Sweet Seed's Killer Kush FV by Badbadger

Badbadger

addin wicks will mean all you have to do is maintain their supply of water and feed via a tray ..dont get simpler..best of luck and watch the explosive growth too.

• Like 5

@Fragg @bobnudd I hope to see things like Spain which seems quite calm and chilled unlike 'Dam. 

I just want to be able to grow in my garden to if I wanted.I'd be out there in my deckchair with weaponry keeping the animals out.No hoodies where I live thankfully or they'd get it to lol.

Thanks for calling in guys.

• Like 4

large.58cd7b6327440_cooltext236492422360122(1).png

Hey 420,

As I sit here swearing relentlessly at the French referee in the Rugby I've just put Kala into her new home.

It's a home complete with wicks for her roots to enjoy.

I got the inspiration from Vince's grow and have honoured him with the special greeting reserved for "Members of the Wick" 

All wick members use a hand signal namely the "Thumb of Greatness" see it modelled here - 

large_s16.JPEG

As I mentioned earlier Kala has become enormous for her little pot as you can see - 

large_s3.JPEGlarge_s4.JPEG

So I potted her up into the first pot with wicks.I used £1.99 paper baskets from the store that stretches pounds.

I drilled them and nserted some dried Hazel to tie the wicks to - 

large_s5.JPEG

Once I had the wicks tied off I used washed 10mm quartz gravel to fill upto the Hazel like so - 

large_s7.JPEGlarge_s8.JPEG

That was covered by a mound of Biobizz to hold up the plant but allow the roots to be as far down as possible,not easy to show but here you go - 

large_s9.JPEG

Kala was in a long narrow pot that she'd rooted out -

large_s10.JPEG

I used the long pot specifically to give me roots i can fit over the mound once I cleared any soil away like so - 

large_s12.JPEGlarge_s11.JPEG

Once placed I fill around her with Biobizz All mix,tucked her in and job done.

I tested the wicks quickly in a tub and all looks good - 

large_s14.JPEG

Sadly i cant leave her fully as a wicked plant until the Autos are done.Ive also potted up the 4 Killer Kush FV seedlings who will join Kala in wicked pots once there's space.

The S'Seeds Green Poison FV seeds are happy finding their feet so along with Kala,4 Kush and 1 other plant (non Sweet Seeds) there will be 8 wicked pots all running vegging out.

I can't wait to get them all set up and drinking on they're own.

Here's kala happy in her new pot - 

large_s15.JPEG

That's it for now so COME ON ENGLAND!!!! damn you pesky Irish your always trouble.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 4

Wow, what a cool way to do it, nice, if I get experimental this is now near the top of the list ! I could have a nice sized rez beneath to serve multiple plants, have a water pump in there to circulate the water.....could get a couple of weeks before needing a refill ? Will you be keeping track of how much your wicked plant is drinking ? 

Looking forwards to seeing the wicked plants end results :)

• Like 5

@Inspiration101 thanks mate but it's inspired by @vince noir rock n roll starwick grow this comp, I've put it together a little differently though rightly or wrongly lol.

I have an old mid sized bookshelf that will be laid down in my tent which will hold all 8 pots on top with wicks down through to the fluid tubs below.Itll mean my wife can swap the fluid in and out underneath without moving the plants at all when she helps me with the heavy stuff.

I'm collecting 2 second hand silent aquarium air pumps next week to help keep the fluid oxygenated which some say wont help much but im looking at it to help keep the bacteria at bay to so worth a bit of effort I think.Each pump will be split to give 4 feeds.

Once set it'll be 8 plants 2 sharing a water tub and an air stone in each feed tub.

I have no idea at all on how it's going to go but vince got great results with his however he has "Vileda Vodoo" on his side and I don't even own a mop.

• Like 4

I have purchased some wicks earlier today and have plans to set this up above a wilma system to use for the rez.  Thankfully, owning 2 wilmas with water & air pumps is going to make this an easy n cheap setup - For once !  

