The Devil's Arse Welcomes Dinafem Critical+2.0

twoscoops

I have an old flood and drain that is homemade but exactly the same. Its a total no-brainer, not that I really run hydro anymore but it very reliably produces the goods! Looks like it will be a nice little grow this.

• Like 3

@*DJ*

Hehe, cannot wait until it's in full bloom, lots of pinching out and bending before that mate :) .

scoops :oldtoker:

• Like 2

On 23/03/2018 at 7:08 AM, harrygrout said:

my next grow will be the C+2 in coco with the growers ark range. its the best ive used by far.

Now this we would like to see :)

Any chance we can talk you into documenting your Dinafem adventure on the UK420 platform? 

Your in for a treat with our critical+2.0 :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

The girls really have appreciated that re-pot and are really starting to take if now :)

Beautiful structure and growing at a nice steady pace  :)

Looking good in here brother  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 21/03/2018 at 0:47 AM, twoscoops said:

I thought I saw a fly the other day so I have put a yellow sticky trap up to see if it catches anything, don't want any 'Brundlefly's' in here lol.

Best to be on he safe side my friend and the sticky trap imo is a must in any grow with a medium this will let you know asap if any critters have invaded  :) and will let you get ontop of the issue as fast as possible  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Update in the Devil's Arse:

So far the plants have been under one 600 watt metal halide for two weeks now and are starting to grow nicely :) .

I have been rotating the pots 1/4 of a turn daily to try and get them bushing out on all sides.

Had to slightly move each pot outwards just a few inches to give them some more space to grow into :) .

I am hand feeding the following nutrients:

Growers Ark Grow 4ml / L

Growers Ark Root Tonic 5ml / L

Growers Ark Trace Elements 1ml / L

E.C was 1.4 & PH was 6.0

Each plant has been given 500ml of this mix daily.

I have been foliar feeding every other day - Shropshire Seaweed at 1ml / L .

Temperature is still a little on the low side: 19 c / 22 c but the plants are coping well and quite soon I will be putting another 600 watt metal halide in because the plants are getting bigger and another bulb will also raise the temps :yep:.

Humidity was showing 30 / 40.

Photos of the plants :photo::

large.5abec2a4729a5_DinafemCritical2_0dh.jpglarge.5abec2bd4334b_DinafemCritical2_0di.jpglarge.5abec2d243e54_DinafemCritical2_0dj.jpglarge.5abec2e3acee3_DinafemCritical2_0dk.jpg

Also no bugs / space invaders yet on the yellow sticky trap.

twoscoops 

• Like 6

Update : 

Decided it's time folks,  I added another 600watt metal halide over the plants today  , so 1200 watts in total.  I think the  plants were ready for it, because I am slowly moving the pots outwards to find space for them :yep:.

Here are the bulbs I am trying : 

large.5ac0011ea4066_600wattMetalHalideBulbs.jpg

I also just gave the plants a tidy up with some snips, just from the coco medium upto about four or five inches. There was a lot of unwanted growth so I gave them a short back and sides :) .

Heres a few photos of what I snipped off  : 

Before:

large.5abec2f1a5f7e_DinafemCritical2_0dl.jpg

After:

large.5abec3001a95e_DinafemCritical2_0dm.jpg

Some other photos including another canopy :

large.5abec32abb018_DinafemCritical2_0dp.jpglarge.5abec31e560ad_DinafemCritical2_0do.jpglarge.5abec30f55453_DinafemCritical2_0dn.jpg

Most importantly grab yourself a beer and watch out for the bottle opener lol :

large.5ac0010f92f64_4Beers.jpg

Thanks scoops :beer:

• Like 5

Nice grow this and clinical bud fair play, very clean and tidy and those clones are doing lovely :yep:

• Like 4

You can really tell that seaweed is doing some work what lovely colour on that foliage are you going to try any LST or put a scrog in?

• Like 3

@botanics

Thanks mate for popping in, now grab yourself a cool beer or three :) .

Aye the plants are starting to take shape now and are starting to turn a nice colour on the leaves.

I need to get them piped up and flooding n draining as soon as I can and hopefully with more mild weather I can keep them under control. 

Thanks scoops :yinyang:

• Like 4

@UKsFinest

Hello :) , 

Yes I like the foliar feeding with bottled Seaweed, I think it makes a difference and helps the young plants. 

Not sure yet if I will scrog them but at the moment over the next few days I might start pinching super cropping the top branches / arms and try and get them growing sideways :stoned: .

Thanks for stopping by,

Scoops :yinyang:

• Like 4

I was going to say the added addition of the mh has certainly kicked the girls into a super vigorous growth pattern  :)

Then I read you have added another which has taken the output to 1200w so now things are going to get crazy :)

Lots more valuable lumens which the plants are going to love :)

Going to be watching this with great interest my friend. 

Just 1 question. Will you be flowering under 1200w?

As always thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

I'll pop back in on the next to see how these ladies are doing :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2