Grower not a shower

Hi everyone and welcome along to my very first attempt at growing....anything....ever!

ive been lurking in this site for a couple of years but have finally went out and bought myself everything (I think) I need to grow my own bush. 

KIT

75x75x200 budbox tent

4” td extract fan, acoustic ducting and rhino hobby cf

660w dimmable ballast + 250w mh (veg) 600w hps (flower)

6” clip fan and 9” floor fan

STRAINS GROWING 

2 x Dinafem White Widow 

2 x Dinafem Blue Cheese

im going to be attempting to follow Nebula’s Manifold technique from the GWE site as I’ve been reading up on this for years and it seems like the way for me. 

I had my gear running for a few days before my seeds arrived just to make sure I could control the temp and humidity and after some hammering and sawing I got it sitting steady at 24c and 30% with the 600w lamp in and ballast cranked up to 660w. Those td fans are pretty good!

My seeds arrived yesterday and I immediately planted them in little biodegradable pots 3/4 filled with coco and pre-soaked with plain tap water. Once the standing water had run out the pots I placed each seed in pointy side down and covered loosely with a 1/2” layer of coco. I then popped them into my propagator and into the airing cupboard covered with a towel to keep it dark. Temps are ranging from 18c when the heating goes off and 24c when it’s on. Humidity steady around 55-60%.

They’ll be staying in there until they’ve cracked the surface then it’s out of the airing cupboard and into the tent under 250w mh with the extract running. 

I’m using ionic nutes but will be starting them off with some formulex until probably the second set of fan leaves then switch to 1/4 strength nutes

Once they're 6 nodes high it will be time for the first top and clean up then tie the branches down to begin forming my manifold. Let them grow another couple of nodes each side then it’s one last top and clean up. They’ll be vegged until just below 1/2 my desired finishing height then it’ll be in with the 600w HPS, ballast down to 400w and increase it up to 660w week by week

Ill be posting pics as I go so feel free to jump in with any pointers, criticism (good and bad) or just for a blether. 

Below are a couple of pics of my tent and ventilation. Next photos will be when they pop their heads through to say hello

cheers for reading 

Tent is in the en-suite of my bedroom with the shower ripped out. Kept the sink and toilet in case I spend too much time up here with the girls ha

large.IMG_0006.JPG

extract rigged up to an existing, unused extractor fan which vents out through the roof

large.IMG_0007.JPG

• Like 19

Hello mate...best of luck with the grow.  I have a similar set up to you but with a 1m2 tent. I'm thinking the 600w will mebs be a bit too much, I'm in an outside garage so can get away with it in a 1m2 tent. From info gained on here it's advisable to match the lamp to the wattage if your gonna be dialing the ballast down. It would be handy if you could get hold of a 400w lamp, also a cfl or something for the first 2 weeks when they pop up, they'd be easy cooked with the 250.

Cheers

• Like 4

Hi @sroporilshootand thanks for looking in. 

Ive test run everything and after adding an extra passive intake I’ve managed to get temps steady at 24c and humidity <30% so that’ll do for me. 

The lamp I’ve got is ok to run dialled down according to the guy in the shop and it’s only for a week after I flip them just so they’re not shocked too much by the change. 

Obviously if things start looking ropey then I’ll change my mind but for now I’m gonna see how it goes haha. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sroporilshoot said:

@Grower not a shower That's cool man. I'm at the other end of the scale heat wise, garage is getting baltic.  

Cheers

When I first did a test run the temps sky rocketed up to >40c with 70% humidity! I knew that the 4" fan I'd bought should cope with the 600w cos I'd done so many sums that confirmed it so I got busy with the hammer and created some extra space all round the tent which helped the tent's built in passives. I then ran an extra passive by using some spare ducting and putting it near the window. Turned everything back on and hey presto it worked. Nice steady environment. 

• Like 3

If anyone reading this has any experience of mainlining/manifolding then please follow along and give me some pointers. This method has intrigued me for years and got my heart set on giving it s go this grow. Pretty sure the WW & BC will enjoy it too as long as I do it right. Like I mentioned above, I'm following the nebula method from GWE  so I'm pretty confident of the process but if anyone notices me doing something wrong or anything wrong with the plants then please pipe up.

ill update with pics once they pop their heads up

• Like 1

If anyone reading this has any experience of mainlining/manifolding then please follow along and give me some pointers. This method has intrigued me for years and got my heart set on giving it s go this grow. Pretty sure the WW & BC will enjoy it too as long as I do it right. Like I mentioned above, I'm following the nebula method from GWE  so I'm pretty confident of the process but if anyone notices me doing something wrong or anything wrong with the plants then please pipe up.

ill update with pics once they pop their heads up

• Like 2

Hey man, wishing you all the best of luck with your first ever grow. :yep:

You certainly have jumped in head first trying main lining and not to mention coco, I would advise maybe getting at least one grow under your belt before trying the main lining so you can see which way plants behave after being topped and trained man:yes:

check out @Green demon thread for tips and info 

• Like 8

Cheers for looking in @Crentz and I appreciate the words of caution. 

I've done so much reading on this method over the past couple of years that I honestly think I'd make a better job of that than say a scrog. Everyone recommends topping at least once even on a first attempt so as far as I see it I'm only topping it one other time then a little bit of lst and it's pretty much done as far as training goes. 

My my mate has experience of mainlining and is only a phone call away. He had a similar set up to mine and also did 4 plants at a time and he harvested between 16-24oz of dried bud (16 on his first attempt!)

• Like 3

So I've just had a little look in on the girls and 1 of the blue cheese has just popped through the surface still wearing her little hat. I think she may have been planted a little shallower than the other 3 but I'm hopeful that I'll see all 4 of them by tomorrow morning now that they're in the tent with the light on to keep them a bit warmer

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, dill786 said:

looks great, good luck with the grow  :)

Thanks @dill786, hope you'll stick around

just had a look at your pics of the heaths chisel you did earlier. Looks amazing!

• Like 1

No worries man, I kinda jumped in at the deep end myself as a new grower with dwc when I started out so I suppose with enough knowledge you should be ok:yes:

I'll pull up a chair and stick around man, good luck with it:yep:

• Like 3