So here's the Chemdawgs.

large.IMG_2301.jpglarge.IMG_2300.jpglarge.IMG_2299.jpglarge.IMG_2298.jpglarge.IMG_2297.jpglarge.IMG_2296.jpg

Everything getting fed the same out of convenience lol. 0.8 EC @ph5.8 keeping water temps round 20/3 degrees.

@cocopips Took the puppies out to the garden for a toilet break then went into the tent to feed/water.

Remembered what you said about giving the leaves a good rub so I molested a Chemdawg leaf and smelt my fingers. 

Damn I thought my fingers were covered in dog piss. 

I checked my left hand, clean, so had another little rub ;)

Double damn, these Chemdawgs need a name change ASAP to Dawgs Piss. Holy smokes it potent!

Chocolate Mint OGs are flying away

large.IMG_2287.jpg

Nice fluffy roots on all but one poking through.large.IMG_2288.jpglarge.IMG_2289.jpg

Since topping the Bubbas and Black Dogs for four leads I've been doing a bit of canopy control.

In the pic below the upper lead was out growing the other, it's almost caught up now but there was a noticeable size difference

large.IMG_2281.jpg

So here pictured again below but upside down, shows what I do. Gently stroke the lead flat, a couple of times a day and quickly the other lead catches up.large.IMG_2279.jpg

Below you can see the after effects of the stroking large.IMG_2282.jpglarge.IMG_2283.jpg

Now there's enough meat on the top two leads I've begun LST to hold them down to allow the bottom two leads to get more light and catch up.

large.IMG_2277.jpglarge.IMG_2278.jpglarge.IMG_2285.jpglarge.IMG_2284.jpglarge.IMG_2286.jpg

@GreengoStarr Thanks for stopping by mate, your signature with the revegging is missing unless I'm being a doughnut, but thanks for telling me about it I'll go have a look! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Green demon said:

@GreengoStarr Thanks for stopping by mate, your signature with the revegging is missing unless I'm being a doughnut, but thanks for telling me about it I'll go have a look! 

M8, I went back to the grow diary and saw you had actually liked the pics of the reveg at harvest time! The diary is called harvest time or some such thing, but if you can't see the link for some reason, here it is again

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/382660-white-widow-x-big-bud/&page=3

Unfortunately,I am still waiting on the chemdag and CMOG seeds to arrive to start them, but I may have to leave them until next grow as the clones I was planning on growing with them and pollinating are just getting too big. In an effort to slow them down, I cut the light down to 14 hours on, 10 hours off, but they started flowering, so I've had to up the light hours again to get them to revert to vegging again.

Edited by GreengoStarr
  • Like 2

Ah thought I'd seen it @GreengoStarr but wanted to see it again! Awesome plant mate and I love how the buds changed shape. I wonder if this is because the plant was reaching maturity?! They supposed to be a few months old before they flower in the wild I think. How much of the plant did you leave after harvest? Do you have to leave a bud on it for a future growth point? Cheers for contributing bro!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Green demon said:

Ah thought I'd seen it @GreengoStarr but wanted to see it again! Awesome plant mate and I love how the buds changed shape. I wonder if this is because the plant was reaching maturity?! They supposed to be a few months old before they flower in the wild I think. How much of the plant did you leave after harvest? Do you have to leave a bud on it for a future growth point? Cheers for contributing bro!

I think the buds were different due to me using GH ripen on the reveg as, apart from revegging her, that was the only thing I did differently.

Yeah, you definitely have to leave some greenery for it to reveg. I chopped the bulk of the stems and left about 7 or 8 small larfy buds at the bottom. As it grew, I took cuts from the top of the plant to allow it to grow with a more even canopy and provide the clones for the next generation. Had I started the diary from the beginning of the grow, I would have provided a lot more info on my practices. For example, after harvest, I took the remains of the plant out of DWC and put it into a recirculating top feed hydro system  still in the net pot inside a larger pot and put it on 24/0 until it started revegging - incredibly it started after only a week. I then waited until it was well and truly revegging and then took it out of the net pot and cut the root ball back so it was only about 5 inches around and then repotted it into its final pot with hydroton. Once she was happily revegging, I cut the light  back to 19/5 for the remainder of the vegetative growth period.

I was comparing my methodology to that outlined earlier by Happy Hippy and was asking myself if it might not be better to cut back the root ball at harvest time to save stressing the plant from harvest and then stressing her again when I cut the root ball, but, to be honest, she didn't even bat an eyelid when I cut the root ball and she continued growing without a pause.

• Like 6

Sounds naughty mate, could be a sign of things to come, im not a huge fan of the acrid ammonia type smells in flower but when its dry it smells much better imo. You got a nice selection on the go there, are you planning on taking cuts and looking for a mum to keep? Im sure theres gonna be a keeper there, im keeping my eye on the black dog cos its had raving reviews on the hso site

• Like 2

Yah me neither mate, nothing attractive about herb that smells like piss lol I grew a few Mr Nice Medicine Man, formerly White Rhino, and that was the same. Raw ammonia all the way through flower but after chop and a cure it was something else. Really acrid smoke, wasn't unpleasant, but it's was incredibly potent!

