DFG AND MIGHTYGOLD RGSC LAT54 GROW DIARY FIRST TIME GROWER

TEESSIDE GROWS

Yeh I don't have time to top them now do I mate, I would of really liked to of got them extra fat nugs but things just took off and got ahead of me. Il do what ever is in the plants best interest, I just don't want to fuck it up, I haven't planed it out as good as the rest of us have. I need to pull my finger out this weekend and make things happen, I've just upgraded my fan and filter kit to a 5" to sort the heat problems I was having, the plants today are looking really well and the healthyest they have been the water has done them some good, I PhD it at around 6.3, I've started ph' the water because it was at around 7 when I first started out and they were getting burnt from the soil.

• Like 3

okay guys so here's the thing. I topped the girls Friday night. (Probably shouldn't have) but i did it anyway, they have filed out a lot and showing lots of pre flowers, I am on day 45 from seed and I plan on switching to 12/12 v soon. Once the girls recover from the top, I will lollipop middle of this week and put into flower, I may still move 1-2 of the girls outside before flowering to give me some more space, but il decide on that later. I'm sorry to @panik and all you other guerrela growers who were expecting a out-door diary from me, as I explained earlier due to my own lack of planning and sorting things out, I have let me girls thrive in the tent and it seems to big of a risk to take them all out without any kind of introducement to the outdoor conditions. I hope I'm making the right decision by flowering them indoors, only time will tell lol. Well here they are on day 45. (Slow veg because I vegged under a 200w CFL untill day 39. They all look healthy and strong and it's been a pleasure to grow so far...

large.IMG_0194.JPG

2 mightygold at the back and 3 dfg at the front, the lanky mightygold top left is starting to fill out nicely now, I haven't topped or touched her and she's the tallest and one of the nicest looking, she is 5 days behind the rest! 

• Like 4

Ok everyone I had a real nightmare in the grow room on Tuesday night, I recently upgraded my fan and filter kit and also my light kit, I upgraded to a 5" RVK fan filter and ducting kit alongside with a 5" cool tube reflector, Ive also added my old 4" fan and filter so it's sucking cold air from outside and blowing into the tent. I set all this up and I hung a bag of exhale co2 up above my plants, next thing' it comes crashing down on top of one of my mightygolds, snapping her 90% at the very bottom abou 1" above soil. I taped her up and tied her to a stake to try help revive her but after a couple of days I took action and cut cuttings from all the nice and healthy branches and I have rooted them in cloned rooting gel, put them in my propagator and hope they will root. If successful I will plant all mightygold cuttings outside immediately. 

okay so back to the plants, overall they are looking healthy, really bushy and gaining some serious height now, about waist height (I'm about 5"7) since I topped them they have responded well and didn't course to much stress to them, I was wondering wether I should lollipop all the bottom leafs and branches now ( tonight ) ready for the switch which will be day 50 from seed this friday. Here's a few photos I taken this morning before work I now have 3 DFG and only 1 mightygold.

large.IMG_0241.JPGlarge.IMG_0240.JPGlarge.IMG_0242.JPG

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MMG said:

Nice one @TEESSIDE GROWS ... looking good mate ... 

Thanks mate. Had something really bad happen but hopefully il still get something from her lol. Everyday I'm learning more and more about the plants and I'm loving every second of it ha ha

• Like 2

Mate they should already be switched if there waist height they will out grow that tent fast , you might have problems unless your good at bending and weaving..

• Like 4

Yeh I no I was trying to hold off to let the tops recover. I thought growth will off been stunted so I left them heal, I was hopeing by lollipoping them tonight will shock them enough to stunt growth, giving me time to heal and switch on Friday? Or should I forget the lollipop and do the switch tonight, lights come on at 11 so I can sort the timer out now? @panik

• Like 3

Yes switch them mate , you can lollipop them bottom branches off in the next two weeks only ones that are not getting light down under the canopy like ,... and what's the small plants in there are they being moved ??

• Like 4

Yeh mate the small plants are shit mate. Got given a few auto beans to try and I planted them 2 weeks after the seeds you gave me, il probably give the autos away or try find somewhere for them because so far I'm not best pleased with them there pretty shit tbh mate, and how's best me having my light in my situation, my tent is in a room with a flat felt roof, might sound paranoid but if I have my lights on during the night will my 1 600w hps light show on the thermal camera? Will I be beat switching in the morning 7-7 ? Or switch imidiatly at 11 so my light schedule will be 11pm - 11am?

• Like 2

Mate 1x600 is fine nothing to worry about get them switched, half of that thermal imaging thing is made up and the other half ain't true :unsure:... lol 95% of the time it's people getting grassed up cos the can't keep there mouths shut, always remember, no tell , no smell, no sell :guitar:

• Like 7

Yeh it's just me being paranoid that mate ha ha. Il switch them tonight then mate tonight's the night :D. Is they any thing I should be doing, when's best to give the bloom

nutes do I wait a week or so or what mate ? The nutes in my soil will be running out v soon mate, think I've noticed light green/yellowish leafs towards bottom of plant so maybe 1 more water left ? Anything you can recommend giving them during bloom stage? I'm not going organic I don't think, my soil isn't fully organic anyway is it ? (Plagron royal mix)

• Like 2

@paniklights on I've done the Change mate 11.20pm - 11-20am. I checked on the girls and noticed they are looking more lightgreenish since this morning, is this telling me there hungry? Should I bother giving them any veg nutes and move straight on the bloom nutes or should I feed the sensi grow a+b nutes I have ?

large.IMG_0246.JPGlarge.IMG_0245.JPG

• Like 4

Yes mate give them some veg nutes for a week or so they don't turn instantly, after about 2 weeks your be seeing some bud sites appearing :yep: 

• Like 2

@panik my not questioning your experience, but I've been doing some reaserch and apparently, switching straight to bloom will kind of help with the stretch, like if I go straight to bloom it won't stretch as Mutch and grow as much in height as it would if I used veg nutes in the first couple of weeks, I've just been out and bought sensi bloom a+b and also a 250ml of bud blood, I wanted bud igniter but the hydro shop only had the bud blood, it says not to use with sensi bloom ph perfect, but the guy in hydro shop said it would be fine, the ph would just need adjusting, is this the case or have I been ripped off again on my additives lol 

• Like 1

The guy in that hydro shop is having a field day with you in there mate lol , you shouldn't really use it with that but it will be fine buy it anyway etc lol , don't worry about questioning my experience mate I'm only a grower like everyone on here we all learn a thing or two everyday, the bud blood should in theory make them trigger flower sooner iv only ever used it once I tend not to mess with nature nowadays things are the way they are for a reason and there's certain things in life you can't rush , but in theory the bud blood should trigger faster and you can start feeding bloom nutes after first week of switching if you like, there probably still getting plenty nutes out them big 20l pots still to be fair mate ...

• Like 4