Yo yo @smokie1 b c f c young player how's it going? That's for dropping by with words from the wise. I just figured it out bro like you say. Even fully rooted out these girls need time between feeds. 

I havnt set the drippers on timers yet. Just been messing around with frequencies to see how they respond. So far I've done constant, once a day, and a few times a day. All on different plants. 

My conclusion is inconclusive. Obviously they need time to dry out because there's not enough oxygen. So for now I'll just water them when they need it. Prob once a day seeing as it's a bit cooler running CMH. 

But i think with an air pump and diffuser in the res then maybe I'll get away with more frequent dripping. Hopefully once flower takes off it'll be easier to set a timer up.

• Like 1

They are looking a lot better this morning, not sure if this translates in the photo, but they leaves have certainly lost some moisture and are picking back up again.

large.IMG_200.jpg

The chemdawgs were all upright again after their supercropping. I took this as insolence on their part, a straight up refusal to bend over! I hit em again harder this time. They will bush out!

large.IMG_201.jpg

• Like 3

Since getting plucked from the peat pellet and getting transplanted into coco the Black DOG clone has kicked out a few roots. She's now been transplanted into a 2L pot with a dose of ecothrive mixed in. Watered with just root stim at pH 5.8, and trimmed the dead crap off her leaves. Temps staying around 22/3 degrees with humidity at 65%.

large.IMG_222.jpglarge.IMG_223.jpglarge.IMG_220.jpglarge.IMG_221.jpglarge.IMG_224.jpg

large.IMG_225.jpg

• Like 5

hi green demon.

nice looking 4 headers there mate, i see your giving them girls some bondage with the super cropping . 

i hate s/cropping i do, i always get the odd few week ones that go snap. lol 

them will bush out some now know say. them air pots are looking sound. i will be buying some of them for my next run. plus a humidifier and a cmh light. its your falt mate,you set me off on new things for the grow. its all good man. 

that black dog clone looks like a fat little biatch, looks simular to one of my em dogs from humboldt. 

• Like 1

Ello mate! I'm a big fan of supercropping. When done right it creates beast mode stems and bushes out the lower nodes. I tend to over do it though and end up breaking off branches. So I do my own style. Pinch the stem but not the bend. When it's healed then I LST it. I haven't lost any limbs since taking this approach lol 

I use it to try and maintain an even canopy but also to encourage the lower nodes to grow out so they can be taken as cuts before going into flower like I did with the Xodus Cheese and Critical Jack. 

The air pots are sweet mate. My hydro shop calls them root pruners, a cheaper alternative to air pots. IMO they're better than airpots because they're shorter and fatter, plus they are all one piece so nothing to loose. Bloody easy to clean and reuse. I've got loads of em now. I like going from 2L to 7.5L or 3L to 12L. 

The humidifier is an awesome bit of kit. The difference it's made in the plants is quite phenomenal. I'm keeping humidity at 65%, with temps at 23 degrees VPD is spot on. This should speed veg once I get the feed sorted out, plants should fly.

lol mate you won't regret the CMH uprgrade these things are the nuts. In my 1.2m tent for veg I was using a 400w MH, a 250w MH, a 2' 4 Tube T5 and it still looked like more light was needed but temps were at 25/6 degrees. 

One CMH at 315w nearly lights the entire space. I'd say a metre square perfect for veg, 4'x4' is a bit much. 

Ive put two CMH in a 1m2 tent to flower and the temps are 23 degrees, and it looks insanely bright. The low heat and high umol count makes these lamps perfect for tent growing. HPS are great, effective, produce great yield,but they make environmental control a nightmare. CMH really are cool as a mo fo.

Ah I love my little BD clone. To survive when none of the others did makes her special in my book. Plus this strain has been getting insanely good feedback and smokers reviews. I think she's gonna stay a part of my garden for a long time, touch wood!

