Gorilla - Grow Diary Attempt

AKPOG

On 05/06/2018 at 9:58 PM, AKPOG said:

Off topic I know :offtopic:, but after this grow I'd like to try a sativa dominant haze strain,  so I'd appreciate your advice on your best strain for chronic back pain if you wouldn't mind please.

A sativa dominant haze based strain for back pain. 

For this I have several suggestions  :yep:

Original Amnesia  (full haze strain. Full of flavour and basically full on haze)

Strawberry amnesia  (another heavy sativa based haze dominant strain but you can get some nice hazey variety from this lady)

Now for lower THC and added CBD 

Amnesia CBD  (retained haze flavour with boosted CBD levels and lower than normal THC)

Or auto  :bong:

For this is has to be haze auto cbd. Works very well for pain but if you want high THC then I would go down the original amnesia route  ;)

Plenty of selection mate and if you need more help/guidance I'm only a pm away  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark , much appreciated! :yep:

I've tried Amnesia from a local dealer, who clearly grows it well & it has a real perfume intense yummy smell that it's almost fake! But it is very nice indeed, we'll grown clearly, but as for the smell I mist say it's on my already favourite strain list. I think it seemed to help my pain, but I didn't have enough of it to be certain?

I've tried lemon amnesia haze, from the same guy, but as equally nice it was, that seemed to make my pain worse for some reason? But we're all different.

But Strawberry Amnesia Haze, now that sounds like it'll have to be my next then! Cheers for that! :toot:

I was a bit put off CBD, as I tried some Koy CBD 1000mg & it didn't help me noticeably at all, but I know they are only hemp CBD, so I intend trying the real thing when I get to a point where I can fit in a spare plant in. 

My gorillas are getting huge by the way, so I'm going to have to seriously think about chucking them in flower soon! I must make space, as I've got a couple of lingering plants that just won't ripen, that I don't think I'm even going to like! So I might compost them to make way for my Gorilla Girls! :bong:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKPOG said:

was a bit put off CBD, as I tried some Koy CBD 1000mg & it didn't help me noticeably at all, but I know they are only hemp CBD, so I intend trying the real thing when I get to a point where I can fit in a spare plant in. 

That's using pure CBD on its own where I'm a firm believer that CBD needs THC to be most effective even in small amounts so if you do ever have the room I would definitely try our amnesia CBD  :yep: lower than normal THC but still adequate to get you high whilst bonding your CBD intake. Win-win.

As you like your high THC ladies I think strawberry amnesia will be the perfect match for your needs and will work great for pain management :bong:

Can't wait to see your gorilla in bloom mate  :bong: bring it on!

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

On 11/06/2018 at 9:05 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

I'm a firm believer that CBD needs THC to be most effective even in small amounts so if you do ever have the room I would definitely try our amnesia CBD  :yep: lower than normal THC but still adequate to get you high whilst bonding your CBD intake. Win-win.

As you like your high THC ladies I think strawberry amnesia will be the perfect match for your needs and will work great for pain management

Hi Mark, 

I'be got to say that makes sense & I didn't realize you did a high CBD with reasonable THC too! :clapping:

My next beans will be Strawberry Amnesia & Amnesia CBD, it's got to be worth a shot, as I'm not wanting to be baked all day at work, so it's a win win if it works for me. :guitar:

I destroyed my Super Skunk just now,  it's going on the compost tomorrow! :execute:

So, watch this space, as I'll take some pics of them tomorrow & then they'll get what I call an extended day, where they'll have had 27hrs before their first 12hrs dark. It's strange I know, but it's the only way I can align the times of my flowering tent, as the night of each tent is nine hours apart. Confused? :smokin:

Cheers :yep:

• Like 2

Key turning point update! :thumsup:

My Gorilla girls, along with a Master Kush I've been training are ready for flower, and not too soon either! It's a little full in my veg tent right now for my light size.

large.IMAG0878_1.jpg

Especially after tying down a few tops!

large.IMAG0883_1.jpg

They'll have to share the space with two other plants,  which are in late flower, although one of those is the last Super Skunk, which has been so disappointing I'll probably compost that one too, I'll make the decision over the next week & my Gorillas will win if there's a space war :execute::rofl:

But on to my Gorilla ladies! 

Gorilla 1:

large.IMAG0881_1.jpglarge.IMAG0879_1.jpg

And Gorilla 2:

large.IMAG0882_1.jpglarge.IMAG0880_1.jpg

Until next time........ :yinyang:

• Like 9

Looking nice mate :)  Mine have just edged into flower over the past week, I'll post up pikkies later once I get a chance to :) 

• Like 3

The gorilla are looking fantastic  :bong:

A very nice dark green colour, no signs of any deficiency and growing now at a rapid pace :bong:

So glad I could offer advice with CBD and high CBD strains. If you are using for medical reasons and don't want to get to high/stoned but still want the flavours you know and love then high CBD strains are the way forward  :bong:

How long would you say now my friend before flower is started? The next 7-10 days?

