Gorilla - Grow Diary Attempt

AKPOG

Hi Mark, 

I hope you don't mind me attempting a grow diary of those seeds you kindly nominated to me in this forum do you?

As promised I'm going to attempt a grow diary for this new Gorilla Strain. I won these seeds by them being kindly donated by Mark to select lucky growers & I was very fortunate.

Firstly, the packaging! What can I say? Well it's just awesome! A nice sealed tin, (which will come in handy), a little plastic seed container with the seeds at the bottom, with some dry foam & what I think are silica beads?

large.IMAG0734_1.jpglarge.IMAG0733_1.jpg

I started a germination attempt last night at 9pm with two seeds of the five I have.

I popped them in pre-soaked & lightly squeezed Root Riot cubes which I prepared 18 hrs earlier so they were nice & warm. Then put them in my heated propagator.

large.IMAG0730_1.jpglarge.IMAG0731_1.jpg

Then I covered the heated propagator so there isn't much direct light from my BrightWing lamps. I have a couple of more mature plants in there which are cuttings from my current flower to see if I have a keeper. 

They are an indoor 80cm square tent with a 4inch RVK extract. When they are due to be flowered in about 4 weeks time they'll be going into a DR120 Tent, under a 600W HPS, with 5inch RVK extract+carbon filter & a 4inch RVK intake. Fans controlled by a dual temperature controlled speed controller. Plus a thermostat controller which kicks in a couple of extra fans when temps get to 24℃.

Thanks for looking. Not much to see yet though.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

Good luck with the new genetics dude.

Thanks mate, I have every confidence at least one pheno will be a keeper, especially if this strain is as resinous as the description states. :bong:

As long as I can successfully pop these beans that is :pitchfork:

• Like 3

Small update!

The first one has risen her beautiful head, I think she cracked about 20hrs after planting, so I've got at least one strong one I hope. 

large.IMAG0735_1.jpg

I don't like to disturb the cubes when seeding, but there doesn't appear to be any sign for the other lady, but fingers tightly crossed.

Cheers :yinyang:

• Like 5

Quick update all! :bong:

Only one of the two seeds I planted came through, she is a strong one & is now established in some Tropic Bat Mix soil/coco mix & is loving it!

Here she is:

large.IMAG0769_1.jpglarge.IMAG0768_1.jpg

Sadly the other seed didn't pop :chains: ,  it appears to have just gone dark brown/black.

So 3 days ago I popped another seed into a Root Riot cube, after an hours soak in some warm water. I must add that this time the seed came from the fridge.

Weirdly I think this one can't detect gravity! Haha! She has sprouted upside down & a furry tap root emerged from the top of the cube yesterday! This morning she appears to be tying herself into knots figuring out which way is up! But I think she'll come through :smokin:

Here she is:

large.IMAG0766_1.jpg

Thanks for looking! :yinyang:

• Like 10

For what it is worth, here's another update.

Well my little gorilla runt has found her way upright, but not before creating a very strange curly root! 

large.IMAG0771_1.jpglarge.IMAG0770_1.jpg

Has anyone else ever seen such a creative tap root? :smokin:

• Like 10

Yeah...I have had ones do that b4....gonna try the gravity technique next time 

Im so bloody anal I would have pulled her immediately lol lol  im sure she will straighten up tho 

:thumsup:

• Like 4

@zen-ken my gorilla diary was my first crack at using a bag for the paper towel, seemed to work sweet tho. I had nice straight roots in 2 days.

Edit: I'm also a tad anal, think I might have pulled it too, or tried to "help"  it and killed it :D

Edited by unity
  • Like 3

intresting to see the results from this ....all the best brother il be watching this one 

peace :smokin:

weedouk420

• Like 3

Like i said @unity....I love simple ideas that produce brilliant results...your technique is so simple and effective.... it is pure genius (obvious to some but since the chemo im a little slower than i used to be) 

Nearly 15 years under my belt and Im still an educated novice....thats why im doing grow diaries now as the help is invaluable.

Looking forward to your gorilla grows guys...so wanted to join you but Im getting that remo out now as it has become a matter of principle.

I have fucked up so many times with it.... its now become a challenge just to get it to the end...one I will complete by hook or by crook.

Peace, love and huge sticky colas for all

Ken

• Like 5

Hi everyone!

Small update, the runt has come on nicely, although I almost killed her by crushing her with a lump of peat! :wallbash:

It wasn't funny at the time as she was fragile & had a weird tap root to bury when potting her into the Tropic Batmix. The peat lump fell out of my hand while I was fluffing up the medium to cover the root & flattened her, she was all limp & I had to prop her up with the soil!

She has come through though I'm happy to say & you can see that although quite far behind Gorilla 1 she is doing just fine in a runt kind of way :smokin: I'm calling her Gorilla 2 now, as the second seed never came through, not sure why, other than the Root Riot cube was too wet?

large.IMAG0794_1.jpglarge.IMAG0793_1.jpglarge.IMAG0792_1.jpg

Gorilla 1 as you can see is loving the Tropic Batmix :george:

The next update will follow soon :yinyang:

• Like 5

Fantastic another gorilla grow up and running on UK420  :yep:

As soon as they landed you must have started germination whuch I'm very greatful for :bong:

2 plants up and both looking good.  Yes you have one lagging behind but the amount of times I've seen this and the "runt" becomes the star of the show :bong:

Being a new strain and the strains notoriety I'm very confident this grow will pull in a lot of potential new growers for this strain so no pressure their  :yep:

Thanks for getting this up so fast my friend and I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :headbang:

Until the next gorilla update :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark, much appreciated my friend! :george:

Next update here, Gorilla 1 @ 17 days since germination & Gorilla 2 @ 14 days since germination.

The two lovely ladies together:

large.IMAG0812_1.jpglarge.IMAG0811_1.jpg

Gorilla 1 up close & personal:

large.IMAG0814_1.jpg

Now, Gorilla 2, the runt is coming on in leaps & bounds! She is a strong one I can tell you, as I have accidentally tried to kill her TWICE now! Haha! :wallbash:

The first time I nearly killed her was with the lump of peat.

Next though, I precariously propped her up on an upside down small pot, on top of my propagator, so she could be closer to the light. But two days ago I knocked her over, dumping the whole pot down the side of the propagator & flattening the poor young lady to the side of my tent! My heart skipped a few beats & after a panic, I sat her back up & propped her up with some soil & kissed her better! :hippy:

Two days after her disaster you can see she wasn't phased by it at all! Strong genetics right there! I have a feeling she might turn out to be a stonker! :bong:

large.IMAG0813_1.jpg

Until next time......

• Like 8