Newvape flowerpot

golf.007

Ooooops..... Have just ordered the vrod bundle.  Thought id better check it out based on the rave reviews.....

Not cheap but thought Id celebrate a week (only ffs!!) of dropping the smoking.  Have given up (smoking) several times now but hope this will push me through the habit..... My reward may be premature but fuck it. 

• Like 3

Well, it arrived yesterday (good job @vapefiend)

This thing should come with a warning!!!!

Planning on providing a brief review for anyone sitting on the fence due to the cost.....

In the meantime, WOW.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to changing my PID to display Celsius, only took me a year lol don't forget to change your temp settings as when you change to Celsius the values for Fahrenheit will still be set!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 05/09/2020 at 7:42 AM, Bubbles Depot said:

I failed to resist the urge... Just ordered the T Bucket with sapprire dish. Bring on the flavours!

Can I ask your opinion on this. How much better than the vrod for concentrate? Thanks....

• Like 2

To be honest i find it significantly better, especially for low temps and/or large dabs.

The vrod is great for the occasional dab but it doesn't really compare for heavy concentrate usage imo.

The big dish and bottom coil on the tbucket produces denser clouds than the vrod, at lower temperatures. Also the vapour path leads away from the coil, which helps cool things down for smoother, tastier hits. The sapphire dish takes the flavour to another level still.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bubbles Depot said:

To be honest i find it significantly better, especially for low temps and/or large dabs.

The vrod is great for the occasional dab but it doesn't really compare for heavy concentrate usage imo.

The big dish and bottom coil on the tbucket produces denser clouds than the vrod, at lower temperatures. Also the vapour path leads away from the coil, which helps cool things down for smoother, tastier hits. The sapphire dish takes the flavour to another level still.

Bollox. Where's my debit card ...

Thanks for the appraisal. I suspected as much. Presumably you can use the same PID?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Bollox. Where's my debit card ...

Thanks for the appraisal. I suspected as much. Presumably you can use the same PID?

Yeah you can use the same controller, just need a flat coil for it.

It's probably worth mentioning that the tbucket will stick out quite far from the glass joint on your rig, so it does require a sturdy base to help prevent accidental toppling. The dcup is a bit smaller and is comparable, plus I think you can get it from vapefiend if you wanna avoid the import fees. I have no regrets about going for the tbucket tho.

• Like 2

On 16/02/2021 at 8:27 PM, Bubbles Depot said:

Yeah you can use the same controller, just need a flat coil for it.

It's probably worth mentioning that the tbucket will stick out quite far from the glass joint on your rig, so it does require a sturdy base to help prevent accidental toppling. The dcup is a bit smaller and is comparable, plus I think you can get it from vapefiend if you wanna avoid the import fees. I have no regrets about going for the tbucket tho.

Vapefiend have a good package with 20% discount on the dcup. Got quite excited until I realised not with the sapphire. So I'm going to look at the states. Makes not much odds to me as I'm in eu so import fees apply whatever.

Whilst I find the vrod superb for flower, I think my AVS m22 mod based atomiser gives better flavour at lower temps, just not the clouds. I would like to recreate this with a desktop and it would appear the dcup or tbucket would fit the bill, although the tbucket seems to have the slight edge wrt lower temps.

Since end of year I've had better experience importing from China and Canada than UK except for my subbie seeds! They arrived super fast....

Thanks again for your thoughts. Looks like I need to find a few more euros :haveadab:

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling
  • Like 2

@Bubbles Depot

Just bought the vapefiend dcup package. It's v1 dcup so not as refined as the V2 or the t bucket, but for £273 (that's without UK vat which I may have to pay on receipt in EU) I couldn't resist.

It includes a non branded PID and coil but I'm not fussed about that.

It does include newvape bits like dcup handle and dcup holder  and some terp balls etc which would be extra from newvape with their package.

And free postage and of course the great customer support they give....

And if I like it, I can re use most parts with a new tbucket body and sapphire bucket. My plan is to wait to a 4 20 sale for these bits..... They are a tad pricey.

So hopefully in a week's time I will be rocking a vrod and dcup. Might look into one of those crazy double connection for blasting both at same time.....  Although my wife already is concerned that my vape station becomeing more like a space station!

Will give an update once I've had a blast..... :haveadab:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Bubbles Depot and anyone else interested in concentrate desktop vapes.

Have had by dcup for 48 hours and wow, it's amazing.

Vrod for flower or twaxing only now. The dcup is sooooo much smoother. The difference is night and day. Small glob of goodness and I can get 4 to 5 milky clouds with the last having the same smoothness as the first.

Cleanup is really simple and zero chazz left. I found the vrod needed regular cleaning.

And now vapefiend have reduced the price further. And you get a newvape branded PID and coil as per the vrod, not generic as listed. For £299 I think it is a bargain and the performance on dcup v1 compared to the current V2 is the same, the changes have improved cleaning only..... 

I don't think I need to upgrade to the t bucket as I can't see any major improvement over the cost of this vapefiend package. The sapphire cup i will buy but I'm going to wait on the next sale as I can only source direct.... 

So if anyone is on the fence about this, I would grab the vapefiend bargain before they have gone.....

:haveadab:

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Have just received my glass bowl/shovelhead for the vrod.

Want expecting much difference but I was wrong. Really nice improvement. Improved flavour and smoothness. Going to buy a couple more as I'm sure to break it at some point.

Had to buy from China as everywhere sold out. Recommended by FC and it's a thumbs up from me also.

• Like 4

Just ordered 2 x 14mm glass bowls and a SAML Bee Hive bubbler from the gate (Popular Glass) :yep:  I've been after a glass piece with a small chamber and a long, narrow mouthpiece... this seems to fit the bill nicely. 

• Like 2