Cheers @Freax! Thanks for stopping by bro. Topping for four always produced good results for me before, if anything goes wrong I'm blaming these CMH lol I think four colas is not making the most of these lights. As they have quite a short working distance I will from now on train my plants into a bigger surface area. Look forward to seeing your Humboldt buds rockin! 

Thanks @HSO-Mark! Yeah probably a deficiency showing due to the cold these girls ain't getting a radiator lights off. They are however loving life and praying leaves 24/7 so apart from slower rate of growth it seems all good.

I read you say your dad thought fem seeds were for the lazy grower, some say they're for the lazy breeder lol Haha I'm messing. I love fems. it has been fun having regs in the garden again though, although I can't quite believe it looks like a 100% fems.

I think I ended up with 2 pheno types in terms of physical growth pattern. Two have a bit more stretch between the nodes than the other two.

Fem Chem

large.IMG_1607.jpglarge.IMG_1608.jpg

The one I'm not sure aboutlarge.IMG_1609.jpglarge.IMG_1610.jpglarge.IMG_1611.jpglarge.IMG_1612.jpglarge.IMG_1613.jpglarge.IMG_1614.jpglarge.IMG_1615.jpg

Looks like a fem pre flower to me. Just waiting on a pistillarge.IMG_1616.jpg

So not sure if this is a Bubba or Dog. It the plant with the deformed stems that turned woody. The bottom left cola is clearly stunted and not growing right

large.IMG_1617.jpg

large.IMG_1618.jpg

So it went. large.IMG_1619.jpg

My little Black Dog has now been topped for four

large.IMG_1599.jpglarge.IMG_1601.jpglarge.IMG_1600.jpg

My bigger Black dog getting trained and topped to produce a few cuttingslarge.IMG_1602.jpglarge.IMG_1603.jpglarge.IMG_1604.jpglarge.IMG_1605.jpglarge.IMG_1606.jpg

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 5

On 13/12/2017 at 8:05 PM, Green demon said:

I read you say your dad thought fem seeds were for the lazy grower, some say they're for the lazy breeder lol Haha I'm messing.

He also had this view lol but after trying a batch or 2 he would grow if that's all was available but in general he was a regular seed grower (which he would pick up from sensi every year when he visited the dam) . I think he would be cool with feminized seeds if he was still with us :(

On a way more positive note the grow us looking fantastic my friend and thank you for the continued support and updates very much appreciated!

Until the next one  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 1

Thanks @Michael Luchóg and @KanedAndUnable! Yeah I'm kinda digging the mainlining mate, experimenting with it a bit ATM.

Cheers @HSO-Mark!  The older I get I'm starting to feel more and more set in my ways. All these new trends and tech keep coming out, update after update, at some point you just think fuck it I can't be arsed to keep up. Twitter was when I gave up lol 

Heres the Bubbas and Dogs after three weeks of flower.

large.IMG_1706.jpg

Black Dogslarge.IMG_1707.jpglarge.IMG_1708.jpglarge.IMG_1709.jpg

large.IMG_1710.jpglarge.IMG_1711.jpglarge.IMG_1712.jpg

Bubbas

large.IMG_1713.jpglarge.IMG_1714.jpglarge.IMG_1715.jpglarge.IMG_1717.jpglarge.IMG_1716.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful structure and taking shape great :)

Is this new tech or old tech rediscovered by a new generation?

Everything looks spot on my friend and have a fantastic festive season  :)

Will be back in the new year mate  :bong:

Have a good one brother :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks mate. I've been heavily defoliating these girls. Normally I follow a strict diet of after 3 weeks stretch and after 6 weeks of flower. For the first time I've gone balls out and just defoliated throughout.

lol any tech. 

Have a great holiday yourself mate enjoy your time off!

• Like 3

I've terminated my Black dog clones and whittled my Chemdawgs down to two. These have been potted up into 9.5L pots of coco with Great White sprinkled in. Both topped for 16 tops although the bottom plant lost a limb so it's down to 14. 

