smokies humboldt seeds search for the holy highgrade

smokie1 b c f c

hi mark, and all uk420

i have potted up the em dogs into plagron light mix soil. 

the one is in a 1.5l pot. the other in a 4 inch. but she is going into a 1.5 liter pot allso. 

i have had to germ 2 more of the amhersts as the other 2 popped but never came above the coco. i was using used coco. the new amhersts are in the plagron light mix and are popping out looking well healthy. :realcool:

here are some pics i took today of them all. 

large.59e3bd2584b1b_DSC_0560(2).jpglarge.59e3bd37a6976_DSC_0561(2).jpglarge.59e3bd45631b8_DSC_0562(2).jpglarge.59e3bd66b7348_DSC_0563(2).jpglarge.59e3bd51b9a02_DSC_0564(2).jpg

this is how they looked about 4/5 days ago. i forgot to upload the pics as i was smoking bubble

large.59dd525977a70_DSC_0550(2).jpglarge.DSC_0549.jpg

now the fun begins. these will take off now potted up. il put them into 5 liter pots after being in these 1.5 liters for a couple of weeks. then into the finals, to be flipped in about 3 weeks from now. :toot:

• Like 7

potted the other em dog into a 2l pot of soil.

the 2 amherst's are looking good, but still babys. 

im not going to have any humbolds ready for christmas smoke. they need a good 3 weeks veg before flower. i may put the biggest em dog onto flower in a weeks time,so that would give me bang on 8 weeks till crimbo day. so if the em dog is done in 8 weeks, i can have it ready for new years smoking session. :unsure:

wish me luck everyone. 

will report with pics in about a week, when il flip the biggest em dog to 12/12. 

• Like 4

Sorry to read about the 2 failed Amherst sour diesel mate, never good to lose a plant or 2 but this can happen and batch 2 look healthy ;)

The Em dog are going to appreciate the extra medium to spread those roots and both look to be growing well. 1 looks faster/bigger than the other would this be correct? 

Nice update mate things are looking spot on  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

hi mark

yeah it was my falt the 2 amherst died. using old coco. and too much moisture

the 2 new amherst sour diesel are looking good,and are going into 1.5 liter pots of soil today. 

the 2 em dogs are growing nicely. they are both the same hight/size now there both in the 1.5,s of soil. i have fimed them both once. 

here are the pics of how there looking now. 

large.IMG_0023.JPGlarge.IMG_0024.JPG

• Like 5

few more pictures i took the other day of the dr greenthumbs em dog,s. 

i have had to put my tent onto flower 12/12 about a week ago. so the em dogs and amherst sour diesels have been out of the tent for about a week.

there under sunlight in the day,and a cfl at night. so they are under a 24 hour light cycle. 

just until i get a new bulb for my envirolite on weds. then they are going into a wardrobe under the blue 125w envirolite cfl. on 18/6 or 20/4 lighting, until they are a good 2 foot tall with at least 4 /5 tops. then i will put them into the dr120 tent under 12/12. 

il be taking a clone from each plant before flowering. as im looking for future mums, plus im doing a few hacks this x mas/ crimbo

i had to flip the tent to flower as there are plants in there that i want ready for crimbo smoke i hope,if there ready that is. :v:

as im all out of smoke. so i had to take out the humboldts as i want them bigger when going into flower,plus i aint flowering them until i have clones rooted of every one. 

i have made the mistake before of taking clones of say the best looking plant,and end up with the special buds of the plants i never took cuts of. :wallbash:

im sure we have all made the same mistakes.

il leave them in these pots for about 2 to 3 weeks,then i will put them into 6.5 liter squares. until flowering.as i need them all to fit in a space of about 3 foot by 2 foot ,a double door wardrobe basically. about 1.5 meter tall. so it will do fine for mums, clones and males to be kept in early veg. 

then into the tent for a few weeks veg under the 600w duel spec sunmaster bulb, rated at 9000 lumens. 

then flip to flower. that's the plan anyhow. lol 

if i have things in the tent in flower i will just veg longer under the 125w cfl,then strait to flower in the tent. 

i may even put the plants from the drobe/cfl into the tent for 10 hours a day,then back into the drobe under cfl when the tent light go,s out. so they are getting a good 10 hours of 600w hps light,and then 8 to 10 hours of cfl light in the drobe per day. it would work but i would have to get to them every day,not impossible. so its a option i may use/ try out. lol 

anyhow here are the pics of the em dog plants. you can see the first picture where i have fimed her at the top. the bottom shoots are just starting to grow up higher. 

the lack of good light is not doing them any good i know, but its only till weds to go now ,and il have them under the blue cfl. :smokin:

large.IMG_0025.JPGlarge.IMG_0026.JPG

this em dog is in a 2liter square pot of soil, the round pot the other em dogs in, is a 1.5l pot. 

