Sweet Seed's Killer Kush FV by Badbadger

Badbadger

@Fragg   of course what a muppet !! will check that out again later.Ive thought out my next grow to be easier in a few ways but alot less water should help humidity.I hope your good and enjoying some of your cropped smoke buddy.

@botanics thanks mate,just glad I spotted it quick.Was surprising to see how extensive it was internally.My wife may have bruised that plant shipping it around but cant blame her....much lol.

• Like 2

@Fragg can't believe it but it's all gone mate every last plant looked alright but when cut open at least 2 main colas were really gone in the middle and enough popcorn to make salvaging impossible they're all currently burning in the BBQ and I have about 3 days of small smokes left.

Just to much moisture build up from the wick sumps.I should have left the ext fan on 24/7 once a few weeks into flipping with that much fluid in the tent I was just to stupid to see something so obvious.

Also should have taken them off the sumps for the last 10 days or so to help keep it less humid.

I have the mk2 system ready and itll run on a fraction of the fluid in this one which is one positive.

I took a whole update of photos on Wednesday and I cant see a single thing wrong in any of them.Will still upload them once I'm squared away.

Nothing I can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badbadger said:

@Fragg can't believe it but it's all gone mate every last plant looked alright but when cut open at least 2 main colas were really gone in the middle and enough popcorn to make salvaging impossible they're all currently burning in the BBQ and I have about 3 days of small smokes left.

Just to much moisture build up from the wick sumps.I should have left the ext fan on 24/7 once a few weeks into flipping with that much fluid in the tent I was just to stupid to see something so obvious.

Also should have taken them off the sumps for the last 10 days or so to help keep it less humid.

I have the mk2 system ready and itll run on a fraction of the fluid in this one which is one positive.

I took a whole update of photos on Wednesday and I cant see a single thing wrong in any of them.Will still upload them once I'm squared away.

Nothing I can do.

No fucking way that is just the worst news mate :wallbash:

As you say the pics all just looked amazing with nothing wrong whatsover to this so quickly!

I'll bet you are fucking mortified but my advice is just to plant some seeds and move on ASAP :)

@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp

@Sweet Seeds-tommy

I'm so sorry guys I've blown it with these and they were looking so beautiful to.

I'm redesigning a few major things for the future so if by chance anything ive done gets picked up and worked with by others theyll have all the pitfalls to be aware of.

Ed** I do have a full update of photos and info so will stick it up here once ive licked my wounds and headbutted the wall a few times :wallbash:

With regards and apologies.

Edited by Badbadger

Fuck man! whole crop like :shock: gutted for you as they looked tidy too, shitter this mate but yeah get some beans in :v: 

Hey 420, 

This day in age there are bigger things to worry about than losing a whole crop to rot plus I'm still angry at myself.

I think there could be a few reasons behind the mould spreading so aggressively,the amount of water in the tent under the wicks is one obvious point.Secondly the temps werent gteat over the last 2 weeks with night temps dropping enough to enable the mould to form.

All I know is it had been there for quite a while as it was so well developed whilst most buds looking perfect outside but fully  rotten through the interior.

I don't think the massive amounts of resin coupled with the dense LED buds helped weirdly as they basically form a small,sealed  micro-climate inside each one.

It's going to be a long few weeks before anything im doing will reward me with some relief but have no choice.

These photos were done before I found the first few bits of mould and after going through them again today I couldn't spot anything id missed which is one tiny plus point I guess.

Here you go then Killer Kush and Green Poison's final flourish before BBQ time and they smelt so good...

large.t.JPEGlarge.g.JPEGlarge.9.JPEGlarge.e.JPEGlarge.6.JPEGlarge.f.JPEGlarge.h.JPEGlarge.b.JPEGlarge.f.JPEGlarge.a.JPEGlarge_23.JPEGlarge_17.JPEGlarge_19.JPEGlarge.4.JPEGlarge_18.JPEGlarge_11.JPEGlarge_16.JPEGlarge.2.JPEGlarge.5.JPEGlarge.3.JPEGlarge_14.JPEGlarge_15.JPEGlarge.1.JPEG

Thanks to everyone who's popped in and brightened up my day along the way since I started this diary it's been a bit of a journey for me and I've learnt alot which will serve me well for other competitions and If Sweet Seeds do another comp later this year I'm going to start the bribery early lol

"I've been Badbadger you've been an amazing audience thank you and goodnight" 

Thank you @Sweet Seeds-tommy

@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp

I loved every second of it (nearly!)

• Like 3

Awesome pics once again mate, my wife was cooing with delight as I was scrolling through them until I told them they were yours, she already knew the fate of them :( ... no sign in the pics of rot at all so cant blame you for not spotting it, just terrible luck. 

