DFG AND MIGHTYGOLD RGSC LAT54 GROW DIARY FIRST TIME GROWER

TEESSIDE GROWS

I have just switch from bigbud to overdrive today giving 2 plants 30ml bloom a+b 

20ml overdrive 

and on the other 2 I thought Sean as tho I had it I would give a feed of bud candy, I know it's late and I'm approaching week 6 but I thought I would see if it makes any difference this late on..

30ml bloom a+b

20ml overdrive

20ml bud candy.

i increased my base nutrients by 10ml, hopefully I made the right decision lol will update with pictures in a couple of days see if anything different happens.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2017 at 11:20 PM, tigseyjnr said:

Think you're confusing @TEESSIDE GROWS with me @tigseyjnr  :doh:

but thanks for the thought.. 

I might be in Ireland in September, so get ya wellies on and you and Ms Tigs can do ya worst lol

Nice one, 

Tigs :guitar:

Oops, sorry about da mix up, me head is like a sieve :doh:. Wow, mayb coming to Ireland in Sept, nice one, what part, is it ye'r first visit here? For sure I will have me wellies ready. I have extra scissors so ye can help me trim buds lollol . It wud b great timimg, eat, drink, smoke & b merry, do it da irish way lol:skin_up::chef: :eat::cheers: :band: :toot::lucky:

Looking really good in here. You have done very well, well done :yep:.

• Like 1

Update since my last feeding.. things went well and they responded ok to the increase in nutes, I think I need to start flushing asap? Or do I have time for another feed? I am approaching week 7, a few pistols have turned red but the thrichomes still remain clear. Here is a couple of bud shots for you all to see :) 

DFG

large.IMG_1505.JPGlarge.IMG_1507.JPG

MIGHTYGOLD

large.IMG_1506.JPG

And here is a shot of one of my dfg girls that has a few nice top colas :) 

large.IMG_1508.JPG

The buds seem to be coming on nicely swelling nice now starting to feel nice and dense, they have all been staked and tied now to help support each over lol 

• Like 7

Looking nice man what smells you getting from them , the mightys  normally a meaty skunk smell compared to the DFG that can't be a tad lemony..?

Edited by panik
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, panik said:

Looking nice man what smells you getting from them , the mightys  normally a meaty skunk smell compared to the DFG that can't be a tad lemony..?

I don't know mate lol the dfg is a really nice strong lemony pineapple citrus smell what smells great and the mightygold smells fairly similar, maybe that's because I have 3 DFG to 1 mightygold, once cut and dried I reckon I will notice the two apart.. the mightygold has buds like stones mate big fat dense things they are, that mightygold picture you see, I have 6 colas like that and then some smaller tops further down, going be some nice fat buds from her I reckon :) 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TEESSIDE GROWS said:

I don't know mate lol the dfg is a really nice strong lemony pineapple citrus smell what smells great and the mightygold smells fairly similar, maybe that's because I have 3 DFG to 1 mightygold, once cut and dried I reckon I will notice the two apart.. the mightygold has buds like stones mate big fat dense things they are, that mightygold picture you see, I have 6 colas like that and then some smaller tops further down, going be some nice fat buds from her I reckon :) 

You've done very well mate considering it's a first grow and you was worried about everything lol  but they look great you should be proud of them they look to be easy trimming too, definitely high bud to leaf ratio :yep: 

• Like 4

Yeah I thought that bud as the thrichomes still remained mostly clear I gave my last feed last night try give them one last push..  I will start the flush once they dry up and aim to harvest at around 50% amber thrichomes, after just checking today they are clear/milky and the odd 1 starting to darken so hopefully timed right, they are swelling really nice and since last photo buds have swelled and gained in density, they are looking really frosty and coated in thc. Really looking forward to harvest now, Looks like a pretty decent yeild to, really happy so far, hope the smoke pays off :) thanks for everyone's help and guidance, it's helped a lot fru-out 

Edited by TEESSIDE GROWS
Z
  • Like 2

As I get only days away from harvest I was looking for any advice tips and guidence on what I should be doing to make sure I maximise full potential and flavour.

I have went and bought a drying rack to hang in my tent and a pair off trimmers from my grow shop, I intend on hanging it in my tent running still my extractor fan and maybe the little RVK 6" desk fan?

I've just bought a normal 30/60x hand held microscope as the digital 60-100x digital one wasn't much use I can't get it to focus lol I will be checking thrichome colours tonight see what stage we are at it is only 2 days away from week 8 and things look about done. 

I have left things a little bit late (like always lol) and as of today I still haven't started to flush, I've been really busy and haven't yet quite thought about how I am going to do it... since I have been running pretty much only advanced nutrients right fru-out flower, and after being advised I thought I would go ahead and try "flawless finish" I've read online and found some good and also some bad reviews on this, has anyone tried this and potentially with my ladies only getting a short flush (5-7 days depending on thrichome colour tonight) is it worth using? If so how is best to use it?

Edited by TEESSIDE GROWS
H
  • Like 1

I went ahead and started the flawless finish anyway, see what happens... lol I checked the thrichomes and on a few of the main colas the thrichomes are still mainly cloudy with around 5% amber, I want to try aim for 50/50? So I will now flush untill i reach 50/50ish and then chop. I will be giving nothing but plain water from now giving a proper flush upon my next watering 

• Like 1

On the 14/8/17 I decided to chop the ladies, a little earlier than I wanted ( chopped at roughly 25/30% amber) rather than 50% which i originally intended due to personal circumstances. Overall I am happy with the outcome with roughly 70-80% nice buds and the rest of the aeiry/leafy buds I will make hash with. 

I chopped, trimmed and have them in my drying rack inside my tent. Humidity ranges between 42-50% and temp ranges from 22-24•c, I have my extraction fan running and a small clip on fan to help circulate the air. Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction as to lower my temp but raise my humidity or will 40-50% and 22-24•c be okay drying on the rack ? 

I will upload some photos tommorow just I've been trying not to disturb and give them as much darkness as possible within the first couple of days. 

Im happy to off completed my first grow and would like to give a massive thank you to @panik and everyone else on uk420 for helping and guiding me fru-out. Couldn't thank you all enough for sticking by and helping me reach the end and achieve my very first harvest :D really sticky resinous buds with a really nice pine citrus smell, really look forward to smoking this now :) 

PICS TO FOLLOW....

• Like 4

• 1 year later...