Yup cuts and or reveg mate. See what lefts when it's all said and done. Hopefully a mum for each strain and a Chemdawg Dad to cross with the lot. Im thinking I might get a couple of autos to stick in the veg tent for Xmas too. 

Black Dog sounds like a heavyweight smoke, definitely getting hyped up by the peeps that have grown it so fingers crossed she's an easy rooter!

Sweet cheers Greengo! Similar to cutting a rose back really then. Hard prune and leave some greenery. Will be the first time I've attempted a reveg so looking forward to seeing it. I've done it with a couple of cutting mind you but that was a long time ago!

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 6

Well I've been manic the last week. Bare minimum of leafy wet herb has left me wired. A good thing tbh becoz ive got up off my arse and done something.

Had to have the builders out so I dropped my tent and put the plants into hiding for a few days. They ain't been watered, fed, seen much light and look pretty pissed off.

I could've set back up sooner but A i couldn't be bothered and B I was waiting to get my new kit.

I wanted a green cube but not one had the size I wanted, well amazon did but I wanted a physical shop. Apparently green cube are shit with supply and demand so Budbox have been asked to replicate their sizes.

So I got 1.2x2.4x2.2 white box. The quality isn't as good as my lighthouse but it's still good and most importantly has the ports for irrigation.

Due to no LEC stock I've only got one. Wanting at least two for now I bought a Growstar parabolic and fitted it out with CMH.

Im thinking the Growstar will be for the veg tent and LECs in flower.

So I bought the necessary parts to make a prototype IWS brain bucket and connect it through flex pipe to a garland tray.

its as simple chips. 25mm hole saw. Drill hole in tray, drill hole in bucket. Push barbed straight piece and barbed elbow into either end of pipe. Attach one end of pipe to tray with sealing gland and the other to the bucket with sealing gland.

Connect a maxijet pump with a float switch. Put pump into bottom of bucket with hose to sink.

Put float switch into bucket and set height.

large.IMG_2413.jpg

Switch on. Water tray, water fills bucket, float switch rises and switches on pump, waste goes down the sink.

Just ironing out a few details. Will be able to tweak it given time. For now here's some pissed off plants.

Actually some real nice fluffy roots on these CMOGs.

large.IMG_2398.jpglarge.IMG_2397.jpg

CMH makes my hands look ultra pink lol seriously love the light to work under. Plants look freakin epic.

large.IMG_2404.jpg

Bought an ultrasonic humidifier top left. Plants get more spent on them than I do lol It fires out warm or cool mist, high:low volume of vapour, timed, set humidity, or auto function. This beauty is hopefully get me a happy VPD range.

Say hello to my little friends

large.IMG_2403.jpglarge.IMG_2402.jpg

CMOGs

large.IMG_2399.jpg

Chemdawglarge.IMG_2412.jpg

Bubba and Black Doglarge.IMG_2410.jpglarge.IMG_2409.jpglarge.IMG_2408.jpglarge.IMG_2411.jpg

New hygrometer with a probe. Top reading is probe temp, middle the temp around the device and bottom reading humidity. The probe can be put in water as well so hand gaget.large.IMG_2400.jpg

• Like 6

Gotta get meself one of these cmh jobbies they look the dogs danglies. Im a bit of a skin flint tho i keep checking on the prices i think i can pick up the ballast, lamp and adapter for 169quid so just out of my price range. Id probably just swap out the 600w with the 315w cmh, sounds crazy but from what ive seen id go for quality over quantity any day (and save electric) 

Plants look great btw

• Like 3

@Green demon

Bloody hell dude i thought i had plenty on the go lol all the toys you have for the room,humidifiers and the such i bet your skin is in perfect condition and the more time in the room the younger you look,blimey id be a teenager again in no time..

The Choc mint Og are the healthiest and fastest growing plants in my viv and the 1st to show as well,did you use all the tops you chopped off as cuts or mum plants when you topped back ?

I would have found a corner for em so you have mums ready to go from the plants your growing out,after the smoke test just remove any that dont rock your world.

Wicked growing buddy,noice :yep:

peace

• Like 5

looking proper kushty in your tent greendemon mate. 

i see you got the humidifyer. and the cmh. dam i need me one of them cmh and a humidifyer. 

considering you had the plants in the dark for a few days they look sound, getting nice and bushy them big girls are , they will take off under your new cmh. 

i have been thinking of buying a mini grow star for a few years now. lol il get a cmh one for christmas to myself, why not hey mate. :smokin:

• Like 2

@cocopips Cheers mate. Dogs Danglies lol Ahmen to that brother. I try not to swear online coz any one can read it but for these I'll make an exception. Kids look away. 

These lights are mother fucking awesome. Only one of the Exodus Cheese and one Black Dog have had consistently praying leaves. All the others have looked meh.

Seriously after only two hours under these new lights, I look in and holy shit almost everyone is having a party.

Im as tight as a ducks butt. Water tight. I've always worked to pay bills not earn millions. When it comes to spending money I look at it like a scale of diminishing returns.