Pretty sure they're both fems so plan on flowering them once they have put on some size and rooted out they're new homes.

large.IMG_1755.jpglarge.IMG_1756.jpg

• Like 4

@Green demon gonna pick your brains again if you don't mind as it looks like we both ended up with two different Chemdawg phenos.

Did the taller, more cabbagey CD end up being female as well?

Also, do you recall how long it took from flip for them to show gender?

I ask as I'm trying a 14/10 light schedule instead of 12/12 and my WWXBBs are all sprouting pistils everywhere, but even after 17 days from flip the two CDs have yet to definitively show gender. I'm wondering if they just take a little longer to start flowering or if I'll have to reduce the light cycle to initiate flowering.

• Like 2

@GreengoStarr I still don't have a positive ID on the bigger one yet, and I haven't flipped them yet. 10hrs dark does sound a little on the short side to me, I think an increase would definitely help them get going.

heres the bigger one, I had topped it for 16 but changed my mind and stripped it back to 8.

large.IMG_1891.jpglarge.IMG_1892.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers @Green demon, sorry, I thought you had already flipped as you had already sexed the other 4. I am noticing the start of pre flowers on the smaller CD, but they are as yet too small to positively identify as male or female, but they do have the feminine shape and no obvious "stalk". The larger, cabbagey one is yet to show any signs of pre flowers.

I agree that 14/10 does sound a little short and I only chose this schedule as my WWXBBs started flowering when I switched them to 14/10 in an effort to retard growth while I waited on the HSO seeds to arrive plus, I figured the extra 2 hours of light would both keep them warmer during winter and potentially increase yields.

ETA: I had already dropped the timer back 30 minutes earlier today so they will now be on 13.5/10.5 as of lights out tomorrow and I'll drop it back another half hour in a week's time if they still are not showing signs of flowering and so on until I reach an optimum light/dark balance.

Edited by GreengoStarr
  • Like 2

@GreengoStarr I just sex them on preflowers mate. Like you mentioned stalk or not is usually a golden clue. The way I understand it during the dark period hormones build up in the plant. After so many hours enough hormone tells the plant to flower. 12/12 is regarded as the maximum amount of light with minimum amount of dark. Personally I prefer 11/13 as it's more clear cut to the plants. Flowering starts and finishes earlier. Stretch is for a shorter period, and it's less stressful on them.

• Like 3

Bubbas and Dogs been flowering for about 4.5 weeks. The Dogs smell kinda pissy which TBH I kinda like, in the Med man I grew the pissy smell translated to a real dank heavy smoke. The Bubbas are a little low on scent but one smells like fruit jelly sweets, mango/citrus, unbelievable, definitely a contender for a reveg. 

3 Bubbas

large.IMG_1909.jpg

3dogs

large.IMG_1910.jpg

Doglarge.IMG_1911.jpglarge.IMG_1912.jpg

Bubbalarge.IMG_1913.jpglarge.IMG_1914.jpg

Chemdawg

large.IMG_1923.jpglarge.IMG_1924.jpg

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 5

The bubbas and the dogs are well into flower now and starting to take shape beautifully  :yep:

I must say you are a master manipulator with your plant, creating a very even canopy with multiple budsites and an all around beautifully structured plants :yep:

Fantastic work my friend!

Happy New year mate and as usual thank you for taking the time to update your diary and for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks for your kind words mate! Been finding it hard to commit to the diary recently since giving up smoking tobacco, my head has been all over the place. 

Heres the girls approaching six weeks of flowering.

large.IMG_2015.jpglarge.IMG_2016.jpglarge.IMG_2017.jpglarge.IMG_2018.jpglarge.IMG_2019.jpglarge.IMG_2021.jpglarge.IMG_2022.jpglarge.IMG_2023.jpglarge.IMG_2024.jpglarge.IMG_2025.jpg

The Chemdawgs have been flowering a couple of days now 

large.IMG_2036.jpglarge.IMG_2037.jpg

• Like 4