Grower not a shower

1 minute ago, Crentz said:

No worries man, I kinda jumped in at the deep end myself as a new grower with dwc when I started out so I suppose with enough knowledge you should be ok:yes:

I'll pull up a chair and stick around man, good luck with it:yep:

nice one mate, glad to have you along

Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. 

The manifold guid Nebula put together on the GWE site is a step by step walk through pretty much so coupled with my mates experience and the advice from growers on here like yourself I think I'm as prepared as I can be. 

Id post a link to the guide for anyone who hasn't seen it before but 1. I'm not sure how to do it and 2. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do it? Haha 

• Like 2

Guest dill786
32 minutes ago, Grower not a shower said:

Thanks @dill786, hope you'll stick around

just had a look at your pics of the heaths chisel you did earlier. Looks amazing!

thanks.

it was  a great grow, got 9 ounces of the chiesel.

have a sensi star and a jackie white right now wont be harvesting till 1st week of JAN.. cant wait  lol

Interesting stuff alright, love the form of the plants once the training is put in with main lining :yes:

I just don't have the patience for it mate, I like big ass plants that fill my whole 4x4 with as many bud sites as possible, until I max out what I get grams per watt then maybe I'll try my hand at it:yep:

• Like 3

Just now, Crentz said:

Interesting stuff alright, love the form of the plants once the training is put in with main lining :yes:

I just don't have the patience for it mate, I like big ass plants that fill my whole 4x4 with as many bud sites as possible, until I max out what I get grams per watt then maybe I'll try my hand at it:yep:

The nebula method knocks a few weeks off the original Nugbuckets version while not sacrificing yields hence the reason I'm going to follow hers. I'm the most impatient person I've ever met but if it gives me bigger/better weed then I'm just gonna have to get comfy! Luckily the WW & BC both have relatively short flowering times so hopefully make up for the extra few weeks veg

• Like 2

Set up is looking good mate good luck with your first grow, just wondering did you check the temps with the lights lower down in the tent? I find the lower it sits the hotter it gets, once the plants grown for a bit and it's higher up it becomes more stable, as everyone else is saying coco and mainling is a few steps ahead for a first grow but that being said you seem like you've done your research and are willing to put in the effort so you should do fine, there is plenty well experienced growers on here willing to help aswell along the way, congrats on deciding to go self sufficient 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, highlo said:

Set up is looking good mate good luck with your first grow, just wondering did you check the temps with the lights lower down in the tent? I find the lower it sits the hotter it gets, once the plants grown for a bit and it's higher up it becomes more stable, 

How's it goin @highlo, thanks for looking in bud. 

Aye mate, I had them lowered fully during the test. I know humidity will rise once I start watering and they start growing but I'm pretty sure the environment will be pretty near spot on. Just need the ladies to play nice which is one of the reasons I picked WW & BC. They seem to be idiot proof, fast flowering, high yielding and fast flowering!

1 hour ago, highlo said:

, as everyone else is saying coco and mainling is a few steps ahead for a first grow but that being said you seem like you've done your research and are willing to put in the effort so you should do fine, 

I hear ya mate and I take on board everyone saying it's a big step but in regards to coco as far as I can make out it just involves a bit more watering than soil as it drains quicker and you have to add nutes from the off as coco is inert. Hence the reason I'm using Ionic nutes as they're all 1 part bottles so less chance of getting the mixture wrong. 

As for the mainlining, it looks to be a mixture of topping and lst which I would be doing anyway throughout the grow. At least with this method there shouldn't be as much pruning and weaving as there would be with a scrog. 

Im pretty much playing an Xbox game, on the medium difficulty setting, having never even played with a calculator! Haha. But I'm a quick learner and a sponge for information so the more input I get from others the better. Hopefully you'll tag along 

• Like 2

So checked in on the girls this morning.

