Nugs's Deeliteful DINAdventures 2017

jadenugs

Update plot 1

Hi 420.
Time for an update on my DINAdventures. I will do this update in two, one for plot 1 and one for plot 2 as there are too many pics for one post.
Well Saturday morning was as good a time as any for ganja planting, nice and sunny :) So off I went with phase 2 plants, water, fbb, tie wraps, mico  granules and some pre mixed provado bug killer  :)
This time I also took some pliers/wrench to make sure the copper collars were closed up nicely.

I went to plot 1 first with an ACMxEPK and an S6xEPK and put them in the ground. Vegetation had grown quite a bit across the plot between the pre dug holes so it was time to clear it all before planting. Same sequence as before, mixing in some fbb, then mico granules in the bottom, plants in, quick pic, soaking of provado, watering in, then cages and some more pics.  

Here's one of the plot upon entering  

large.59226dfb7d9ef_plot1entering1.JPG

CJ doing ok after one week in it's home.  

large.59226e1078f28_plot1CJ1.JPGlarge.59226e180eefb_plot1CJabove1.JPG

And the P.O.

large.59226e28caa9d_plot1PO1.JPGlarge.59226e3471e8e_plot1POabove1.JPG

Here is the ACMxEPK just planted, caged and one from above

large.59226e9f89a57_Plot1ACMxEPKplantout1.JPGlarge.59226ed09bd05_plot1ACMxEPKcaged1.JPGlarge.59226f04adf41_plot1ACMxEPKabove1.JPG

And the S6xEPK. I will start calling this Essex kush as that's what the breeder has named it.

large.59226f1aceb89_plot1S6xEPKplantout1.JPGlarge.59226f2e0a5b4_plot1S6xEPKcaged1.JPGlarge.59226f3f172df_plot1S6xEPKabove1.JPG

A pic of the plot on leaving it at around 10:10am. Half the plot is still shaded as there's a tree on the East side that has grown quite a bit in the few years I haven't used the plot. I estimate that the full plot would have sun by 10:30 but didn't have time to wait and find out. I'll just have to make do with what I've got and hope that we get plenty of sunshine from half 10 onwards :) 

large.59226f724e784_plot1onleaving10past10am1.JPG

So that was it for this plot and then I set off for plot 2.

• Like 6

Update plot 2

Much the same as plot 1 but I never had any vegetation to clear, just a few weeds to pull that had sprouted from chopped roots in the soil. Bindweed being one of the types. I'll have to keep on top of this as it blankets everything it comes across.

On with the pics, first up CJ from phase 1 settling in nicely and loving the sun.

large.59226fb562b35_plot2CJ1.JPGlarge.59226fc25ca7f_plot2CJabove1.JPG

And the PO CBD

large.59226fd1433ed_plot2PO1.JPGlarge.59226fe3556be_plot2POabove1.JPG

Dinachem just planted, caged and from above.

large.5922701395a8d_plot2DCplantout1.JPGlarge.5922701f4012d_plot2DCcaged1.JPGlarge.59227026e681f_plot2DCabove1.JPG

And the freshly planted Essex Kush.

large.5922703621c5b_plot2S6xEPKplantout1.JPGlarge.5922704307b1f_plot2S6xEPKcaged1.JPGlarge.59227050d3980_plot2S6xEPKabove1.JPG

And here's one of the whole plot so far. Top left to right CJ, PO, EK. Bottom left DC.

large.5922708bec4f5_plot2onleaving1.JPG

I put 2 x Blue Critical auto and 2 x Bubba Kush auto between wet paper towels to germ on Saturday night. They were placed in a plastic container within a black plastic bag on the floor of my flowering tent because I know my temps are a steady 72 to 80f. All four had germed this morning in 36 hours. Nice one Dinafem :) I had faith and didn't feel the need to put extra beans in to make sure, so no wasted beans ;) They should have a decent tap root on them by tonight ready to go in their pots :yeehah:  

So that's about all for this update. There will be an update on the autos in about a week's time to show how they are doing. Then on plant out a week later. From then on I'm hoping to visit plots 1 and 2 on alternate weeks   so each is visited and updated fortnightly and I have an update for you each week.  Well that's the plan and just something to aim for. Summer is here with other things to do but I'll try my best :yep:

Hope you've enjoyed the update and pics.

Happy growing and keep it green ;)  

• Like 7

Cheers mate. Haha that was the runt of the litter but I had trouble germing more in time so I've given it a chance, might be female and the other a male so I had to give it a chance. Might end up good lol

Thanks for popping in mate :)

• Like 2

Looking great @jadenugs and I'm very jealous of such a nice plot but will have to get my kicks watching you and @beezee do your thang for this year. I got all excited when I saw you had done an update lol The weather up here really warmed for the first time today and I hear a heatwave is coming so it should be great for you guys! :guitar:

ATB mate :oldtoker:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, beezee said:

Could be mate, it might just be a more kushy leaning one and the other more s6.

