Auto blue kush, CFL micro grow.

Exile420

Just chipping in on the bulbs... Man! I was obsessed with bulbs for a few months! :rofl:

I mentioned this somewhere else - maybe here - I have a feeling of deja vu ! :eek:

A nice informative discussion took place here many moons ago, on the subject of tone - or how many kelvins you want to flower under - pasted a link below... You're aiming for the redder aspects of the spectrum - 2500 - 3700k I think.

I've been told that 125watt is about as high as you want to go in a single CFL for reasons of efficiency - better to have two of them that one larger bulb, but then you need the fittings too...

Only thing I've found that gets up to 30watts while still having a conventional bayonet fitting is 2700k, which is fine to flower under and you can pick these up, after a short perusal, on that auction site for about £5 a throw...

One thing I will add about the 30watt cfls - they get hot - hotter than I thought they would. :fear:

https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=46572

@Excile420 your grow is looking lush mate! Nice one... and i like the experimental nature of your - I'll see what I get without frills - approach! It will be good to see how it works out, looking good so far! :yep:

• Like 3

I'll put more effort in next time when I start the next strain, should be able grab some reflective sheet and the bulb.

• Like 1

@@Slugums

You can get bayonet fitting CFL's in 'cooler' colours online mate, I picked a few up a while back (4500 K) but they cost a tad more than standards in the shops.

I'm tempted to try out a new build for a vegging light experiment using some GU10 COB LED's to be honest, as I picked up some to replace the halogens in the ceiling lights and they are well bright and in various Kelvin values too.

• Like 3

@@botanics

Cool... I've only really seen the high blue (6500k) and redder (2700k or so) CFLs...

I've been looking at the little LEDs and wondering about them - let me know if you go that route... I'm, very slowly, getting a veg cupboard together myself, just to save big gaps in grows and it'll let me use the CFLs I have hanging around.

Sorry, @@Exile420 I am dragging this off topic! :wassnnme:

Like I say though, for someone who says they will put in more effort next time, you have fine healthy looking plants this time! :yep:

• Like 3

@@Slugums cheers mate yeah she seems to be soon good :)

She's stretched half an inch over night so more tying now I think, pistols are really coming out over a night and shes drinking much faster.

• Like 2

@@Slugums cheers mate yeah she seems to be soon good :)

She's stretched half an inch over night so more tying now I think, pistols are really coming out over a night and shes drinking much faster.

Your doing a great job mate, keep tying those plants down so you get a good even light distribution to those buds sites :)

Nice job so far mate, keep it up!

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

Cheers mark :)

Yeah I just done some tying, now get off the site and spend some time with the misses ;)

Have fun with you good lady :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

Update time.. :)

Upped the feed to 2ml bloom\1ml seaweed

gallery_93172_13589_204962.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_212833.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_205022.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_471919.jpg

She is now day 43 :)

Shame I haven't got the money to spend on a better bulb but hey ho make do with what u got eh? ;)

Til the next time :)

• Like 3

Update time again :)

Upped the feed too 2.5ml bloom / 1ml seaweed

Removed a few fan leaves as the blocking light to lower buds too.

ATM she is giving off a fruity\slightly citrus smell from her, she doesn't seem to stink the room out now either, I'm sure the smell will increase again in a week :)

gallery_93172_13589_356555.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_489793.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_205243.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_414443.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_246154.jpg

• Like 3

Update time then.. :)

Upped feed to 3ml bloom \ 1ml seaweed

Removed a few more fan leaves so the light can get to lower buds.

gallery_93172_13589_88979.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_34867.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_331682.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_132726.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_220500.jpg

gallery_93172_13589_570674.jpg

Until the next update :)

• Like 2

Nice healthy looking lady mate :) You've done some great work with the training to keep as even a canopy as possible and the buds look to be ripening up very well :) Nice crystal coverage also ;)

Great job so far mate :) and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated.

Until the next update :oldtoker:

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1