Well I made a IWS DTW system with brain pot and got it working late last night. It's an improvement on the original because any size saucer/tray can be used not limiting you on how many plants you want to grow. It's also a fuck ton cheaper than a pre fabed system.

The problem is this system isn't really designed to come apart and flat pack. To deinstall it and hide it would mean breaking connections apart and having to rebuild when putting back down. 

So at 3am unhappy with the last prototype, I did the electrical calculations and determined that the horizontal float switch could handle the current of the pump without a relay. 

Instead of cutting the plug off the new pump and wiring it into the switch I plugged it into an extension lead and cut the plug off that. With the switch operating the extension lead I made it live and hey presto automatic pump control.

This gave me a brainwave, only one, but I'll work with it. Think Wilma but DTW. With the ability to put as many plants in as you want. One big 1.2 garland tray with holes drilled all over and a tank underneath. Pump in res drip feeds plants on tray and waste falls into catchment tank below. 

In the catchment tank there's a horizontal float switch and a pump. When the water gets to a certain height the switch floats up and starts the pump draining the tank to desired location. My sink. This makes my brain pot redundant unfortunately but not the idea. I know a few growers that would benefit if I could make a few systems cheap for them!

@smokie1 b c f c if I'd asked the price of the Growstar I would've left it lol So I'm glad I didn't because the light spread is insane. A real luxury having some nice toys in my grow room. I've been using knackered beat up shit for donkeys. The last time I bought a lamp was a couple of years ago.

Im so torn on the Gav mate. With an m110 reflector its footprint is 6x3 so with a CMH either side it should make some orgasmic bud. I've flowered bud under MH only and the flavour was unparalleled, small super dense nugs. Those dual spectrum lamps sound ideal and you have given me an idea. Maybe get a 600w one and run that in the growstar with the two CMH either side, that would be cheaper than a new gav lol 

@Happy Hippy yeah man these lights could be overkill for your situation. I'm sure a 150w must be in the pipeline. These lamps are unbelievably intense, daylight ones I'm using. I would def look into supplementing. My mate chucks loads of little LEDs in dark corners of his grow room and they all have noticeable effect. Shit my 250w ballast and MH lamps are all redundant you can have em if you got someone I can post them too?

@HSO-Mark Thanks brother! I've been going back and forth to various Grow shops and diy centres trying to get this ting sorted! Doesn't help when I keep redesigning it lol 

I'll be honest mate I rang three companies and they all said the same thing. I think Simon from greencube is a lovely bloke but he can't keep up with demand so hydro shops are dropping him. 

I also read someone ordered direct from greencube and they got a delivery driver turn up pisssing himself because there was an unwrapped box in his van covered in GREEN QUBE GROW TENT. Not cool. Put me off. I'd rather take a hit in quality and buy it anon than go through that!

Cool beans fellas gotta get back to building!

• Like 5

that dripper / iws set up looks sound. easy growing bro. stoner friendly. just fill the res ,mix the nutes in. and sit back getting stoned making concentrates n stuff, while the herb grows its self almost. with the lighting set up you have its gonna be a good crop. 

the idea of you using a 600w duel spec hps in between 2 cmh would produce kushty. so no need to bust out a gavita yet. treat yourself to a gavita next year maybe bro. 

just enjoy growing and smoking your own buds/hash. its a great feeling man ain't it :skin_up:

• Like 3

@smokie1 b c f c I've been put off hydro for so long thinking it was complicated but in all honesty it's simpler than organics and dare I say easier. I've finished the drip trays now. Just trying to get the bloody dripper nipples into the ice line now, no success lol 

Hopefully bro this will be pretty much set and forget and as stoner friendly as poss. Just got to get a couple of extra switches as backups in case one fails and jobs a good un. Like you say, just mixing up the res from now on, sooooo sweet!

Made two systems so I got some spare room for the fan and humidifier. Plus no way was two 1.2m trays gonna fit. The system on the right has CMOGs top left. Chemdawgs running through the middle. Bubbas and Dogs on the left and right.

large.IMG_1499.jpg

The two Exodus Cheese and Critcal Jack are spreading their wings on the big tray.

large.IMG_1498.jpg

Cant wait for the days when I've got trim for concentrates. Better yet buds. I wanna get into making Rick Simpson oil so that's gonna require a few grams lol 

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 7

@cocopips Thanks bro they are looking way better than I would have expected considering these girls had been through hiding a few times stuffed in bin bags lol 

Bought them some additives as a little treat. Vitalinks Baby food Start or something or other. Root stim and silicone.

They still on the hy-pro £5 quid feed so hopefully it won't go downhill now they're back on the more expensive vita link lol 

They are the Greenhouse version, pretty dope by all accounts. My mate has the Exodus cut so I'll know how they rank. If they don't have the same flavour with improved vigour they'll get binned.

I had ten Kalimans Cheese No1 arrive the other day for my next run. It was an impulse buy looking through the clearance seeds on herbies for autos. 

