Boomslang's Dinaf diarie

Boomslang

First of, happy 420 to all you naughty gardeners.

This is the my first diary for Dinafem, and hope one of many, and wish to thank Mark for letting me run this year. 

My selections are WWxxl auto and Blue Hash. Never grew them and I'm hoping they will do well at my latitude. 

Some will argue that it's a bit early to pop beans now but I couldn't resist, the weather was too good... So I've decided to put 1 Blue Hash (BH) in.

large.thumb_IMG_2015_1024.jpg

I've put the bean in some sieved jaks magic in the first insh and at the bottom of the deep root trainer, I've put some jack's magic amended with 30% coco, a sprinkle of dolomite lime, 5% perlite and 10 % left over super soil from last year.

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 8

Plot 1 is almost prepped (just have to weed a couple of holes).

The prep started during the winter with a bit a weeding, added some FBB, coco and last month I dressed the holes with seaweed. 

Here it is bare. This is a shared plot. There's 2 large coco blocks that have beean dumped there for a couple of months by my partner in crime (middle top and middle right of the pic - draw a line and my section is the left side)

I found a metal cotainer on the way to the plot which is perfect for extra water if they require any liquid feed/Seaweed and humic acid.  

large.Plot1.jpg

This is the same plot taken last season with some sexy girls. 

large.59a66db64ba6e_Plot1298.jpg

• Like 12

Looking good in here. Thought you had a couple of hens guarding your plot. 

Good luck! I’ll keep an eye in :yep:

• Like 4

What a nice looking plot and nice to see some germination has started  :bong:

Thank you for getting your 2018 Dinafem outdoor adventure up and running and I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :yep:

Best of luck with this grow mate :yep:

Will drop back in on the next update  :bong:

Stay safe out there :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

On 4/21/2018 at 10:46 AM, soiled said:

Looking good in here. Thought you had a couple of hens guarding your plot. 

Good luck! I’ll keep an eye in :yep:

lol looks like doesn't it. Their inaction man's coco block sculpted by rabbits. They did a pretty good job!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

What a nice looking plot and nice to see some germination has started  :bong:

Thank you for getting your 2018 Dinafem outdoor adventure up and running and I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :yep:

Best of luck with this grow mate :yep:

Will drop back in on the next update  :bong:

Stay safe out there :)

All the best 

Mark..

Cheers Mark. :yep:

• Like 2

No sign of any Blue hash surfacing yet... 3 WWxxl have been soaking in paper towel since last night. One has has been berried in soil this afternoon. Waiting on deleviray of other pots this afternoon.

large.WWxxlseed.jpg

These are 3 liter pots. I will grow indoors under LED for 1 month ish, then I will put the pots straight into the prepped soil.  

I've drilled extra holes under the pot as there's only the usual amount that you would find in the classic pot. A grill would be perfect Mr manufacturer. 

This is inspired by the one and only @912GreenSkell. Hope it works as it should!

T

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 7

Fingers crossed that the 3 in soil start to raise there heads in the coming days to kick of your outdoor grow season  :yep:

@912GreenSkell Always does outstanding work and I'm confident you'll do as well  :bong:

Keep us posted on germination mate. I'll drop back in on the next update to check progress out  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 4/25/2018 at 9:00 AM, Boomslang said:

No sign of any Blue hash surfacing yet... 3 WWxxl have been soaking in paper towel since last night. One has has been berried in soil this afternoon. Waiting on deleviray of other pots this afternoon.

large.WWxxlseed.jpg

These are 3 liter pots. I will grow indoors under LED for 1 month ish, then I will put the pots straight into the prepped soil.  

I've drilled extra holes under the pot as there's only the usual amount that you would find in the classic pot. A grill would be perfect Mr manufacturer. 

This is inspired by the one and only @912GreenSkell. Hope it works as it should!

T

Nice...i planted those exact same pots(botanicare hercules except mine war larger) directly in the ground and they worked great!! 

Edited by 912GreenSkell

1 hour ago, Swgorilla said:

Hi mate what lat are you at?

Atb

Between 50 and 51 West side

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 2:31 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Fingers crossed that the 3 in soil start to raise there heads in the coming days to kick of your outdoor grow season  :yep:

@912GreenSkell Always does outstanding work and I'm confident you'll do as well  :bong:

Keep us posted on germination mate. I'll drop back in on the next update to check progress out  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

All 3 have cracked the surface mate. Haven't got any pictures but will update soon. All I can say is that they are now under LED as opposed to T5s and at 20/4 light schedule.

Do you or anyone else know when they start flowering. I'm thinking 1 month?

• Like 1

The Blue Hash never showed it's head. Not blaming the seed but rather my compost. I added some garden compost to jacks magic. I don't normally but I needed to stretch it. A few other beans didn't make it (2 Serious 6, 1HSO Mango sapphire, 3 MOBs2 and possibly more...).

On further inspection there were either nematodes, earthworm hatchlings or fungus gnats larvae in the vicinity of the soft rotting sprout. 

So I popped 1 more BH in but, I microwaved the compost, and added some Mycor Max (beneficial bacteria and fungi) to the mix to give some life back. Used the paper towel method this time. I've just read that neem oil diluted with water and soap is good at getting rid of them too. Just add to the soil after 2 days of drying out. Will try that on the others.

Will update as soon as BH is out.

:D

• Like 4