autodog 3: Frisian duck + autos

The pics above are from this morning in the rain and a rare visit to my outland grilla plot, The China Bowl garden.

The Auto Frisians have my affection still. Big and fast growing they appear well suited to my enviro. Two are growing purple flowers

and all three are doing well. The runt has come good, just looks a couple of weeks behind.

It hadn't occurred to me to grow autos outdoors before and I never would have grown autos outdoors this year if Tony hadn't given me the seeds. I'm fortunate and Im really glad I tried them.

The autos are flowering into buds while all my outdoor photo period strains are flowering some or none and these girls are weeks older.

Also, the autos are a handy size for concealing and caging compared to their photo sisters.

I reckon the Auto Ducks will be well worth a try next summer.

The Ducks

These old dames are are generally doing great and some are impressively big. Rabbits are still causing grief and my caging techniques

are developing. The rodents suddenly started reaching up on hind legs to rob some good heads and branches.This is probably going to determine any success in bringing home a crop. You need to be determined to succeed at growing in wild places and I'm just keeping up.

The Sweet Tooths

These babes are coming up to time to stop feeding which will be end of week 8, the end of june but maybe sooner

The trichs already look cloudy with amber here and there

4 under 600w, soil, week 7 stayed small, all very even, love them.

1 small bud cut and drying for a sample, can't wait

This strain is the result of a Blueberry cross that is a DP staple. Its leading me deeper into the Dutch Passion seed catalogue.

I'm planning a fruity next grow under lights

Edited by autodog

Your plants and beautiful mate 😍 only way to describe it. I'm jealous.

Keep up the good work 👍

Really fantastic growing man!! Very well done! I am very happy to hear that the techniques that work for me, are also working in the cloudy parts of the world.

Hahaha the DP blueberry was THE plant that got me to delve into their catalog deeper....and i am glad i did!!!

If you are having stalk splitting, check out my journal as there is a mini tutorial making reverse supports which will cure and main stalk stress. Never thought about rats being a problem for low lying plants though!!

@@walnutpolecat hey thanks! Posting the diary seems to help. You look cute

@@912GreenSkell hi dude cheers, yes workin great, just a little scaling down from the 912 plan by a third to suit our less than epic climate.

The top bud of the purple auto Frisian Dew was rotted, but nipped in the bud. Its been wet. I hope the plot will be vented ok.nThe bushes around the autos have grown high and maybe not enough air movement.

Re the rats, it's possible that I saw a rabbit lookin shifty and not a rat at all, because they're very hard to fence out and Ive only seen rabbits recently

Now for stalk maintainance, I'll check your guide.

Happy growing all

@@walnutpolecat hey thanks! Posting the diary seems to help. You look cute

@@912GreenSkell hi dude cheers, yes workin great, just a little scaling down from the 912 plan by a third to suit our less than epic climate.

The top bud of the purple auto Frisian Dew was rotted, but nipped in the bud. Its been wet. I hope the plot will be vented ok.nThe bushes around the autos have grown high and maybe not enough air movement.

Re the rats, it's possible that I saw a rabbit lookin shifty and not a rat at all, because they're very hard to fence out and Ive only seen rabbits recently

Now for stalk maintainance, I'll check your guide.

Happy growing all

My journal is in the outdoor diary section. Eventually i will be adding the info into the training guide.

My journal is in the outdoor diary section. Eventually i will be adding the info into the training guide.

Great technique re training/branch support my friend! Its on post#126 in the 912 diary

Just been catching up on your grow. Freakin mental!! The Orange Hill is calling me as well as the Blueberry and others. Amazin skill.

The joy and sometimes despair that comes with outdoor growing....

Planted out a 5 week auto Mazar and a 5 week auto Blackberry Kush 2 days ago. I can't remember if I applied slug pellets

Both plants which were about to take off have been stripped to the stalk aaaaghhhhh Gutted!!!

Still, now I've got it off my chest.

My single auto Euforia is in a 1.5 litre pot, my last auto that is not in the ground.

I've recently had a long run of 100% germ rates popping 20 seeds over a few months...till now.

I found the A. Euforia trickier and longer to germinate and this makes me more determined to grow this one

I badly want this one to live and I might not be able to let her out after what happened to my auto Maz and BBk.

Do I have time to sprout more outdoor autos this summer, London south? Ok, I'll pop a couple of auto blackberries

Onwards!

look on the bright side, those slugs enjoyed some great genetics :-)

The copper slug collars at the local garden centre have your name on them auto dog, or you can make your own with adhesive copper tape (DIY shop) stuck on some slices of plastic pipe/tube. Combined with regular slug pelleting and rabbit cages its one way of repelling munchers.

Ha ha yes they've already got a taste for great genetics in my garden, @@DutchPassionTony

I let my guard down. The white slug pellets don't seem so strong as others I've been using and they seem to need refreshing after every rain. So will try the copper tape, collar thing as well, in future.

I've taken 4 cuttings from the biggest of the Forest Dream fems to flower indoors.

Together with the auto Euforia, they're now settling into a new veg box, vented by the main groom,

2ft two bulb T5 flouro

Seeing that bright clean wash of flouro light lifted the spirits

I've got a 250 to 600w hps euro reflector on standby in the veg box which is 4ft wide by 2ft by 4ft high

Damn...slugs can certainly wreck havoc for you guys!! On wet years they are an issue for us as well. I am a scavenger, so i use copper wire from power cable. for around my stalks, and use copper thin wire(salvaged from PC power supply) for protecting my training wires(yes i caught one of the little shits using it for transportation one night..hehe..fool me once)

Hi 912 thankyou mate! The credit is really due to the Frisians, Ducks and also the auto Frisian Dew. These girls grow themselves.

Outstanding.

Now that the Uk is leaving the EU, I will be proposing stronger trade links with the Netherlands and the province of Frisia in particular.

I have named one of my cannabis gardens The Frisian Field to comemorate this surprising day

Envoys from my self governing enclave, The Lost Lands set out on the dawn tide, hastening by sail boat to den Helder to meet the King of the Frisians.