Newvape flowerpot

golf.007

Newvape have changed their name to Cannabis Hardware in reaction to the vape postage ban in the US

So nobody can confuse their products with those evil ecig vaping products now lol

I keep meaning to grab a larger bowl from plusplus to compare as I find the old standard NV (sorry CH lol) glass bowl a little too small and make more mess with it than I do stirring and filling the Ti bowl. 

Would like to try the new CH glass bowl to see how it affects the flow too as the old ones (and the plusplus copies) also add a little extra restriction so I need to turn the heat down 20 degrees for the same colour avb I get with a Ti bowl. I think it'd be better with a handle tho tbh :) (not that that really matters to us in the EU tho cos I've not seen any on this side of the pond and CH are always sold out lol) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

Newvape have changed their name to Cannabis Hardware in reaction to the vape postage ban in the US

So nobody can confuse their products with those evil ecig vaping products now lol

I keep meaning to grab a larger bowl from plusplus to compare as I find the old standard NV (sorry CH lol) glass bowl a little too small and make more mess with it than I do stirring and filling the Ti bowl. 

Would like to try the new CH glass bowl to see how it affects the flow too as the old ones (and the plusplus copies) also add a little extra restriction so I need to turn the heat down 20 degrees for the same colour avb I get with a Ti bowl. I think it'd be better with a handle tho tbh :) (not that that really matters to us in the EU tho cos I've not seen any on this side of the pond and CH are always sold out lol) 

Hi Honh. Really pleased with mine. Initially added a screen but found that caused blow back and abv kept popping out making a mess. So removed it and all good. Doesn't seem to be getting clogged up too quick....

Agree with the draw resistance. Funny really as I'm reading your point  after just melting my face.

Received a new rig today which had lots of resistance. Of course tried it as soon as I had opened it with the new glass bowl. But I left PID temp at the same setting for my weak draw rig. 

Well away I went with my slow controlled draw and suddenly my eyes are streaming and my face melting. Cleared that bowl in a oner. Great stuff but perhaps not at 11am and I now need to take the head off an engine....

Read about there branding change... What a joke FFS. The power of the tobacco lobby.

Fortunately they have emphasised discrete packaging as I preferred NV to CH...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 16/02/2021 at 3:42 PM, Bubbles Depot said:

. The sapphire dish takes the flavour to another level still.

Sapphire dish arrived Tuesday having ordered on 4/20. 20% savings helped with the bastard import tax.

At us150 it is not cheap. But the smoothness is massively enhanced with greater flavours. My NV PID is set to 500f and I'm getting great clouds from small dose, generally finished in a oner. 

If the cost is affordable, I recommend. 

• Like 3

My glass bowls arrived from DHGate - they sent 5 instead of 2 but completely the wrong size. The bowl is much smaller in diameter and the handle is too far up for the head. Will have to order some official ones.

Recently picked up a Santa Cruz Shredder and the uniform, coarse grind it gives is taking my convection vapes to a new level of performance. Best of all, no tiny bits readily clogging up screens. I've gone from cleaning the Tinymight daily to every 4 days :) 

• Like 2

Just now, SYZYGY said:

My glass bowls arrived from DHGate - they sent 5 instead of 2 but completely the wrong size. The bowl is much smaller in diameter and the handle is too far up for the head. Will have to order some official ones.

Recently picked up a Santa Cruz Shredder and the uniform, coarse grind it gives is taking my convection vapes to a new level of performance. Best of all, no tiny bits readily clogging up screens. I've gone from cleaning the Tinymight daily to every 4 days :) 

Bummer. I received my 2 spares and they were fine. They were from plus plus I think. 

I've heard good things about SCS. My brilliant cut is now working alongside my v old space case. Both are v good grinders.

Hope you find your correct glass.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have the santa cruz meduim 4 part in anodised red...theres a couple of things; My cheapo EDIT grinder is better, the black one with the funny face laser etched on the lid, its a two parter, and I got it free years ago with my first vape...The SC's kief screen I have also found to be largely useless too, in fact I have uninstalled it to my bottom drawer, it just lets a shed load of material through anyway

If you have proper sticky icky, you wil be cleaning crushed and smashed weed of the teeth all time and unjamming it all the time too. If you have proper dry weed you will grind it to powder in just a few turns. Ive gone back to my old wooden grinder for the time being...

