@Machiavellianhey dude thanks for calling by. I enjoyed reading your posts on the news pages. Im a bit wary about posting on there because of the high levels of aggression .:badass:

I find myself  fascinated reading peoples' hateful rants about things,  f###em haha, good luck Mac  good meetin ya 

It was really cold last night, frost. The seedlings are at risk but the cloned Ducks are in the griund toughing it out very well

large.1493292488265.jpg

Slug collar is cheap copper tape fixed to the top of the pots. 

I cut off the bottom of the pots and cut a jagged edge to discourage the slimy killers.

Pellets also kill but are messy and also attract slugs so I dont intend deploying pellets this season.

The cold frames are boxes lined with bubble wrap and a bit of glass to cover them

The seedlings get a couple of weeks under flouro T5 light before going outside.

None of my  seedlings will be ready for plant out for while yet.

Below left,  Blue Cheese clone topped, looks strong and the Blueberry also topped

just visible to her right

large.1493292488587.jpg

Below, the 2 mature original Frisian Ducks, my Queens of the Stone Age.

I didnt finish the cage on the right and she got munched to the bone by rabbits.

Two days before I noticed but the plant is regrowing ! Very strong mother.

She be fine again soon I hope.

You cannot let your guard down. I thought I had ( mostly )  secured the rabbits from the plot.

large.1493292488950.jpglarge.1493292489210.jpg

Good luck to all the outdoor growers its happening !  If you dont have any seeds, get some . If you have seeds, sprout them and keep the seedlings warm. 

:oldtoker:

The Blueberry is a clone plant, growing back after topping. The seed plants have got too chilled and

are struggling a bit in the cold frames. 

Have sprouted another Hollands Hope. The first seedling is still too small to come outside, about half the 

size of the Dew and Poison fems, my last chance with the Hope this season.

large.1493801188865.jpg

Last week very dry so I watered and fed the Frisian Duck cuttings that are planted out.

I fed the outdoor plants with tomato feed at 2mils per litre and they've responded well and greened up

and started to veg well in the ground. 

As time goes by I realise that I feel much more confident with my clones compared to seed plants outdoors

Below, the big Frisian Queen Duck bursting to grow big for a second year.

large.1493801188133.jpg

Here is the recovering mother  Duck, reduced to bonzai by rabbit attack. She is a tough one.

All the Ducks shown are from cuts from these 2 mothers.

The original mother Duck was from last year's best seed plant which grew lovely firm buds,

less purple, more green. 

large.1493801234613.jpg

I've  finished digging the Frisian plot and planted out my main crop. In the end I dug the holes

together because the ground was full of roots from nettles brambles ivy hawthorn etc. It needed

deep cultivating with a buck rake to clear the roots so easier to clear the plot than use 

individual holes for single plants at this site

large.1493801188479.jpg

Its still really cold and rainy. The  clone plants are happy as ###k  but seedlings aren't happy .

I might have to get them back under the T5 for a rest if it doen't warm up soon.

Time for a joint of prime outdoor bud and remember warm sunshine

:oldtoker:

• 2 weeks later...

Im cultivating a few cannabis plants in the Lost Lands. My plots are populated by native 

trees and bushes, notably Blackthorn, Hawthorn and Elder. This season, Im using their 

flowering times to guide my plant outs.

When the Blackthorn blossomed in late March, I sowed my seeds indoors under flouros

and took cuttings.

This week, the Hawthorns are flowering. Im using this signal to start planting out my seed

plants as soon as they're big enough, 6 inches and well rooted in pots in the cold frames

The big mother Duck doing very well

large.1494494160030.jpg

The main Duck plot. The clones have got established and greened up nicely on tomato feed at

2mils per litre. I dont usually water outdoor plants unless its really dry. It has been so.

large.1494494160658.jpg

The Blueberry is grown from a cutting and has started to settle in.

In pots, a couple of tasty sounding Dutch Passion Autos for an early

outdoor harvest in the summer, late July or early August.

large.1494494160405.jpg

The pics below taken at my grilla plot, the China Bowl. This is a sweet plot. Ive crammed it a bit and only did 3 here last season but made it only a bit bigger

Prepped the soil with chicken manure pellets and fish blood and bone mix sprinkled and raked in.. Planted out yesterday. Will go back soon to cut big branches 

seal the plot leavin only a crawl space for access. 

large.1494494159758.jpglarge.1494495021022.jpg

The Hollands Hope is still indoors, tiny at 4 ish weeks but now lookin neat. Hope she will come out next week for a photo

The  Killer skunk is a UkPsycosis cross by @GreenVision. I will be watching this one , its from reg seed. Will save cuttings to flower indoors

during the winter taking cuts from the sweetest plants from this mix in the summer.

Growin weed outdoors is just the best thing to be doin at the mo. Its a lot of work to prepare but the rewards are truly amazing

if your luck holds. If I only had a balcony or a small garden I would be growing a couple of autos in pots.

But growing on the land gives me a heroic feeling, taking land,  defending it, avoiding capture, its really primal stuff 

This is a good time to sow seeds. Good wishes to you all

Cant really say for sure as I know sweet fa about growing outdoors tbh. But the KS X Psy cross showed flowers very well. Two separate grows and both times round it was the first plant of multiple strains to show sex. 

I have a aero full of cuttings taken from that mother plant rooting right now, they will be going into the RDWC next week and in flower around 4 weeks after if interested as I have never done a diary on the plant itself.

• 1 month later...

Hey @GreenVision hope your grows are doin well. My KS/psy  are doing fine outside so far. As you said they id sex early. Two fems in separate plots.large.1497607508374.jpg

This is a sweet little plot of  uk420 plants from subbie seeds, Sweet Seeds and Dutch Passion.