Thanks for the update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

How long would you say now my friend before flower is started? The next 7-10 days?

Thanks Mark, I've put them in my flowering tent tonight mate, they were busting to flower! :thumsup: 

So, all things well tomorrow is day 1 of flowering :bong:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, unity said:

Looking nice mate :)  Mine have just edged into flower over the past week, I'll post up pikkies later once I get a chance to :) 

Cheers @unity :yep: 

I must say, I was wondering about your girls, as we should be quite aligned as we started within a few days of one another. I'll look out for your update :yinyang:

• Like 3

On 13/06/2018 at 7:26 PM, AKPOG said:

Thanks Mark, I've put them in my flowering tent tonight mate, they were busting to flower! :thumsup: 

So, all things well tomorrow is day 1 of flowering :bong:

Bring on the fun :bong:

Nice size and very bushy ladies which I can't wait to see in the flower phase :yep:

Good luck mate and I'll drop back in on the next update  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

8 days into 12/12 :notworthy:

In some photos I've tried using the blue filter from my grow room shades :george: , but I've done a couple with no filter too, all under my 600W HPS, as once in the flowering tent, they only come out on special occasions.:hippy:

Here is Gorilla 1:

large.IMAG0897_1_1_1.jpglarge.IMAG0896_1.jpglarge.IMAG0892_1.jpg

And here is Gorilla 2:

large.IMAG0898_1.jpglarge.IMAG0893_1.jpglarge.IMAG0894_1.jpg

As you can see, Gorilla 1 is much bushier, she's had a little more veg time in her 11litre pot. Although Gorilla 2 has fatter leaves & a couple of monster hands as shown by the 8" clip on fan, so I think there is some variation in pheno's.

Gorilla 2 is also on a 10litre round pot, whereas Gorilla 1 is in an 11litre square pot.

Gorilla 2 has about a third of her most recent pot up soil as reclaimed soil from my previous grow, as I ran out of new soil! :wallbash: So the top third is pretty much just coco!  Therefore, I've given her a little extra grow feed to her sister & will up it a bit more next feed too, as she still looks a little hungry.

My feed regime has been as follows:

Watering every two days since going under the hot 29℃ 600W HPS, although this is normal for flowering in this medium.

Shogun Samurai Terra Grow @ 1ml/l

Shogun Samurai Terra Bloom @ 1ml/l

Shogun Sumo Boost @ 1ml/l. (Although I upped this to 1.5ml last nights feed)

I hope you like, comments & suggestions welcome :yinyang:

• Like 9

@AKPOG Tidy work mate, nicely done with the lst there :)

I see not only are we growing the same weed atm but we're also using the same brand food - I was advised by my local shop to try the sumo range, my log is me doing so :)

How do you change your feed as you go more into flower, do you keep the 1ml of grow, or drop it out after a week or two (post-stretch) and just add bloom?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unity said:

@AKPOG Tidy work mate, nicely done with the lst there :)

I see not only are we growing the same weed atm but we're also using the same brand food - I was advised by my local shop to try the sumo range, my log is me doing so :)

How do you change your feed as you go more into flower, do you keep the 1ml of grow, or drop it out after a week or two (post-stretch) and just add bloom?

Thanks @unity , I step up to 2ml per Grow, Bloom & Boost after a week & try my best to read my plants. Although I can't speak for Gorilla, as she might be sensitive to overfeeding?

I do rate the Samurai Feed very much, I used to use BioBizz everything, which is very good, but I wanted to try a change this time & glad I did. The Tropic Batmix is also top quality, as I've not seen roots like it before, and it doesn't harden over time which makes watering a doddle.

My last grow I got a bit exited & followed the Samurai guides, which IMO are too hot for most cannabis & my power plant didn't like it, although my Master Kush loved all of it! :bong:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

On 23/06/2018 at 8:06 PM, AKPOG said:

Although I can't speak for Gorilla, as she might be sensitive to overfeeding?

Go in light then increase as/if needed mate :yep:

Having chem genetics she could lean on the heaving feeding side, keep an eye on them and they will let you know if they need more feed :yep:

So far from what I can see both 1 and 2 look very healthy. Nice dark green, no signs of any deficiency or needing feed so I would just keep things as they are unless you think other wise ;)

Your half way into the stretch phase which looks quite minimal so far :)

Definitely 2 phenos so will be very interesting in 6-8 weeks when harvest comes so we can actually see the difference  :bong:

Looking good to me mate and as always thank you for the diary update I'll drop back in on the next  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2