Well the Fragg family is currently packing a few items for our Amsterdam trip that I probably wouldn't even be taking if it wasn't for your encouragement my friend :yep: I will be toking a few in your name over the next coupla days, we are all so excited to have our first ever summer break together and my youngest is 22....so its been awhile lol Tommy has been a star and sorted me out with tickets, cash the bloody works! The prize is a bit overwhelming if I'm honest!! But I will battle on slaying all trichomes in my path :smokin:

Thought I'd share a nice touch I got from him today with you :)

large.Postal-Sweet-Seeds_EN_light.jpg

Cool huh! Sweet Seeds and Tommy in particular have just been amazing to uk420 imho :yinyang:

Anyway I'd better go and prep my plants for their break from my presence until Monday and then get the party started :band:

ATB my friend have a great weekend too :bong:

PS A Cream Mandarine XXL hit the dirt this morning on your recommendation :)

Edited by Fragg
PS
  • Like 2

@Fragg I'm glad your whole family are going mate I know how much they mean to you and how you look forward to visits from them plus it'll be really nice to have a more mature family trip with you all being able to experience Amsterdam properly.

I dont think id have won a trip this year but if I did it was going your way anyway so you'd have made it there whatever happened just enjoy the fun and make some good memories.

Can't deny I'm jealous of you having some fine smoke to hand out there as Im well on my return back to a proper full senses painful life again as the voodoo doll version of me with pins stuck everywhere fights it's way back.

lolDont think I enjoyed editing the shots above as a few were labelled wrongly but didn't they look great?? some of the trich action was awesome even if I do say so myself! 

Take care Fragg and my regards to your family.

Peace and love to you all.

• Like 1

man im sorry it turned out this way ,airflow when dealing with excess water in the tent is the solution ..such a shame ..sweet seeds should give you a prize simply for the ammount and quality of pictures chap ..at least an important lesson has been learnt ..even i lost a couple of small buds to mould and i had great great airflow .also remember some strains are sensitive to mould especially some of the more extreme resin hybrids .

• Like 2

sorry to hear of your misfortune @Badbadger as vince says airflow is important. I've been a little obsessed with it in the past. having active intake and outake on full blast plus multiple fans on 24/7 next time will be installing an active intake as I believe the infusion of fresh air directly into the tent is helpful to the plant.

the diary and pictures have been a pleasure to view.

all the best for the next one

@vince noir rock n roll star thanks for the support and it was one of those situations that was staring me full in the face but didn't quite see it.I have proper timers for the 3 fans now and designed my next set up to hold 3/4 less water at least as the sumps have ballast to hold a high line without much water but it can be removed in stages as needed.I had an eye on making a little rosin from the Kush to,gutted.

@Elvis Reg thank you for your kind words buddy.I have a 6 inch active intake with ducting thats hung directly under the window sill with fine tights over for a filter but living in the sticks and surrounded by fields,mature trees within 10 metres of the window and bushes every where I think I need a proper filter.Ive also read that the spores are temperature sensitive and as long as the temps are stable above 18-20c 24/7 they won't develop,is that correct?

The temps were up and down a bit towards the end which I was aware of but didn't see the importance with regards to mould.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Badbadger

large.594d19c4bfab3_cooltext249031757139171(1).pnglarge.cooltext249031608550471.png

hey 420,

Yet again the power of Sweet Seeds genetics has rewarded me with a chance of redemption from the disaster that was this grow.

Earlier today I heard my wife call me out to the garden so out I rolled to be greeted by a green plastic (ex tea bag) pot and out of the top were green leaves,for a second I was confused but my mind clicked back to the night I discovered my whole grow was gone,as I was burning it outside I found a few clippings on the floor and without thinking filled the pot with used compost and shoved them in putting it in the corner of the garden wall where they stayed until my Wife spotted it tidying up today.

At first they looked dead but when I stuck my glasses on realised that 2 were actually still green with life,look.......

large.p.JPEG

So tipped them out to take a peek at any roots and behold.......

large_p2.JPEG

large_p3.JPEG

I spent a while taking anything dead away and loosening the roots up then washed them as much as I could then potted it up.....

large_p5.JPEG

I'm pretty sure it's Green Poison FV (hence the title) and the couple I had were dropped in sparkly resin so would be great to run again.

The plan now is to grow them out on the window sill for a while as my tents on 12/12 and keep it as a mum to do a few small number clone runs from it until I have space for a full sog in the Autumn.

The tenacity of this humble plant is immense and if it's going to fight through the harsh weather over the last month with no attention then ill do all i can to save it.

@Fragg

@Sweet Seeds-tommy

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 2

is anyone else thinking that I should have cut and washed loads of cuttings from my mouldy plants? 

What a twat.