Very pleased to show the Hollands Hope which was very slow to start but has caught up nicely

large.1497607508838.jpg

Plans often change with growing whether outdoors or under lights.

I've had to rip the main crop of Ducks, some other fems and the 2

Autos. The plot has been replanted with tomatoes butternut squash

and chillis. I tend to go too far sometimes, plant out too much and 

then have to row back. It's all cool though apart from regret about not

replanting the autos. Nevermind, should have ample supply of premium

outdoor weed to keep us high and a few zees of creamy hash for winter.

In the China Bowl guerilla plot shown a couple posts back the plants are growing

very well but its been very dry with no added water or feed. Most impressive is the

Frisian Dew at 5ft and bushy, huge fan leaves. Im tempted to make the effort to get

some water to her plus tomorite @ 2 mils per litre and see how big she gets this

summer. This plant has a reputation for growing very high.

Most of my plants are topped but I'm growing the Frisian Dew and the Durban Poison

natural and untopped to compare. Height is not a problem at this plot

large.1498119798850.jpg

I love the wild countryside here in the Lost Lands. The flowering of the native trees

has guided my planting this season. First to flower is the Blackthorn in early spring

when I sowed the seeds under 50w flouro. When the Hawthorn bloomed in april I 

started planting out the seedlings as soon as they rooted out their pots.

The Elder trees are in bloom now, the last of the spring blossom  and summer is here.

My planting out is done. 

Thanks for visiting, hope all your gardens are well and rain comes tonight

@Flintstone hi Fred thanks man !  The Frisian is my favourite dame at the mo big 

and confident enough to hug

. @nudger36 cheers dude so far all ok. I grew the Durban and Dew as autos last

summer, nice smoke especially the Durban for flavour. Here are my quartet of uk420

plants from seed and clone, Sweet Seeds, Dutch Passion and subbie seeds by

@GreenVision

large.1498212360754.jpg

These plants all topped and 2 to 3 foot high, well established in native soil + pellet, fbb.

All lookin sweet despite very dry weather. Still no real rain, lots of thunder slight shower.

The Hope is from seed so is the Green Poison fv . Blueberry is from a cutting. Some

high class smoke in store providing to weather favours us growers. Im hopeful as ever.

As @Flintstone say, perseverance furthers. Faith in the present and the future

, haha, 

smokin some sweet Blueberry:oldtoker: 

Its a great feeling visiting the plots in the early morning before it gets hot. The plants

are growing well. Ive been bringing in a can of water now and then, just a couple of 

litres per plant during this long dry spell once or twice a week. Its a hassle really getting

water in but the plot is closeby and I can approach and return unobserved with care

large.1498553192434.jpg

The Dew is now as high me, nearly 6ft. Haha, ok, 5' 10. Just loving this plant. This 

variety is known as a beautiful strain with good colours in the autumn.

Below, Sex Bud from Female Seeds grown from an indoor cutting. Has distinctive

leaf blades, did well under  lights and  clone finished inside 8 weeks. Will let this one

grow natural, untopped

large.1498553191975.jpg

One of 2 remaining Killer Skunks. All the seeds sprouted and made it to veg.

But I had to rip most of them plus other strains for common sense reasons.

Too many plants !  I feel more comfortable with the 3 small scattered plots 

which remain, 2 mixed plots of 4 anf 5 plants and one plot of 4 Ducks.

The plot that I ripped is growing some vegetables now. The fencing I fitted is now interwoven

with thorn tree branches and would be very hard to access.  The land owner knows that I have occupied

the site for years and has not made a firm challenge over it. They once  offered to give me a license to use

the land but have let the situation be and allowed the occupation They may fear a claim

for the land because it's been so  many years. We have some sort of understanding and 

its cool as long as the ownership doesn't change but we're getting older. I kind of had

to stand my ground with the owners and they have not attempted to reclaim the section.

Im glad I fronted them when I did years ago because I haven't got the energy to fight now.

Well if pushed but what's the point, end game ? To claim ownership ? No probs not.

That m7ght well tip the karmic balance between the land owner and the land thief.

large.1498553191556.jpg

@GreenVision skunk daddy

@autodog  looks nice that does mate. I'd love to do outdoors I really would, but down here we have very little forest areas and almost no open field areas large enough to keep the general public away long enough.

The KS x PSY flowers fast though, 7-9 weeks max I would say. But tight buds will mean you will have to watch her close when the mold season rolls in. Not sure how you outdoor chaps deal with that but watch closely.

ATB.

Hey @Flintstone cheers Fred Im so happy  to know you admire the friz. Will proudly post her on the 

Dutch Passion piccy thread if she makes to October. Neo- neolithic  vegetable garden shown below

large.1498818074333.jpg

Note. Dont add feed to water for plants in prepared ground with fbb and chicken manure pellets.

I m thinkin the curling leaves are a reaction to over fertilizing. Hopefully this Duck clone will pull through.

large.1498818074054.jpg

large.1498818073734.jpglarge.1498818073355.jpg  

These DP fems romping away, nice and strong. The Hope has some capsid eating but the Blue resistent so far. The recent rain has freed the plants 

from the capsids for a few days. They aren't a worry and did no lasting damage last season.

Slugs and rabbits seem less of a problem though a fox or dog  has trampled 2 cages which contained sweet corn. The veg has survived.

Rabbits have made only half hearted attempts to dig under the cages.

The first lush bloom of spring is over. The plots are slightly more visible as the early flowering native plants die back.

After the rain the sun is out again, its getting hot. Lovin the outdoor life with marijuana.

Edited by autodog