Im getting lazy in my older age and can't be arsed to hand water or keep on emptying saucers. 

I look into drain to waste drip kits and they seem high tech and if I had the funds idve bought one no doubt.

Being skint I set about looking at how they worked, broke down each component and realised with a little effort I could proberbaly make a DTW system.

Scale of diminishing returns. I could pay £500 and get a ready to go system, or take a couple of weeks designing and prototyping and hopefully have one for under £100. Ive gone DIY.

I need 21st century lamps and reflectors. To make either I'd need a lifetime so I fork out the money if I have it with no hesitation, like buying food. Something's just have to be got. Like CMH lol 

@Happy Hippy Thanks brother! lol I know mate I'm a right sod. I get something in my head and I can't be stopped. I found out about VPD and I wanted to nail it. Hence the ultrasonic humidifier.

its been dryer than a nuns .... in my tent since it's been operational and I've been lusting after a humidifier (ultrasonic) for ages. 

I was going to get a cheaper one and run it through a reptile humidistat/controller but when I saw this one had it all built in I thought f it.

I did actually try and clone every top although they were a bit small. Tried a different method, one of the stickies but don't rate the results.

looks like two Black Dog might have cloned, they look healthy but no sign of roots yet.

I used to get 100% clone rate with my blue cheese just dipping in clonex, put cut in peat pellet and inside prop with lid misted and leaves clipped. Wish I was getting those results right now.

Good to hear your feedback on CMOG. Same as my mate. Just been round and looked at his grow. Exodus Cheese clone only and CMOG and the later looks like a real strong healthy plant. I can't wait to smoke it again TBH.

Cuts or reveg bro I aint letting a plant go til I know it not for me. Not after losing my blue cheese. Never again.

@smokie1 b c f c Cheers brudda! The more control the better. I want to get the temperature and humidity inside the optimum range to get the right VPD. I want to see want a tent full of open stomatas looks like!

lol mate I've lusted after a Growstar for fuckin years as well. First time I've ever seen one in the flesh. When he told me at the shop I could only have one LEC I had to get the Star. 

I was worried it would dwarf the tiny CMH lamp and put out shit reflection put it seems to be epic in there.

You def get yourself one mate. If only for a daylight lamp to veg with. These CMH have just made my MH lamps redundant. I'm gonna give em all to my mate. I've got about five lol 

Cause I can't get anymore LECs till after Xmas I'm thinking of getting a 750w Gavita to go in between the two.

Ive got two 6" RVKs for in and out ATM. One A1 and one L1. Right now they're just turning air around on idle but mathematically speaking they might not be enough for the Gav.

Not sure it's worth getting a G750 then finding out the maths is correct and I'll either have to upgrade extraction or dim the lamp. Neither ideal....

• Like 5

yeah fair play getting the grow star and a cmh mate. 

i would say that you may get away with using your 6 inch l1 high power if you got yourself a gavita, them are a proper bit of kit too, with that and your cmh you will get years of growing from them. so well worth the investment. the quality of your buds from the cmh light mixed with hps would give the perfect spectrum for flowering buds full of terps. :smokin:

i used to use a duel spec hps with a sun t plus hps and a 125w blue envirolite ,and the buds were dense mofo's that had the most thc/ terps . as i was running clones of my old blue cheese cut and third dimension. i could tell the diffrence between using just hps, and a mix of duel spec hps with orange hps and added blue light from the enviro. the later was giving better yield's and more flavour. your gonna be in for a treat this crimbo with some funky tasting buds bro. :yinyang:

• Like 3

@smokie1 b c f c

Thats interesting what you say about the dual spec and blue enviro,i run a 400dual spec and also for the 1st time a led alongside it,,i hope i get lots of flavour and better yields would be cool too,i think the only way i could fit a cmh in my space is if i scrog or tie down flat and do the mainline thing,its the 20 inches optimal distance that will cause me probs but i sooo want to try one or at least the smoke from one before purchasing cos its a lot of money for me to find.

peace 

• Like 3

yes mate deffo loads more terps/thc , and the buds were more compact,not as much stretch. 

im getting a new blue enviro bulb soon,as i need it back on my flowers, i use it horizontaly. so the light hits the plants from side on, it did realy make a big difference mate. so i can see your led with your duel spec being a good light spectrum mix. i think its sativa's that like, and benefit more from added blue spectrum in the grow room. i remember reading a thing on here by oldtimer1 about added m/h blue/white light with hps. 

i don't blame you holding back on getting a cmh ,till you know if its worth buying. :smokin:

• Like 2

Well, well, well someone has been a busy bee :)

The room looks great mate :)

You would never know the plants needed to be hid for a day or 2 as everything is looking spot on  :bong:

Going to be very interesting with the different lighting methods being used and will be great to see how the HSO genetics do under this lighting  :)

Will certainly be an interesting grow as you are getting the new room and equipment dialed in :)

Did you contact greenqube direct mate? I've never had an issue with them if I recall mine were sent out as tents and parasols lol

Glad you got sorted mate :bong: and great update. Let's see what this new room can do :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 1