To read that all bar 1 plant had hermied is not good news and this I need to report to the team. From what I've been seeing our black d.o.g is a solid production strain, yielding heavy, finishing fast with rock hard buds. I'm not sure what has gone on here to produce so little when they had optimal grow conditions, very strange and I will look into this more :yep:

Now onto a more positive note. Extracts sure are fun and you definitely have thrown yourself into this :)

I've tried rosin with hair straighteners with very little success so very cool to see you trying this tech and getting a bit of solventless hash oil :yep:

Now you have done the serious defoliation on the chemdawg lets see what they can do.

Look out for a pm brother :bong: and as always thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Until next time :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

So apologies this Diary ended so abruptly. I had a lot of shit going on in life and everything seemed to come to a head with a bang. I ended up dropping this Grow and binning all the plants in veg or early flower and everything else just got dumped in the freezer.

I went a few months off the herb but managed to get back into it and when I did I had a freezer full of herb. It was my lucky day I have to say as half the plants had perfectly freeze dried and the buds were available to smoke straight away. The other half I hung out Ito dry on the washing line to dry in the sun.

I had no way of getting a 100% positive ID on what I was smoking but I think I managed to separate the Dog from the Bubba and the Chemdawg. All three get my thumbs up and I'd happily Grow them again. The Chemdawg was my favourite smoke, it's taste and smell are exactly what I enjoy. I found it a good day time smoke that creeps up on you by the end of the day.

The Black Dog was a close runner up and in fact it was my preferred smoke for wake and bake, the buds hit hard and fast, but left no room for motivation.

The Bubba again came a close third with a lovely flavour just personally edged out by the Dog, yet its effect was top draw leaving not much room for anything other than total relaxation.

I made several extracts Iso oil, BHO, Rosin and Bubble hash. 

The Bubble is my favourite. 25 micron bag made some lovely hash, hard hitting and uplifting. Usually my #1 but for some reason the 75 micron bag won the day this time round making some pure hippy crack. Excellent flavour and just a small dose puts me on my arse.

Rosin a very close second with probably the best flavour of the bunch with its effect similar to the 25 micron hash but more intense. Think super racy sativa that induces fear and paranoia, not my kind of experience tbh but lush in small doses.

BHO lovely flavour close to the rosin and hash but falls a bit short. Similar effect to the rosin so not something I'd smoke regularly. 

Iso Oil. What can I say. Worst flavour profile but TBH hands down my favourite when it comes to effect. It's like the 75 micron hash but times ten. One pipe, two pipes, three pipes later you're nothing short of in an opium induced coma. You become very detached, like you're floating on a cloud and life just passes by.

In the end my wife created an oil ban. I gave my stash to two mates and went to see one a month after. He'd just finished what I gave him and he begged me for more. I told him making it is simple and was just about to show him how to do it when his misses threw a fit and told him he couldn't never have oil in the house again. 

I guess me and my mate are the same, just take everything to the excess, but if you do try it you've been warned!

Big shout out to Humbolt seeds for giving me the opportunity to grow their seeds, greatly appreciated, it kept me high for months at a fraction of the cost compared to buying street weed and of course the love that went into the Grow produced flavours and smell that straight up killed Street weed.

Again a massive shout out to @HSO-Mark for the above reasons, always a PM away with advice, and one of the best attitudes I've come across, an excellent dude, thanks for the opportunity to make the Grow possible Brother!

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2018 at 2:09 PM, Green demon said:

Again a massive shout out to @HSO-Mark for the above reasons, always a PM away with advice, and one of the best attitudes I've come across, an excellent dude, thanks for the opportunity to make the Grow possible Brother!

It was my pleasure mate and thank you for dropping back in with Some thoughts on the finished product  :yep:

Really nice to see you back. Hopefully life has settled back down and you'll be back on more frequently  ;)

On 17/10/2018 at 2:09 PM, Green demon said:

Iso Oil. What can I say. Worst flavour profile but TBH hands down my favourite when it comes to effect. It's like the 75 micron hash but times ten. One pipe, two pipes, three pipes later you're nothing short of in an opium induced coma. You become very detached, like you're floating on a cloud and life just passes by.

Welcome to the extract life :bong:

Are you back up and running mate?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark Thanks mate. I think life was always good TBH just sometimes I can't see it. I let anxiety build up, turn into depression, then can't shift it. Fortunately I found my way out again. 

Yes Ive got a Grow back up and running mate. Had a few packs of UGORG seeds (Killer Skunk, Blues, & Honeybadger) stashed away so I'm hunting through them to try a find some mothers. Hopefully going to get a cut of Exodus Cheese if my mate can pull his bloody finger out (I doubt it).

Looking to have another crack at Humbolt again at some point next year. Gonna give Chemdawg another run and the Lemon Thai Kush sounds lush. 

Kind Regards Bro

GD

• Like 3

On 25/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, Green demon said:

Thanks mate. I think life was always good TBH just sometimes I can't see it. I let anxiety build up, turn into depression, then can't shift it. Fortunately I found my way out again. 

I know depression and anxiety well we are old friends. Welcome back into the light brother  :yep:

Nice to read your back up and running.  I find surrounding myself with plants helps my depression, keeps the mind active and hands busy :bong:

Really nice to see you back mate and I'll look out for round 2 with HSO strains when the time is right  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

Thanks @HSO-Mark. You're not wrong mate about gardening. Spent spring and summer tending the allotment, growing and eating from the garden. Was a few months of therapy till I felt better and that indoor growing itch came back.

Nothing like growing yer own herb. I spend hours thinking of reasons to tinker in the tent and sometimes when I'm at a loss of things to do I'll just zip myself up in there with them and see what's going on. 

Ill let you know with a tag or PM when the Humbolt back in my kitchen! Take it easy fella!

GD

• Like 1

On 30/10/2018 at 11:47 AM, Green demon said:

You're not wrong mate about gardening. Spent spring and summer tending the allotment, growing and eating from the garden. Was a few months of therapy till I felt better and that indoor growing itch came back.

Same here brother. I've been doing bits over the year's but really threw myself into outdoors this year. Now I'm setting tents back up lol

It's therapy. Cheaper than a therapist and much prettier lol

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1