large.IMG_0027.JPG

• Like 5

Those Em dog are showing some nice growth mate and now the Amherst sour diesel have been potted up this will definitely be appreciated by the ladies :) bit of extra medium to spread those roots out :) should see a more vigorous growth phase soon mate :)

Thank you for taking the time to update your diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Will be back in in the next update to see how these girls are doing. So far looking great :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

hi all. the em dogs are coming along nice. i have them under some led,s in my wardrobe. lol 

just until crimbo then they can go into the tent onto 12/12. 

these phillips master led bulbs are 6 watts and they kick out 470 lumens. i have 2 of them for the drobe, there bright for 6w each. 

• Like 4

hi mark . of course i can.

here is a few pics i took today after setting up the lamp,with a led bulb. its only a desklamp with a led bulb in, i have one more to put in there to. 

you can see in the picture its a wardrobe that i put blackout plastic on the floor of the drobe tucked up each end in case of spillage's . i am going to blackout plastic the inside aswell. 

as you can see for a phillips led 6w that is 470 lumens, with the other bulb running i have that will be 940 lumens from just 12w , i am going to buy about 8 of them and make my own led pannel. say 10 of them in a 2 and a half foot long by 1 foot wide homemade pannel, would be 60w and have a lumen output of 4,700 lumens for just 60w of electric. 

there called phillips master led candle 6w = 40w. 470 lumens. color temp is 2200k - 2700k

im thinking that 60w of these led's would work great for early veg, as they don't run hot .so no heat build up. and dam bright for just 6w. color temp is 2200k -2700k 

so better coverage of plants than a 125w envirolite. that's what i wanted to use as i have one in the cupboard, but i couldn't get a new bulb at the grow shop, they only had red bulbs i needed a blue spectrum envirolite. :wallbash:

so i have gone ghetto and making a panel of these led's. 

what do you think mark .will they work for veg ?

in the pic ,is em dog at the far right in the square pot. 

amhersts bottom middle. they dont look happy i know they have been in my kitchen for a couple of weeks under daylight and a ceiling cfl strip light. on 24/7 lighting. 

the amherst sour diesels will get potted up tomoz into 2 liter pots of plagron light mix soil. 

i have seem to have lost my other picture of the other end of the drobe with the other em dog in. oh well il take more pictures when i pot up tomorrow. 

these will be put onto flower around christmas day when my tent is enpty ready for the humboldts. :guitar:

peace all uk420.:smokin:

large.5a0455a1852fd_ghettobox2.jpg

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
spelling
  • Like 4

On 09/11/2017 at 11:29 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

what do you think mark .will they work for veg ?

I don't see any reason why not mate :) and will definitely make a good experiment  :bong:

They have a long veg stage ahead and will definitely appreciate the potting up mate :yep:

Nice update as usual :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

hi mark. yeah they will be big bushy plants by the ti me my tent is empty ready for the humboldts. :guitar:

sorry i couldn't fit them in bro, but i needed to flip my tent to flower for christmas smoke. and i never wanted to flower the em dogs so small. i want clones of every plant before i flower them aswell mate. 

thanks for dropping by . :yinyang:

• Like 4

@smokie1 b c f c needs must mate :yep:

Will give the HSO girls lots of extra veg time and by the time there turn for flower comes around you should have some monster plants ripe for cuttings  :yep: and ready to show some huge flowers packed with flavour  :)

Will be back in in the next update mate :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 4

hi mark. i am going to get 2 of the greenlamp 6400k b22 fitting 85w blue cfl bulbs, so i can screw them into a normal house lamp connection. 

so they will be big bushy girls come christmas time. the growth rate under these greenlamp bulbs looks great a fella on here told me about them, he was using one for 2 plants, nice stocky ,bushy growth. no stretching like with envirolites. im thinking 2 of them 85w greenlamp bulbs will do a treat in my 3 foot by 2 foot grow drobe.:guitar:

i will update with pics next week when i buy the greenlamp bulbs and fit them in. plants are growing ok for now, lots of new growth on the dr greenthumb's em dogs.

the 2 amherst sour diesel seeds are just growing out there 4th set of nodes. i will take pics of them all when i rig up the new greenlamp bulbs. and post a update then folks. :skin_up:

• Like 4

The greenlamp bulbs do sound interesting and perfect for a small footprint grow such as yours :yep:

Will be watching with interest and pop back in on the next update to check out these greenlamp bulbs :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

hi mark. they do sound great and the stocky growth of them looks sound,compared to 125 w envirolites. with 2 x 85w cfl you can cover a larger area . than 1 x 125w cfl can cover. 

will update with pics when i get them. :yinyang:

• Like 3