The Devil's Arse Welcomes Dinafem Critical+2.0

twoscoops

@crticalcontent

Hello and thanks for stopping by :) ,

Aye the cuttings were like little bonsai trees :).

Yes mate I like Growers ark nutrients, I have been using the full coco range for a while with no problems. 

For me it's the best nutrient range I have tried because of how the plants look healthy and happy right the way through and into bloom.

scoops :oldtoker:

• Like 5

Now the plants have been potted up they have fresh new homes to establish that root zone and you have a solid plan for a nice long veg which should produce some monster plants when flower phase is started  :)

So far all I can see is one super clean grow room filled with some very healthy looking plants  :)

Looking spot on in here my friend and as always thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

I am still hand feeding the plants at the moment while I clean all the iceline pipes and fittings ready for resembling the flood and drain system -  for a test run :guitar:.

I have slightly increased the nutrient strength / feed to this :

Growers Ark Coco Grow 4ml / L

Growers Ark Root Tonic  5ml / L

Growers Ark Trace Elements 1ml / L

I mixed all these in a 25 L fermenting bin for hand watering.

The E.C reading showed 1.4 and PH was 6.0 

Each plant received 400ml of this feed.

Heres some photos of the plants : 

large.5aad9baf3ff82_DinafemCritical2_0cu.jpglarge.5aad9bcb9ab74_DinafemCritical2_0cv.jpglarge.5aad9be5980aa_DinafemCritical2_0cw.jpg

The temperatures have been abit on the low side 19 / 20 c , so I have turned the extraction right down to see if that helps a little.

The Critical +2.0 is quite a hardy strain so hopefully it won't bother them too much.

scoops :) 

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 5

Also I have started foliar feeding ( lights on ) every other day with Shropshire Seaweed. I do like this product as it's very easy to mix and great for spraying. 

I mix the Shropshire Seaweed at 1ml / L for a foliar spray. 

large.5aad9c4a984e1_ShropshireSeaweed.jpglarge.5aad9c3b75fc8_DinafemCritical2_0cz.jpglarge.5aad9c1d9ad16_DinafemCritical2_0cy.jpglarge.5aad9c0169e6b_DinafemCritical2_0cx.jpg

I thought I saw a fly the other day so I have put a yellow sticky trap up to see if it catches anything, don't want any 'Brundlefly's' in here lol.

large.5aad9c5916f5c_StickyInsectTrap.jpg

The card was clean earlier so no 'Brundlefly's' yet.

• Like 5

my next grow will be the C+2 in coco with the growers ark range. its the best ive used by far.

ill be watching with interest m8 good luck

• Like 4

@harrygrout

Thanks mate and thank you for popping in :) .

I've been using Growers Ark for a while now and I won't be swapping anytime soon, lovely stuff. 

Your in for a treat with the Critical +2.0 and I will watch out for any Grow photos etc if you upload some mate.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, twoscoops said:

@harrygrout

Thanks mate and thank you for popping in :) .

I've been using Growers Ark for a while now and I won't be swapping anytime soon, lovely stuff. 

Your in for a treat with the Critical +2.0 and I will watch out for any Grow photos etc if you upload some mate.

i owe @Dinafem-Mark a diary as i had some free seeds and had to abort mid grow so will get one up as soon as there is something to report.

best move i ever made was from dirt to coco and using GA feeds 

• Like 3

@twoscoops i notice you dont strip your clones down before rooting,do you think this helps ? also i notice 

you using clay balls.all this info ive read is they just use up space the roots could be using, do you find they help ?

cheers 

• Like 3

@harrygrout

Hello mate,

When I take cuttings from my plants for clones I do cut the tips off the leaves before placing in my mini propergator for a few weeks until rooted.

The clones in the start of my diary have been in a small propergator to root then I repot them into 10cm square pots with coco and get them under a T5 96 watt light for a few more weeks in a bigger heated vitopod propergator to get them growing and then I select the best of the bunch ready for the next phase :guitar:.