Easy peeps

• Like 1

Ecothrive virgin here too matey. I used the soil guidelines by accident, you can use double in coco, whoops. I've used guanakalong mixed in with biobizz all mix and the results were incredible so I'm hoping similar from this stuff. I think Ecothrive is more about plant health than supplementing nutrients though, not sure, either way reviews have been positive so I thought I'd give it a try.

• Like 1

The res was a little slimy last night. I figured not enough movement in the water and I've had to leave the lid open because three drip lines come out of it and there's only holes for two. So I've dropped a pump and use one line for the veg tent and one for flower.

The veg supply line then goes through a tee in the tent and has  flow control on both lines coming from it. One line for chemdawg the other for Bubbas and Dogs. 

Ive also built a manifold of Wilma nipple joints to recirculate the res and break the surface area. So lid can shut and hopefully there's enough oxygen now.

large.IMG_232.jpglarge.IMG_231.jpg

• Like 3

Still not watered/fed the bubbas and Dogs since transplant and they're still looking over watered to me. Top of the coco looks dry but by weight there's plenty of moisture in the pots so I'm gonna let them a bit longer. I got in the tent earlier and did a bit of LST, creeping each cola towards the edge of the pot.

Whilst I was in there I Earthed each plant as well.

large.IMG_254.jpglarge.IMG_260.jpglarge.IMG_259.jpglarge.IMG_258.jpglarge.IMG_257.jpglarge.IMG_256.jpglarge.IMG_255.jpg

Chemdawgs and CMOGs below. The chemdawgs are crazy. After every supercropping they return to normal like nothing has happened. I'm thinking of maybe doing a happy hippy and flowering all these in small pots. 

large.IMG_262.jpglarge.IMG_261.jpg

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 2

get them onto flower bro. looking good them chemdawgs. 

my tent is took over now, im glad i flipped the swtich to 12/12 when i did. there gonna hit the roof by week 9. 

my temps have dropped to min 18c max of 23 now its got cold outside. im thinking that maybe what is making your girls not drink enough mate. what is your minimum temp at floor/root level mate ? im gonna get a little oil rad on my intake to warm up my tent to about 27c lights on, 22c lights off. wish me luck. lol outdoors its freezing at night time now. i may run my lights at night time now the cold is here. :skin_up:

• Like 2

I think you're right mate. At 23 degrees they just don't drink much, so I lowered the Growstar to warm it up to 25 degrees. Lights go off at midnight so a bit  before I shut the window to trap the heat in. Plus there's an oil rad if temps drop below 18. Didn't want to get the lamps too close and bleach them, it's a fine balancing act lol  Wish I could run lights at night, that would be so sweet! 

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 2

that flooming water you have set up in your res looks like itl put lots of air into the res and mix the nutes up nicely 24/7. :guitar:

i think that flooming water creates more air into the water. i learnt that from my mates carp pond. hes got sturgen and all sorts in there, i would,t want to fall in there. lol 

• Like 1

yeah i was shocked when i just checked my min/max . over the past 6 days it's gone downhill in my tent mate. 

deffo worth a check bro. :yinyang:

• Like 1

Aye the waterfall effect is supposed to be real effective. I've seen guys run DWC with no air pump just waterfall and it looks bubbly as a mo fo in the res!

lol Me neither, especially not this time of year. I'm freezing my knackers off every time I go to the garage for a joint, let alone fall in a pond! I'll go look at the min max now, you got me scared!

• Like 2

yeah its dropped loads the past few days, i was all warm in my room next to the tent a week ago, now at night its freezing,so the oil rad is going on tonight. first setting on 70%

it's mad at how just -4c below 22c how much it slows them rite down, mine were drinking loads, now there still wet. 18c is the least you want,as its stops them up taking nutes properly. as i am sure you know bro. hope you have a min of around 22c. 20c i found is the least they like being in. :yinyang:

i was going to try the waterfall method in dwc but there was a guy who lived downstairs who could here a pin drop. glad i ain't there no more. shame tho as the amount of cheese that room produced supplied half of brum. lol 

• Like 1