The blue widow (BC2 we’ll call her) hasn’t done much since sprouting last night, still trying to shake off the seed. if it hasn’t come off on it’s own by tonight I may help it along large.IMG_0008.JPG

Her sister BC1 isn’t so promising. Tiny tap root showing so I’ve moved her from the coco to a root riot pellet to see if that’ll speed things along. large.IMG_0010.JPG

One of the the white widows (WW1) didn’t make it. I accidentally snapped the taprootwhen I was checking it. It was tiny and honestly didn’t look great so she got binned. 

Her sister WW2 looks like she’s coming along at the same pace as BC2. Hopefully she’ll start to stand up later now she’s exposed to the light  large.IMG_0009.JPG 

• Like 4

I had another seed each of the BC and WW which I was planning on keeping but I’m nervous my tinkering has affected things so I’ve planted them into some root riot pellets and popped them in next to the others. From here on in they’ll be known as BC3 and WW3. 

I mixed up 250ml jug of water and added 1/4 strength formulex and SuperDrive ph 6.4 ec1.2 and gave BC2 and WW2 a little drink as the coco had become slightly dry. I’ll use the leftovers to keep the root riot pellets moist for BC1, BC3 and WW3

all the girls are sat in a tray in my tent with the 250mh on to keep them warm. The doors are open and a 6” clip fan running just to freshen things up. Temp is 22c with 47% humidity 

• Like 1

I haven't got any experience with coco mate but that EC seems extremely high for seedlings, 1.2 equals to 600PPM......I'm in the first week of flower and all four plants are at 600ppm:yes:

formulex and super thrive are very concentrated so be careful or you'll burn the tap root, three little drops of super thrive is enough in one gallon of water:yep:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Crentz said:

I haven't got any experience with coco mate but that EC seems extremely high for seedlings, 1.2 equals to 600PPM......I'm in the first week of flower and all four plants are at 600ppm:yes:

formulex and super thrive are very concentrated so be careful or you'll burn the tap root, three little drops of super thrive is enough in one gallon of water:yep:

I just took the recommended doseage on the bottle and quartered it to give me the amounts for 250ml of water, so 1.25ml of formulex and 0.25ml of SuperDrive. The bottle states it should be ph6 and ec1.0 when mixed so I wasn’t far off

• Like 2

You don't really need to be feeding seedlings anything for up to two weeks mate, some growers like to add a little something to kick start them but tbh is not really needed at the start......some mycorrhizae at the root zone for beneficial fungi is good practice:yep:

They have all the nutrients they need in those first set of feeder leaves to do them for the first 10 days at least.:yes:

just be careful with high EC even if it doesn't burn the plants you will stunt the growth, a lot of nutrient products on the market are not tailor made for cannabis so proceed with caution man. 

I forgot to ask what's the quality of your starting water like?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Crentz said:

You don't really need to be feeding seedlings anything for up to two weeks mate, some growers like to add a little something to kick start them but tbh is not really needed at the start

Cheers for the advice bud. I’ll make sure it’s just plain old tap water from now on

7 minutes ago, Crentz said:

I forgot to ask what's the quality of your starting water like

According to my eti HortiStick it’s ph7.4 ec 0

• Like 2

Hey dude the seeds/lings should get going quicker in the coco vs root riot once sprouted.

I started my first load of seeds in coco and watered with just rhizoctonic and they instantly showed deficiencies. 

I now feed seedlings in coco from the get go, just a low EC of .8. A&B, root stim, and cal mag.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Crentz said:

No worries mate:yep:

is that tap water your using or reverse osmosis water man?

The reason I ask is no tap water has an EC of zero. 

Tap water mate. 

I thought there here was something wrong but I’ve calibrated the pen 3 times and retested. each time it comes back the same? 

I think I may have the wron calibration fluid. Pen says to use ec2.8 to calibrate but the stuff in the shop was only 2.76. Guy said it was the right stuff but I’m starting to think it probably isn’t 

• Like 2