Nice to read that the bubbas and the dogs are now into flower and great to read that these ladies have been easy to train :)

You really are very talented at training and plant manipulation which is definitely going to pay of in this flower phase :yep:

So far everything is looking fantastic and quite a lot if lumens for these girls to flourish in :) definitely glad I've got my seat for this one as the flower show has started and is going to be one to watch :yep:

As usual thank you for taking the time to update your diary and for the continued support and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time mate :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark Oh I highly recommend Humboldt on what I've seen so far mate. Every feminised seed from three strains has 100% germination and very uniform growth. The Chemdawgs regs the same. Four pretty much identical and one taller bigger plant. Early pre flowers showed on the four identical ones and they all looked fem, the one big plant has no pre flowers which added with its extra size leads me to believe I got one male out of five.

I believe this is the male

large.IMG_1293.jpg

And this is the best fem (hopefully) that I keptlarge.IMG_1294.jpglarge.IMG_1295.jpg

i love the growth structure and the lovely pink red stems. Other plants have green stems on the same feed so who knows if it's genetic, or it's a bit too cold for them in particular, or maybe they just want more nutes?

Thanks for the compliments mate, I've taken a very hands on approach to growing and learning how plants respond to different abuses and stresses. It's a matter of understanding the effect of each technique and then putting them all together to get the desired effect. Sometimes easier said than done lol 

When I first started I grew with no intervention. Then the next time I defoliated. The next time LST and so on. Each time gaining a better understanding of how the plant grows and responds to different stimuli. 

Having got mainlining off my bucket list I'm now trying a different technique. Topping a clone then just using supercropping and further toppings to maintain and increase canopy area. The result will be a plant with many small tops as opposed to the few big ones that I'm used to. I'm interested to see the different effects not only in bud size/yield/quality, but also veg time/speed/ and ease of canopy management.

Ill be back when these girls start budding up! Easy folks

• Like 2

Your Chemdawgs look just like mine with the same pink stems. I only popped two  and have one significantly bigger than the other and suspect I have one of each. I topped the taller one the other day and put the tip into clone and the lateral growth had already well and truly started before hand. I'll top the smaller one in the next few days and then I'll be flipping soon after.

Despite the size differences we've both encountered, all the Cds look incredibly similar with fat cabbagey leaves showing their indica heritage.

• Like 2

@GreengoStarr  Ah nice mate, I'll have to check your diary out! Too many variables for me to know if pink stems are genetic or not, but seeing as other plants on the same feed & in the same tent are green  and yours have them as well it very well could be. I hope they are because they make for very pretty plants with like you say lovely big fat Indica leaves.

Not had much time to scope other people's work out ATM. Be interested to know if your big one does turn out to be male. This morning I noticed the first pre flower on my big one, and it's very early days as it's bloody tiny but it looks to me like a fem. 

Its more of an elongated shape than a round pollen sac. Im hoping I'm wrong though. 5 fems from 5 reg Seeds lol The first time I wanna male and I get that ratio? If they are all fems it kinda fooks up my hacking plans.

If it is the case I'll resort to plan B and keep a male from my Kaliman Seeds Rocksters Cheese #1. Use that to cross with the Chem for some CheeseDawg, I don't fancy Dawg Cheese lol 

• Like 1

Quick question for you @Green demon, is the internodal distance on your suspected male huge?

I can't believe how rapid the lateral growth has been on my suspected male Chemdawg, but the internodal distance is massive.

• Like 1

@GreengoStarr Yes mate it is. The short pheno has tight nodes, the taller has quite big spacing.

Here's a Bubba Kush, very tight nodes and branching out like crazy.  Finding it very hard resisting the urge to lollipop.

large.IMG_1345.jpglarge.IMG_1346.jpg

• Like 4

If mine is indeed a male. I have no issue with the distance between nodes. If female, and it continues like this, not so sure I'd be too thrilled.

• Like 3

Likewise mate. I much prefer smoking Indica leaning hybrids, and same with growing.  If my stretchy one is a fem it's getting killed no doubt about it. I like growing buds not stalk. 

• Like 1

I like the way you've secured the top growing tips around the fan leaves. I've just been tucking these under the petiole of the fan leaves for the moment, but I prefer your way, even if it does reduce the surface area of the solar cell somewhat.

I've avoided topping them as you have as I have to flip in the next week at the latest and they just won't have space to bush out with every thing else already in the groom.

Edited by GreengoStarr
  • Like 2

Cheers mate. I'm also a bit shy on room so I was planning on keeping these Chemdawgs in their 3 & 2L pots. Going to flower them small just to see what the quality of bud is like and hopefully produce my first seeds. 

• Like 1

Gone on a bit of a defoliation mission

large.IMG_1492.jpglarge.IMG_1491.jpglarge.IMG_1495.jpglarge.IMG_1496.jpglarge.IMG_1494.jpglarge.IMG_1493.jpglarge.IMG_1498.jpglarge.IMG_1497.jpglarge.IMG_1487.jpglarge.IMG_1488.jpglarge.IMG_1489.jpglarge.IMG_1490.jpg

large.IMG_1485.jpglarge.IMG_1486.jpglarge.IMG_1484.jpg

Stretchy Chemdawg I thought was a malelarge.IMG_1480.jpg

Chemdawg Fem

large.IMG_1481.jpg

An two Chemdawg fems I rescued from the binlarge.IMG_1482.jpglarge.IMG_1483.jpg

• Like 3

Super job on the defoliation and really refreshing to read that the HSO brand is performing as expected and more importantly not letting you  (The grower) down :)

So far as always everything is looking fantastic  :yep: all plants look super healthy and now the training is coming into play the structure is forming  :yep:

As I usually only comment on feminized seeds a regular grow is super cool and im fascinated to see what you do with the regular genetics  :bong:

The ChemDawg do also look to have very purple stems which I'm thinking is down to the odd cold snap hear and there  :) I know red stems can be a phosphorus deficiency but I think this is unlikely  :bong:

As usual the plants look great and thank you for the thread update  :)

Also the continued support and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 1

Just had a quick catch up. They are looking great dude, cant wait to see what the mainline method will produce for you. :yep:

All the best, ill pop in every now and then.

Take care dude :v:

• Like 1