I did ten ten of these beans a few years ago when they came out and they were the exact replica of the Eodus cut. After doing all these I'm sure to find a Cheese No1 mother to keep for good! I hope anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah that's it Rockster, dude had a Exodus Cut turn male or something. I love Exodus cheese clone only but no way could you tell the difference between the two. I've been thinking about getting these beans for a while but herbie stopped selling them for some reason.

• Like 1

@Green demon

They all look well nice dude,the exodus cut the doc had came from me lol he turned up and i gave him a cut or 2 many years ago then he disappeared and i found out he has a seed co pmsl,i could never get them to self seed either...he was chatting with littlehappyhippy and showing off his big old cannon camera,even treated him to a kebab too and i never heard from him again..i think his meet is in growers wives where he was smarmy with my ex wife and sending her pics of his flowers...he was a alright bloke when i met him then something happened here and he was off.

Peace

• Like 2

@Happy Hippy holy smokes mate I had no idea. I mean I'd heard the male story was bullshit, and Id heard Kaliman or Rockster or whoever he is was a dick, but damn. So really I've got Little Hippies Cheese No 1. Well I thank you dude, cause while the breeder ain't legit, the beans certainly are!  Funny how people change mate, usually money helps bring out the dick in most of us.

• Like 5

@Green demon

Ive never told anyone apart from  @THC4METOOand that was only in passing when we had a small chat about the past,tbh hardly anyone has even mentioned kaliman seeds and his cheese pmsl..i had/have no problem with him and still to do this day cant remember why he disappeared so quickly, but yeah its all true dude,im sitting with my daughter right now and she was laughing when she remembered him round our old house.

He was a pleasant enough bloke to me and was doing lots of decent pics on the site.

I have no idea what his motives were or even if he has made a lot of money from my Exodus Cheese cuts,good luck to him dude spread the love :hippy:

Im defo not going to start insulting him or anything like that,he was nice to me,my ex mrs and my daughter.

Would have been nice to have had a little appreciation but oh well thats the way of the world these days.

I really do hope all the seeds he sells are like the stinky real deal plants he took away and nobody feels cheated.

Take it easy buddy

peace

Eta They were mine m8 littlehappyhippy was a little too young to have her own grow on at the time lol

Edited by Happy Hippy
  • Like 5

Well it's a funny old world with many horses for courses so to speak. In my old job we had a client everybody hated. Dude was supposed to be a real arsehole. First time I had to work for him I was pretty gutted that I drew the short straw. Turned up and we hit it off from the get go, had a great laugh with him and at the end of the day wondered how the hell peoples experiences can vary so much given the same thing.

It's crazy knowing that these kaliman seeds came from you bro, I honestly can't tell you how delighted I was when I saw them for sale. I've kept an eye out for years but only ever seen the subsequent crosses he did for sale of which I had no interest. The last batch of these were the best I've done to date, hands down. I guess I didn't clone them because it must've been before I learnt to do it.  All I remember was that they grew with seed vigour and out produced my mates Exodus clone, but smoke wise nothing separated them. An honest improvement on the clone. Shows how effective selling can be I guess. 

Thanks for the back back story though mate, appreciate it, you da man!

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 4

Interesting, it certainly is a small world. I heard the same story bout the thing turning male lol i hear its good from the people who have grown them out. 

@Happy Hippy have you been known by another name on the boards? Pm me if its dodgy on hear 

• Like 2

@cocopips

lol Dude i struggle getting to grips with uk420 and ive been here a fair while now i really wouldnt cope learning any other site and im defo not on any other boards :yinyang: tbf to Rockster he may have met loads of different growers who gave him cuts at that time,i really dont know or care tbh, all i know for fact is i gave him 2 exodus cuts myself and somehow he seems to have made them self seed and throw out seeds,or male flowers and he collected the pollen..i have no idea the ins and outs.

Take it easy guys.

peace

• Like 3

I've been a bit slack with everything as of late choosing instead to build hydro systems at the cost of everything else lol Managed to take a break from it to get back to the plants.

After the abuse they suffered, which included getting forgotten about for three days locked in a cupboard, whoops! Here's the final two tops left from the bubba Kush and Black Dogs.

large.IMG_1519.jpglarge.IMG_1518.jpg

Only one had roots so she vacated the jiffy pellet and went into pure coco.  The other got binned. So that's one Black dog clone set to be a mother if she makes it! She's now in the prop below.large.IMG_1535.jpg

Chocolate Mint OGs ready for a pot up

large.IMG_1520.jpg

Bubba and black Dog also past readylarge.IMG_1530.jpg

Here's the OGs in 2L 

large.IMG_1534.jpg

Bubbas and Dogs in 7.5l. Dogs on the left, Bubbas in middle and Chemdawgs on the right. Splashed the shit outta the Chemdawgs leaves, repeatedly so I think that accounts for the burns!large.IMG_1532.jpg

Everything fed a cocktail of root stim, silicone, fulvic, and coco A n B to 0.8 EC.

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 6