It has intrigued me so much I will be taking clones from my current competition run and setting them up in the shed, so around 4 weeks from now I should have a diary up of what I am getting up to ;)

I hope it works out as will make for a great way to escape on 2 week holidays without worry.

• Like 3

@Badbadger cool update and well explained plus I'm sure others will use this method vince came up with, might use myself for trips away from home...if I ever have any :)

Good to see Kala still going for it too! :yep: Looking forward to seeing all the 8 plants with the bubblers setup :)

Just grrrrrrrrr at the rugby but agree with Johnny Wilkinson, it will help make them a better team going in the long run :boxing:

ATB mate :oldtoker:

• Like 2

@Badbadger

Didn't realise you had two diaries running mate :doh: gonna watch this one too and cracking job so far especially after that parachute jump without a parachute in the begnning lol a tough one that seed fair play and now this wick system after the inspiration from the stellar work Vince has been doing with his, aye I'm looking forward to see how it all pans out for you bud and excellent vibe about the diary, just like the other   :v:

• Like 4

large.58d14f7f354dd_cooltext236964514800789(1).png

Hey 420,

I hope everyone's smiling and growing happily.

Its become obvious that Kala has enjoyed the re-pot over the weekend look at her here - 

large_t9.JPEGlarge_t4.JPEGlarge_t3.JPEG

She's doing great and as I mentioned above her sisters have joined her in the tent -

large_t6.JPEGlarge_t7.JPEGlarge_t8.JPEG

You'll notice one pot is still covered as it's being a little stubborn but she'll pull through I'm sure.

So now all being well were up to 5 Killers to raise together in wick pots like Kala's.

Today's update doesn't just cover the Killers now though as today i put 2 Sweet Seeds Green Poison FV Photo seeds into some soft damp cloth in my little popping pot in the airing cupboard.Photos will come and they'll have wick pots to.

Seedlings are in Biobizz Lightmix and potted plants will all be in Biobizz All Mix with associated nutes if and when needed.

In all that will bring the Sweet Seeds plant count up to 7 for this next grow and I can't wait to get them going but for now they're on 18/6 lighting so there'll be some hardcore vegging going on.

Exciting times,bye for now my friends.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 5

Looking very nice @Badbadger that killer kush will explode with growth now you have topped it.

Good luck in the monthly comp and with your little seedlings:yep:

• Like 2

@Badbadger Kala is gonna be something special, she is feeling the love and responding imho ;) 

7 Sweet Seeds now...damn you are working that wife of yours hard! :) 

ATB mate :oldtoker:

• Like 1

ok that was cool. willow sticks tied to bits of rope. hemp I hope!

if I was being honest I'd say I wish I was less stoned while reading some of these diaries. Some very nice ideas getting executed very nicely. I suppose the good thing about these is they remain for posterity so others can learn and enjoy.

Might come back to this one again later. ;)

@Elvis Reg thanks my friend but as im sure you understand the ideas ive used are only borrowed and adapted from other growers here.

Actually The initial idea of my hybrid DIY lighting was again inspired by @vince noir rock n roll star  when I saw his post regarding smaller CMH units in the CMH thread,infact if checks his pm's he'll see I pm'd him about them months ago.

Stay safe.

****MAJOR REVAMP OF MY KUSH GROW LATER TODAY****

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 5

Man, Been busy here Badger.

Gals are looking real happy, Nice diy going on and a great thumb shot!

A splendid diary

Peace:hippy:

Hey 420,

Its grow day 27 and do you remember poor little Kala yeah? 

Here she is now -

large_h6.JPEGlarge_h4.JPEGlarge_h8.JPEGlarge_h5.JPEG

Have you ever seen such immense fans? She's grown well in 2 days and I have a little secret! she's the first plant with wicks that are in fluids.

She looks amazing and I at last feel like Im actually getting somewhere in here after my accident early on and with  "dirt gate" in my autogrow thats been a struggle at times but is a lesson learnt.

I have ALOT more to come tomorrow including new plants,new pots and new plans.

Stay safe my friends.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 5