A Critical, Industrial kinda thing... in the garage!

In-the-night-garden

Pulling up a chair.

may need some more info on that underfloor heating u just hook it up lay it in a tray amd cover with sand?:smokin:

JJ

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, sorry it’s been a while!!!

anyway been mentally busy, new job and a holiday, but back at it now @Dinafem-Mark!!

things are motoring along in the flower tent, approx 4 weeks in I think and it’s turning into a frost fest!!!!

large.274BD5C6-0E39-4BFE-9C29-969E03D68748.jpeg

they got a little neglected whilst I was away and over fed slightly hence the leaf cupping!!! 

Im also a bit concerned about the humidity, I’m getting around 70% lights off, it’s tge first attempt in the garage and I think this is brought about by the rapid drop in air temp when the lights go out causing the dew point to be hit before the warm moist air is fully extracted... I’m going to put some tube heaters inside my inlet ducting just to try and take the chill off the air... watch this space!

sorry for only one picture, but I’ve had to upload from my mobile as no acces to a safe PC at the mo! I will try and get some better pics up later!!

ps the pic above is of the Industrial Plant side... stinking!!! Haha 

peace out 

Edited by In-the-night-garden
  • Like 9

Looking splendid!  The leaf edges folding up though is a usual sign of being a little hot mate, might wanna move the lamp up a couple of inch and see ;)

• Like 5

@botanics I’ve no head room left mate! Can’t get em up any higher!! I’ve got them on the super lumen setting so could turn em back down to 600w maybe?

@jadenugs thanks for the kind words dude!! Just hope I can get the humidity under control.... don’t want a mold fest on my hands!!!

• Like 3

It's up to you bud, it's not bad or anything though you know (just I can see how much effort you've done in her for perfecting the grow like ;))

If you see how close I run plants to a sodium lamp sometimes, you'd be a shaking wreck  lol   They'll be ok, just will get this canoeing on the top leaves is all, i remember the IP CBD doing it when I run them, think they prefer slightly cooler canopy conditions :v: 

• Like 3

Lots of airflow mate to regulate better, but can't do anything about ambient atmospheric conditions apart from dehumidifying the inlet air :yep:

• Like 3

So how about if I get a dehumidifier and fashion some sort of manifold so that I’m dragging my inlet air through it? Would that help?

Im most concerned about one side of the tent that is exposed to the cold a bit, I fear this will get condensation on it... suppose I need to try and get that insulated from the cold! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, In-the-night-garden said:

So how about if I get a dehumidifier and fashion some sort of manifold so that I’m dragging my inlet air through it? Would that help?

Might help a bit mate, depends on how quickly the de humidifier works and how fast the airflow is. Got to be better than nothing. I've only got a mini dehumidifier that I tried in my attic room outside the tent and it did fuck all really. If my humidity shows high on my current grow i might put it inside the tent and see if it works any.

• Like 2

@jadenugs I’ve just turned the fans up to 85% and I’m leaving the active intake running full time now... hopefully rapid air exchange will prentice any mold developing. Plus Critical +2.0 is meant to be mold resistant anyway!!! 

• Like 3

HI guys, Day 36 of flower already!!

Apologies for the lack of attention this diary has received... time for an overdue update.

Auto watering system is now up and running properly, so I filled the 200l water butt up on Friday afternoon and mixed nutes up to a strength of 1.6EC with root tonic added as well.  The girls seem happiest around the 1.6 Mark so no point pushing it in my view.

lights out air temps have been dropping really low (like 11C), but the Under Floor heating seems to be keeping the roots happy as no negative signs on the plants as yet?  I’ve got the ventilation on 80% supply and extract around the clock now in the hopes that plenty of air movement will ward off any mold!!!

anyway a quick picture of the ladies:

large.7B70B6B9-D248-448C-8661-A1A4362420C0.jpeg

As as you can see they seem happy enough!! Well chuffed with these so far, guess the low air temps may affect final yield... anyone fancy a guess? 

Thanks for popping in!!

peace out!!! 

• Like 7

Everything is looking spot on mate  :)

Your buds are exploding with growth and my only 2 concerns are

The low temps

The high humidity 

If the temps get to low this can cause a mass of issue such as low nutrient uptake, slow if not no growth and this is not good at this stage of the plants development. We want then to be happy and pushing out as much bud production as possible. 

If we can get your temps a little higher then we need to focus on dropping your humidity as the last thing we want is those beautiful buds being ravaged by bud rot/mold caused by the high humidity  :)

A dehumidifier will most definitely help mate :)

Apart from these issue the grow is not looking to bad at all. Nice bud development and you can clearly see that trichome production has started  :)

Thank you for taking the time to do a thread update and the added pictures let's us see a lot better what is going on :)

Will be back in on the next update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 2