Not sure if that's answered what you were asking ?

I do tidy the plants up abit near the bottom of the medium normally  about 2-3 weeks into growing under a 600 watt metal halide. 

I have always used 2 to 3 inch of clay balls in this system as it helps drainage and no it doesn't take up space the roots can use.

I find it the opposite, once the plants are really established the root systems are huge, filling the inner 11 litre punch pot with 60/40 mix, the bottom pebbles and even underneath in the outer pot.

I will try to take some photos of the roots if I can and some after harvest so you can see how much they have grown.

Hope this helps,

scoops :oldtoker:...

• Like 4

Here's an update so far on the Critical+2.0 : 

I took some more photos of the plants on Thursday which is one week under the 600 watt metal halide in the Devil's Arse :) .

Must say I am pleasantly suprised how well they have grown after the initial repotting.

I am still hand feeding them the following nutrients once a day :

Growers Ark Grow 4ml / L 

Growers Ark Trace Elements 1ml / L

Growers Ark Root Tonic 5ml / L

EC reading was 1.4 & PH was 6.0

I have been giving them 400ml of the above nutrient mix.

I am still foliar feeding with Shropshire Seaweed ( 1ml / L ) every other day too and I feel this is really helping the plants.

I lifted the 600 watt bulb a few inches too because I thought it was getting abit too close as the plants are growing. 

I keep turning the plant pots 1/4 of a turn daily to try and get them growing evenly and hopefully looking great :) .

Temperature had improved slightly between 19 & 22 C.

Humidity has been showing 32 & 40 .

I might start pinching a few tops and maybe strip some lower growth off the bottom stems, I haven't decided yet,  what do you think ?

Heres a few photos of the plants :photo::

large.5ab58e590391d_DinafemCritical2_0da.jpglarge.5ab58e682e1cd_DinafemCritical2_0db.jpglarge.5ab58e748137a_DinafemCritical2_0dc.jpglarge.5ab58e816a9ef_DinafemCritical2_0dd.jpg

Here is a few more showing the size and structure of the plants :

large.5ab58e8c15e7a_DinafemCritical2_0df.jpglarge.5ab58e951e37a_DinafemCritical2_0dg.jpglarge.5ab58ea7e52f2_DinafemCritical2_0dh.jpg

twoscoops :guitar:

• Like 5

@jadenugs

Hello mate :) , yes cannot wait to get the pipes and system dialled in.

I do like to hand water in this system for a few weeks because I feel it stops the roots just growing straight down and instead gets a nice big rootball in the pot.

Also saves on nutrients lol .

Thanks for popping in ..

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, twoscoops said:

I might start pinching a few tops and maybe strip some lower growth off the bottom stems, I haven't decided yet,  what do you think ?

May as well mate. While I was trimming mine last week I was thinking I might start doing it earlier instead of waiting til they've stretched in flower, get some energy where I want it earlier on. Maybe do a couple and see how they compare to the rest? I should have done this with my blues cuts. I started comparing with one untopped and lst'd, one topped once and one topped twice but I've ended up with them nearly the same anyway after my final trim lol

• Like 3

@twoscoops id be very interested in seeing your pipe system for feeding m8. im handwatering all the way through

and could do with a set up myself as its a ballache i dont need where they get on autopilot in flower.  

• Like 3

@harrygrout

My system is just a standard 'iws' flood and drain with iceline piping.

I will put some photos on here when it's up and running mate.

This system is quite old now but still works ok but I would like to make my own by using the brain bucket as my run to waste control.

If you look in the Hydroponic thread, then coco thread and at the top of the page 'automated feeding' this might give you a few ideas / thoughts.

I would like to get some Baseline trays or RTA trays and use air pots / root pouches with coco to grow in and have it top feeding & running to a waste tank.

A few members on here run this type of set up and it works a treat :guitar:.

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 5