Yeah mate could be that as well but it was very slow to start. I didn't think it was going to grow at all. Anyway it's got plenty time to catch up lol You getting plenty of sun where you are? Lovely here! I wish it would rain every night and be sunny every day lol

13 hours ago, Fragg said:

Looking great @jadenugs and I'm very jealous of such a nice plot but will have to get my kicks watching you and @beezee do your thang for this year. I got all excited when I saw you had done an update lol The weather up here really warmed for the first time today and I hear a heatwave is coming so it should be great for you guys! :guitar:

ATB mate :oldtoker:

Thanks Fragg mate, glad you're enjoying the show so far :)  I'm under pressure now to try and do a good job lol Seriously though, it's all about the buzz for me. Bringing a good crop home from a gg is always a bonus and I never count my chickens ;) I'd love to see you do a no til gg  with all your knowledge of "botanical roots". Top man :yep: 

• Like 3

Let's hope it gets to a decent size and don't get a 'cousin it' pheno lollol

We've got rain here today, been drizzle since I woke up about 7am. The plants will love a good soaking then plenty of sun!

• Like 3

hhh before my time that one, though i did some lurking and reading before posting ;)  Heard mention of 'it' but don't remeber seeing it.....

gallery_62927_3328_538390.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/05/2017 at 10:22 AM, jadenugs said:

Haha yeh man, good point. Ground will be nice and damp now ;) best of luck in your comp dude :yep:

Thanks mate. No it's not Dinafem strains. I haven't germed my autos for the comp yet. That will happen as soon as these go out ;)

Thanks for clearing this up mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@jadenugs

Both plot 1 and 2 are looking great :) with the main ladies now in the ground, protection added and caged we are going to see some serious growth over the coming weeks :yep:

You are doing a fine job and is a pleasure to follow along and watch this unfold :)

Thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all :)

It's been a mad couple of weeks for me and I've got another equally busy weekend ahead so here's an update on my DINAadventures while I can fit it in.

I managed to get out to the plots on Wednesday night to plant out the rest so we now have two full houses :)

Unfortunately one of the Blue Criticals was a little runt so has been replaced with another PO CBD clone. This has gone to plot 1.

So I took a Bubba Kush auto and a PO to plot 1 and then a BK auto and a BC auto to plot 2.

Same procedure as the first two phases, holes dug over again with about 75g of FBB mixed in to a spade's depth, mico granules sprinkled in the bottom of the pot holes, plants planted, copper collars, caged and misted with Provado until run off. The only difference this time was with the autos with large slots cut into the sides of the pots and covered with clear plastic so I could see the root formation, and selotaped to the pots.

Some of the roots had pushed their way under the selotape so I was unable to pull it off when planting. To get around this without disturbing these roots I took a Stanley knife with a fresh blade and scored the clear plastic around the slots being careful not to cut any roots. Result, and the plants didn't look to be overstressed :)

Here's some pics. Sorry I never took any of the modified pots to show what I've done but I've kept the runt BC  and will pot it up to a larger pot and keep it in my veg cab to see how it does, and will take pics of the slotted pots some time after the weekend. The autos were at 13 days when I planted out, just for the record.

First up is a group shot of plot 1 with them all in their homes

large.593ba59f27502_Plot17june17R.jpg

Plot 1 CJ

large.593ba5ce462d0_plot1CJR.jpg

Plot 1 PO

large.593ba5db66fbb_plot1POR.jpg

Plot 1 ACMxEPK. You can see I've topped dressed with another 75g of FBB to the already established plants at both plots

large.593ba5e6322f0_plot1ACMxEPKR.jpg

Plot 1 Essex Kush which I will now be calling Dougal lol Hopefully won't be a male Dougal but a female one haha. Anyway, you can see it has grown well from the little runt it was @beezee

large.593ba62323310_plot1EKR.jpg

Plot 1 BK

large.593ba640805e0_plot1BKautoR.jpg

Plot 1 BK caged shot

large.593ba646f18e2_plot1BKautocagedR.jpg

Plot 1 PO#2 looking a little hungry, she's been in a 3 inch pot for ages

large.593ba69580fb9_plot1PO2R.jpg

Side view in the cage

large.593ba69c292d1_plot1PO2cagedR.jpg

Plot 2 all in their homes

large.593ba6d76362d_plot27june17R.jpg

Plot 2 CJ.

large.593ba6e93d3b9_plot2CJR.jpg

Plot 2 PO

large.593ba6fc730f3_plot2POR.jpg

Plot 2 EK. The ACM at plot 1 and the EK's at both plots don't have much side branching but I'll see what I can do with training when they are high enough above the cages

large.593ba70c47120_plot2EKR.jpg

Plot 2 DC, she looks very happy here and I hope she does well to make up for when I grew her indoors and suffered with yield

large.593ba71f1425c_plot2DCR.jpg

Plot 2 BK auto

large.593ba72c90384_plot2BKautoR.jpg

Plot 2 BK auto cage shot

large.593ba7371cc4a_plot2BKautocagedR.jpg

Plot 2 BC auto a little bent over at the top from transit but I don't think she was stressed out too much. The only downfall with planting out at this time with the autos is the shit cool weather we've had since. I had to do it when I did though, before they got rootbound. Fingers crossed they do ok.

large.593ba75325ece_plot2BCR.jpg

And finally, a side view in her cage. You can see in this pic there is some bindweed about, which I will have to keep on top of. I think fortnightly visits at each plot alternately should be enough for me to keep on top of things and not be too often.

large.593ba75fc6487_plot2BCcagedR.jpg

Well that concludes this update and I thank you for looking.

I apologise in advance if I can't get back to any comments straight away. My indoor grow is done now so I'll try my best to catch up with your grows over the coming weeks.

Happy growing and keep it green :yep:

• Like 4