I even tried to return it and buy a cannastor, but It was out of free return and I was ringfenced lollollol

Its not a bad grinder if you think for it and help it along - (not good for a stoner...high maintenance bitch), but you need to be on it. Get it wrong, and the grinder is done for until the next day, no joke...it just jams and tears weed a bit too easily...you need to work it as well, cause IME the standard grind is a bit course, so you need to 'washing machine' it - SCs tech suport explained it to me. Turn the grinder on its side so the weed falls into the teeth to grind not tghru the collect holes......By contrast my cheapo chops it through, fluffs it up and presents me with a perfect refinement to my vaping, every time...`

Its well made, anodised well, but I use my cheapo, and if my weed is proper sticky I use an old fashioned wooden grinder, with simple brass pins. Thats a good consistency for the Flowerpot. I found the SC was too course more often than not, when a fine grind is the best for a Flowerpot - but my wooden grinder is the tool of choice by a mile..., to be fair it is hard hitting, but the flavour could be better, I dry vape it through a small custom piece too...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2021 at 10:03 AM, SYZYGY said:

Recently picked up a Santa Cruz Shredder and the uniform, coarse grind it gives is taking my convection vapes to a new level of performance. Best of all, no tiny bits readily clogging up screens. I've gone from cleaning the Tinymight daily to every 4 days

Really disappointed with the Santa Cruz, not for the grind in general it's nice for my TM but the fact they put a screen in the bottom that's so tight it get's gunked by my resin glands and is pretty much useless.

It also struggles with tight nugs I can't be bothered to break up properly when I'm wanting to be quick so I'm using the big bastard that came with the flowerpot - no more problems lol 

I'm still using the showerhead, not got round to resin extraction yet so it only see's herb usage - I am interested in the v-rod though with the reviews it gets on flavour and those glass bits sound decent are they just for extracts or can herb go in them? 

I much prefer the 3 part Santa Cruz Shredder to any 4 part grinder these days. No screen to get clogged up and the rounded container is easy to get empty and clean.

• Like 2

@Bubbles Depot yes mate I'm going to bang the screen out of mine with a punch (a metal one) I'll never forgive one of my ex's for throwing my space case out the car window, she was getting on my tits while I was driving so I told her to wind her neck in and she didn't like it being the strong independant cock sucker she was, I could have thrown the bitch out with it lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Back to flowerpot news.

Have had the baller mod for a couple of weeks now.

Imo it's a superb upgrade. Elevates an already excellent vape to an even higher level.

Went with 3mm rubies. Additional screen is required as only one provided. 

PID temps down to 585f.

No cap required which in itself is fantastic (unless dabbing).

Flavour has increased. 

Milks much quicker. .3 g bowl done in a single draw.

Resistance has increased but I like it.

Even more powerful at lower temperatures. It's back on the top spot for me.

Imo should be standard config.

• Like 5

Dammit. I was hoping it wouldn't make too much difference so I could save some money! 

I might wait for the weedeater version tho.

Edited by Bubbles Depot
  • Like 3

On 24/09/2021 at 2:12 PM, Exhale said:

Really disappointed with the Santa Cruz, not for the grind in general it's nice for my TM but the fact they put a screen in the bottom that's so tight it get's gunked by my resin glands and is pretty much useless.

Just seen this mate. Yeah, it's the 3 piece one I have with a nice bowl for finger scooping. I hate 4 piece grinders with a passion. 

On 24/09/2021 at 2:12 PM, Exhale said:

It also struggles with tight nugs I can't be bothered to break up properly when I'm wanting to be quick so I'm using the big bastard that came with the flowerpot - no more problems

Mine gets tricky when it's well past needing a clean but otherwise I don't have an issue with dense nugs. The Flowerpot one stays in my drawer after almost breaking a few toes after slipping out my hands. 

On 15/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, M Pamplemousse said:

Have had the baller mod for a couple of weeks now

I'm not spending any more £ on vapes. I'm not spending any more £ on vapes. I'm not spending any more £ on vapes :taz:

I do like the sound of increased draw resistance tho... :unsure:lol 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

I'm not spending any more £ on vapes. I'm not spending any more £ on vapes. I'm not spending any more £ on vapes :taz:

I do like the sound of increased draw resistance tho... :unsure:lol 

It's on my wishlist although it has to be said I won't be going to vapefiend, they've really messed me around lately with stock.

Will be going direct to manufacturer in future, cut out the middleman.

• Like 1