask because my Gorilla Girl was at the back of the tent also.. Not directly under it. 

Interesting question @beezee

@JamJar Ewe2 is a HSO strain brother  :bong:

More info here :)

https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/buy-cannabis-seeds/ewe-2/

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

Thanks for the link mark ive just read up on her.. Cant See how i missed it i thought i had read them all! I must re read the strain guide :skin_up:

• Like 2

Hey @JamJar all my plants stay in the same place, I don't have much space outside the tent to pull them out and move around. I've tried to hang the lights as centrally as possible but with the big 6in fan and filter in there, they sit nearer the front. 

There's 2 reasons ewe2 caught my eye 1. I'm Welsh lol and 2. It's a full on indica, my preferred smoke 

Edit, cheers for jumping in and answering the question mark :yep:

Edited by beezee
  • Like 3