Winter has settled in hard here in the Lost Lands. Frost hasn't thawed for days. I've been getting some seeds ordered for the spring.  From Dutch Passion Im  going for the Colour Mix pack #2 which includes 2 each of Frisian Dew,  Durban Poison and Hollands Hope. I did well with the auto Durban Poison last summer and the fresh zesty smoke was popular chez autodog. The Dew should be sound and Im going to grow this one as big as I can, untopped and natural , a monster. The question really is on the Hope. Can it ripen in time ?  @gravy_14 reminded me that many have their doubts on the Hope, @DutchPassionTony gives me a caution that the Hope needs a good spell of weather to finish well. Well Im gonna do it anyway, but it's lookin 50/50 on a good outcome for Hollands Hope .

Re Duck bud, I've been giving this some thought reflectin on gravy's observation that its a weak cold high and I know what you mean. I agree it is less strong than  others.

The high is slightly weired . Haven't smoked another quite like it. Its a bit more edgy, I find it a bit speedy , it has its place in my meds cab. 

Think Fast  has consistently finished fast for me, so I will try one outdoors. The Edge takes a bit longer, nice smoke will also try.

Renewing my subs this week I hope to receive some beans cooked up by @GreenVision , Killerskunk x Psychosis. Willl be flowering one or 2 in the guerilla plots. Im lookin for a good uk skunk male for my cheese project so fingers crossed, really want these  :-)

Hi @GreenVision lookin for a stinky  one ! Your Killer  x looks good and authentic, yes wanted to get  a uk one,  nice work fella and thanks for sharing. Yeah lookin to make some seeds, somethin cheesy. Was lookin to get Ug #1 but seems out of stock. Will try your beans in the meantime. They just arrived in the post,  very fast.  Will pop them soon as the  season starts. Will do some in and some out.

• 2 weeks later...

large.1486043360309.jpgJust got these through the post for the diary, my Dutch Passion outdoor classics, big thanks

@DutchPassionTony

Frisian Dew has been grown for decades an old favourite for outdoor growers she's known to get big in good conditions a proper dame. Hoping for big buddage on this one.

Durban Poison considered a very sound plant for southern uk originates African  sativa but with a little indica. Should be a good smoke.

Hollands Hope. This is outdoor indica, grown by lots of Hollanders. Been devoloped for northern euro growers. Doesnt get great reviews on uk420. If it comes good it should make a good hasher and good smoke with a unique high.So a question mark on the Hope for finishing, fingers crossed.

A few weeks to go before any get started sometime in march april under the T5 flouros

Hi ya autodog!!

As you know i grow alot of DP...not for the marketing but for the genetics..ive grown hundreds of strains and i find DP(especially their new stuff) to amongst the best genetics in the world. Their new line of autos is having disturbing results. I recently saw a Glueberry OG that was 55 days old and was outgrowing the guys 6 foot tall(2 meter tall) tent. Rediculous!!

Cant wait to see how the hollands hope works out for you...i hope your is an exact replica of mine from 2 seasons ago!! She performed well...i really liked the smoke, mold resist was great...the only thing i didnt like was the lack of density in the bud...still she weighed out really well.

Oh think fast outdoor!! Cant wait to see how that performs for you bud!

@912GreenSkell great to see ya dude ! Yeah the new stuff looks cool, love the Lime have started a Glueberry OG, the autoColorado really nice smoke too. Its well worth tryin the new ones I reckon cos it looks like they're  on  a trail to get the strongest genetics with taste. 

I reckon the Fast should be good outside we'll see. 

I learned loads of stuff from your guidence last summer. Even though our climates are so various, plants grow very differently and similarly at the same time. Its great getting a north American perspective. You guys are so positive and we're so f******n miserable ! Im a bit mashed having trialled Forest Dream outdoor vs indoor grown, phew :oldtoker:

Yeah really excited about the new stuff!! I am trying a bunch of different strains this season. Going to be interesting!

Cant wait to see how you do this season!! You have some great strains lined up for sure! Good luck bud, we will chat closer to launch. Oh i grew a couple of DP autos out indoors in the microgrow....colorado cookies is awesome smoke again thought this round i dealt with a bit of mold, and Autonightqueen is just amazing. Like it so much i started another one.

Hell bud, how can you be miserable with all of that grass to smoke!! Trust me man....lots of north americans don't have my positive outlook!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @912GreenSkell havent done any autos for a while. The Dacquiri Lime got smoked up very fast !  Btooklyn Sunrise next on the list. 

Yeah man, growin good weed makes me feel very happy 

Been a while. A few pics got lost in the site rebuild so here's a couple to get back up to date. This is the new plot

I'm prepping for my hash soldiers, the Frisian Ducks. These are being hatched from 2 mother Ducks, selected for

their good firm flowers last season. Have just started to propatate a new trio of baby ducks. Will start 1 or 2 cuttings a week

during april,  will start planting out the Ducks in may.

This pic from late January or early feb. Lots of clearing to do and barriers to create.

