Gorilla - Grow Diary Attempt

AKPOG

I know there is 3 days apart between these 2 plants but no1 is showing or looking much more vigorous? 

Both look to be doing well. Very dark green leaves and I know the runt has had a few early challenges that did slow her down, she now look to be doing well :)

How much longer to you plan on remaining in these pots for mate and what size pot will be your next?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I know there is 3 days apart between these 2 plants but no1 is showing or looking much more vigorous? 

Both look to be doing well. Very dark green leaves and I know the runt has had a few early challenges that did slow her down, she now look to be doing well :)

How much longer to you plan on remaining in these pots for mate and what size pot will be your next?

All the best 

Mark..

Hi Mark, 

Yeah they are both doing well indeed & no.1 looked like no.2 about 6 days ago, so all good. 

I'm not sure when I'll be potting up, maybe in about 5 to 7 days for no.1, if not no.2 as well & their next pots will be 5litre round pots, or 7litre square pots, then into their final 11litre square pots.

I've found I get so much fatter buds on a decent veg into an 11litre pot in my space than say a 9litre.

These two beauties are going to be sharing the flowering space with just one other plant, which is a Master Kush clone & she's several weeks ahead in veg & currently rooted out her 7 litre pot, but she'll not take over as I'm holding her back with super cropping :chains:

Cheers :yinyang:

• Like 1

not ran dinafems version but have the clone.

watch out for the mental stretch...x3 or x4 is what im getting.

good luck.

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

not ran dinafems version but have the clone.

watch out for the mental stretch...x3 or x4 is what im getting.

good luck.

Thanks for the heads up mate, I'm hoping they don't stretch that much, but the Master Kush is a bit of a lanky lady, so they should match her if they stretch :skin_up:

• Like 1

Update! 

Gorilla 1 @ 21 days since germination showed me today that she should have been potted up two days ago ideally. I also nipped her top out.

large.IMAG0820_1.jpg

But better late than never as they say, but look at her lovely healthy roots, they love the Tropic Bat Mix & the Shogun Katana Roots combo. Into the 7 litre square pot she goes & she'll be back to perky in a day or two.

large.IMAG0821_1.jpg

Gorilla 2 is doing well, she's looking very perky! I won't be leaving it so long before potting up. 

large.IMAG0822_1.jpg

Until next time....:yinyang:

Edited by AKPOG
Changed text from 9 litre pot to the correct 7 litre pot
  • Like 7

I though potting up was imminent mate and that's a really healthy looking structure :) We all know happy roots = Healthy plant  ;)

Now the 1st gorilla has been potted up we are going to see a much more vigorous growth phase and gorilla #2 will not be far behind with potting up :)

Looking good my friend and thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments gents, much appreciated :skin_up:

@Dinafem-Mark , yeah happy healthy roots = big fat stonking buds :bong:

You were right about the potting up & if I'm totally honest it was your easier comment that prompted me to check, as I was going to leave her another week and pot the two up together. But I've never seen such vigorous root growth on my others I've done, so these ladies are sure showing good signs so far. 

No need to thank me I must say mate, I'm more than happy to oblige & I am grateful one for the chance to test out your new strain :george:

I'll pop another update when I pot up no. 2 in a day or two :yinyang:

• Like 1

Update - pot up Gorilla 2 into square 7 litre today after 21days since seed planting & her roots are not quite as vigorous as her sister, but beautiful roots all the same:

large.IMAG0839_1.jpg

And here she is in her new pot:

large.IMAG0842_1.jpg

She was looking a little hungry & she was a bit dry too.

Here she is with her rather larger sister:

large.IMAG0841_1.jpg

Until next time.....:yinyang:

• Like 8

Both plants are now potted up so give them a few days to a week to get established then we will really see some vigorous growth coming from these 2 ladies ;)

Both plants are looking very indica dominant with those big fat leaves and short structure  ;)

Going to be very interesting to watch these plants develope  :)

Looking good so far mate and I'll drop back in on the next update  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Update pot up Gorilla 1 @ 32 days into 11litre pot:

Her roots are as vigorous as before, but I couldn't take a picture as her roots had stuck to her 7litre pot & she proved difficult to re-pot, but all good & you can see from her vigorous growth that her roots must be happy!

Now in the 11 litre pot:

large.IMAG0845_1.jpg

Gorilla 2 has caught up in height, but not as bushy still, here she is next to her not so big sister:

large.IMAG0844_1.jpg

And her is Gorilla 2 happy in her 7 litre pot for a couple of more days:

large.IMAG0846_1.jpg

These two have quite consistent genetics, they have responded very well to topping. I can't wait to flower them, but I must wait 2 weeks more until I have some space in my flower tent, so these are currently jam packed under my 2 bulb BrightWing, which is perfect for vegging, just not 11 litre pot vegging! :bangin:

Cheers! :yinyang:

• Like 8

Nice work on the reporting mate :yep:

I assume that the potting up from

7l-11l will be the final finish pots for the gorilla? 

Both plants look very similar in structure with one showing a slight bit more vigour. Both have that indica structure, staying squat with short internode distance  :bong:

This is going to be a flower show I will not miss :bong:

Things are starting to get interesting my friend  :bong:

Another couple of weeks of vegative growth then into bloom they go ;)

Thanks for the diary update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Nice work on the reporting mate :yep:

I assume that the potting up from

7l-11l will be the final finish pots for the gorilla? 

Both plants look very similar in structure with one showing a slight bit more vigour. Both have that indica structure, staying squat with short internode distance  :bong:

This is going to be a flower show I will not miss :bong:

Things are starting to get interesting my friend  :bong:

Another couple of weeks of vegative growth then into bloom they go ;)

Thanks for the diary update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks for stopping by each update mate, I very much appreciate you being on hand for any advice I may need :bong:

Yes, 11 litres is the final stage, I find that any smaller then I get mini plants, and any larger just doesn't seem to benefit me anymore in my 1.2metre square tent with 4 plants. I'd have to veg for weeks in a bigger pot & have no more than 2 in there to be worth it. Although I'm not adverse to trying at some stage if honest.

I have a feeling these indica twins are going to be superb! As long as I don't mess it up there is going to be a cracking smoke at the end :bong:

Off topic I know :offtopic:, but after this grow I'd like to try a sativa dominant haze strain,  so I'd appreciate your advice on your best strain for chronic back pain if you wouldn't mind please.

• Like 4