The soil is pretty good mostly, lots of brambles and ivy.

large.1489051823046.jpg

This pic taken yesterday. Lots of work done. Based on my experience last summer I set my plot out with 3ft diameter

holes with  1 or 2 feet between the holes. 

Soil is pretty good, well drained but over run with brambles and ivy. Some shading branches have bern chopped back.

Very physical tiring work for an ageing guerilla grower, but once done, this plot should be good for future use

walarge.1489051823593.jpglarge.1489051823347.jpg

I fixed up some lightweight stock fencing to one boundary to help keep out rabbits, stealth fencing

Here are my seeds for the Dutch Passion outdoor classics whichnwill be grown in my guerilla plot,

the China Bowl, which hasn't been prepped yet. Plenty of time.

Frisian Dew    Durban Poison     Hollands Hope

large.1489051823842.jpg

Edited by autodog
forgot something

• 2 weeks later...

large.1490104120180.jpg

The Blackthorn trees are just about to flower. I love this blossom because its the first of the year and

lights up the countryside as spring gathers. This year I'm taking at as a cue to sprout  the first seeds

of the canna season. Today I popped a couple of Frisian Dew seeds, fems. 

Frisian Duck mother. This has been in a litre pot all winter, survived thrips attack  and various sprayings.

Been in a cosy veg cab under T5 light. The cuts in the incubator were taken 12th March and will go into 

pots to veg next week. Nothing will go outside till mid April, see how the weather goes, maybe not till

May. I will probably take my cue from the flowering of the Hawthorn and Elder blossoms for my plant 

outs, trying to get in tune with the natural rhythm. 

Growing canna outdoors is ****in awesome. One of the best things I have ever done. Absolutely love it.

If you havent got seeds to hand, order some in this week. Its a good time to pop some to hatch on a

sunny windowsill.

Happy days comrades      :badass:    

large.1490103857017.jpgl

• 2 weeks later...

Poundland and Aldi for mesh and slug tape. A handfull of nutrients per plant hole, easy

on the blood and bone powder, it's strong stuff. Sprinkle like pepper. 

large.1491298034023.jpg

Im propagating seeds and clones under T5 and even though its cold  they are going out to the guerilla 

plot ina simple cold frame with glass cover. Above, 2 Ducks, an OG kush (Dinafem) a DP Blueberry

and a Big Buddha  Blue Cheese from cuttingslarge.1491298033694.jpg

large.1491298034304.jpg

Frisian Duck rooted cuttings in cold frame. Some smaller cuts might not make it cos of low temps but the bigger

cuts are toughing it out and growing bigger

Subbie seeds by @GreenVision.

Killerskunk x uk psychosis

13 no seeds. 100 germination ! 

I pack these plugs with coco, and sow sprouted seeds which have been soaked for 24 hours.

Thanks to GV for sending in seeds for community growers and @joolz for sending them to me.

large.1491298034606.jpg

Frisian Dew, Durban Poison, and Hollands Hope all sprouted too.

Buy seeds, take cuttings, save on seed cost, grow weed outdoors make seeds !

Thanks for lookin in, Happy grow vibes to all

Edited by autodog

@autodog cheers for giving them a go mate. I have not tried these myself, as bad as that is .. :unsure:

Will be an interesting mix one to see. Some serious flavours in there i'd imagine. Being a straight cross / hack might be worth taking a clone or two of some of the fems. You never know.

Best of luck with the grow mate. Fingers crossed for ya.

• Like 2

Nice one @GreenVision! I guessed you havn't had a chance to try em so its good to be able to give the seeds a good shout for a germ test. Good work mate. 

I grew Sweet Tooth last year and love the whole subbie thing. Will put some pics up on the Free Seeds thread later, all best dude

Edit to add yes I will take clones of the nicest lookin plants. Im guessing the Killerskunk was Ugorg ?

Edited by autodog

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @nudger36 thanks and you're very welcome. 

Keep it simple. Once the plants are in the ground they get little or none feed or water.

Weed grows itself easily outdoors in the sweet sunny south provided its protected from obvious hazards like animals and people. 

Apart from a concealed location, most important is a prepped 2 or 3 foot wide hole, slug collar and rabbit resistent cage.

My first plant outs were rooted and part vegged clones of Frisian Ducks including my 2 mother Ducks. Freedom. I found this variety very hardy last season. 

large.1492506965317.jpgthese were planted out end of last week. Last year I started much earlier.

I noticed that later plantouts caught up with the early ones by late summer.large.1492506965663.jpg

I keep seedlings and clones in cold frames on the plot until they look strong enough to go in the ground.

Blueberry

Hollands Hope

Frisian Dew 

Durban Poison all Dutch Passion.

Skunk/psycho subbies by @GreenVision 

Big Buddha Blue Cheese

Green Poison fv Sweet Seeds

OG Kush  Dinafem

Sex Bud Female Seeds

large.1492506964385.jpg

Have got an autoGlueberry on the go under T5 light, also a Glueberry OG fem, really lookin forward to see how these turn out. 

large.1492506964708.jpg

The first of my non Duck plant outs, I love this strain and I know it's not on the  uk outdoor lists.

Hoping for a good summer.

Edited by autodog